A Scholar Par Excellence - Hossein Kowsari QXPiii

Welcome to New and Improved Beacon Forum. Here all General Discussions and News items can be posted and discussed.
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

QXPiii 1/29/07
By Shabbir Ahmed, M.D., Florida
Edited by Hossein Kowsari, California

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

Respected readers, Peace and Blessings unto you!

All my life, I will remain profoundly grateful to my honorable brother in Islam, Hossein Kowsari of California, for carefully reviewing this humble work of mine. He has very kindly edited the entire document and given numerous ideas and precious suggestions, and made grammatical corrections where warranted.

His suggestions have been so valuable and convincing that they have been incorporated into the text almost in their entirety after due reflection.

A very widely read gentleman, Mr. Kowsari is an outstanding Islamic scholar and exponent of the Quran in his own right. He has the honor of having translated the Glorious Book into Persian. Primarily a scientist, throughout his life, he has delved into very diverse areas of scholarship, such as Astronomy, Philosophy, World History, Scriptural analysis and Comparative Religion.

His command over the English language reminds me of the legendary figure, ‘Maulana’ Muhammad Ali Jauhar (d.1931) of the British India. As most of the educated people from the Indo-Pak subcontinent know, he was a living legend as the editor of the most revolutionary and popular daily newspapers of his times, “Hamdard” (Urdu) and “Comrade” (English).

Khwaja Hasan Nizami once wrote, “Jauhar knows more English than all the Indians combined together.” Brother Kowsari seems to know more English than all men and women I know, combined together.

Without brother Kowsari’s critical review and editing, I and the reader would have missed much of the quality of this rendition.

May God reward him in both lives!

All that is good and correct in QXPiii (The Quran As It Explains Itself, third edition) comes from Allah, and then from His gifted servant, Hossein Kowsari. Any errors or faults belong to this life-long student, Shabbir Ahmed.
Wassalam,
SA
NISAR AHMAD

Post by NISAR AHMAD »

SIR SALAM
when QXP3 will be available on this site.
Two week ago i down loded qxp it was 2nd edition.
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam Aleikum,

It will be avaible around June of this year inshAllah. We are busy now with the last phases of editing and proofreading.