Why is it prohibited to eat this kind of food?

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
matinbhagat

Post by matinbhagat »

Salam,

My main curiosity is why is it prohibited to eat food dedicated to others besides Allah. Because many a times food in my house is dedicated to idols(parents are non muslims), and let us say the food might get wasted and thrown away, i wonder it wud be better to eat it than waste as God does not like the wasters. However, i am also curious as to why this kind of food is prohibited. Perhaps its a symbolic respect for the deen as i read in an essay?Just want some thoughts, as to find out the whys of every rule.

Regards,
Jai
Inna lillahi,wa inna ilayhi ra'jiun
To God we belong,To Him is the return!
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam Aleikum,

In a sense yes, dedicated to other then God refers to that the food is gained through unlawful systems.

Any religious or economic or political system that presents food after certain rituals or stages of process are almost corrupt and suprressing to Mankind.

We do not acknowledge these systems and reject their means of social structure, and thus also reject the sustanance, the food that comes out of this system.

It urges us to create a fair system that creates and spreads food and other sustanance in a fair way and to every person in need.

Thus the current Western systems are equal as partners next to God, and their food as bad as that of religious ceremonies.

Many populations on Earth have to suffer so Western countries can present food in a cheap way, same also counts for technology and other needs of man as for example oil.

This is also why God allows eating this unlawful food when there is no alternative. I myself live in a Western country that has an unfair economic system and does not produce or gain food in ways that sustains the whole Earth. Many organisations do their best to send food to warzones and hungerzones, but charity will never sustain a people enough.

This we can see everywhere.

This is why God urges us to create the fair economical-socio system of Islam as this will provide for the whole of humanity.

Untill such a system is not established, we are in a sense, eating unlawful food, not by choice, but by force.

God wants us not to accept this, but to remind us, you must create this system, strive for it.

So the food in your house is double unlawful, as it comes from an unfair food-system and plus it is dedicated to a reality that does not exist. By rejecting it, you reject the unfair system and the false perception of Reality proclaimed by your housemates.

This remind syou of your true goal, Iqama-Salat, create the System that follows righteousness!!
matinbhagat

Post by matinbhagat »

In my life, I have never heard another better explanation than that, for this prohibition. ANd we choose the best words based on our intellect and of course the furqan, thus what u mentioned makes total sense to me.Thank you brother, eid mubarak and salamun alaykum.

Regards,
Your brother,Jai
Inna lillahi,wa inna ilayhi ra'jiun
To God we belong,To Him is the return!