The Sonic Crystal

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Mahmood Qasmi

The Sonic Crystal

Post by Mahmood Qasmi »

Peace be with you,

Let me explain the physics behind "sonic crystal". It is a crystalline structure, that under the influence of a varying electrical field (electrical impulse), emits pressure waves at sound or infrasound or ultrasound frequencies through a material medium (gas, liquid or solid). Since it is a pressure/sound wave, it cannot be transmitted via vacuum.

Like electromagnetic waves however, it can be used in a beam formation or in antenna arrays, or point-source transmitter.

The waves look like pressure fronts with high-low-high-low pattern for a simplistic wave (the electromagnetic counterpart is a sinusoidal wave). This pattern can be changed via pressure modulation (similar to what is done for electromagnetic waves in amplitude and frequency modulation). Almost like an envelope wave modulated with a higher frequency wave.

Study of theraputic properties of using sonic waves is still in its infancy, but people have been putting sonic therapy into practice in recent years.

I believe Dr. Shabbir has responded to brother Nauman's post.
Mahmood Qasmi
Toronto, Canada
Dr. Shabbir

The Sonic Crystal

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

This is a good detail from you. People think and perceive things differently. We do not make any claims about sound therapy since no controlled studies have been conducted on it so far to my knowledge. But it helps quite a few people.

Apart from medicine, I have diverse interests in many fields. Alternative therapies also interest me and we keep learning every day.

The Sonic Crystal is an Acrylic Carbonite that can store sound energy and keep transmitting it in high vibrating sound, without losing the frequency.

Sound waves are known to help quite a few problems with psyche and soma, and benefit even plants and animals. I worked along with a few friends for several years on sound therapy. It has a beneficial effect probably by inducing chemical balance in the mind and body.

It has NOTHING to do with magic. It is a blessing in the sense that many people feel better with it, sleep better, get rid of depression, feel relaxed, think more clearly and thus become able to make the right decisions. Let us not mistake it for a magical piece of material. In many cases, the placebo effect must be at work as well as faith healing.

Modern research finds out more and more on the beneficial effects of certain sounds on the mind and body. Many fields which were previously seen as unscientific are now starting to be accepted by the mainstream scientists as new research shows the true science behind these methods.

Let no one confuse the Sonic Crystal with magic.
Wassalam,
SA