Quran Only muslims living in so-called muslim countries

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Naushad

Post by Naushad »

Salaam alay kum,

At times I read articles from countries like India and Pakistan and wonder that how can a muslim survive in those countries who believes in the Quran and questions hadith and fiqh. The society in so-called muslim countries is 100% build upon N2I (Ajami Islam) beliefs. No one can dare deny the version of Islam preached by mullahs adhering to the sunni Imams of fiqh or hadith.

There was a story of this couple (I believe Imrana) in India where she was raped by her father-in-law and the Hanafi mullah of the locality decreed that Imrana is automatically divorced (or haraam) from her husband and in addition must marry her father-in-law. We all know its ridiculous but the problem is that what can these poor (and fairly simple minded) muslims do who are in complete control by the islamic clergy of their locality plus the members of their society. The whole society is drenched in N2I islam so obviously no one would even listen to any scholar who would try to explain such incident from the Quranic point of view and would be immediately declared as Kafir etc.

Same is the case of triple divorces in many muslim countries. Even though such a divorce is not Quranic but how can couples (or women) who get stuck in such circumstances defend themselves against the N2I society they live in? If they try to tell anyone that their marriages are valid as per Quranic injunctions and its only fiqh or hadith that is making it invalid then no one really cares and such a couple is considered living a life of sin if somehow they build enough courage to stand against the fatwa of the local clergy. Most likely they would even be stoned to death if they dare to continue living as husband and wife based on the Quranic law that clearly says that there is no such thing as triple divorce.

It is easy for most of us to talk about the Quran only Islam (and even practise it to some extent) when most of us are living in countries like USA, Canada or somewhere in Europe.

How can Quranic people even survive in countries like India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh or even Egypt specially if they do not agree with the fiqh and hadith based muslim law? More importantly for muslims who prefer to follow Quran over fiqh/hadith do they even have a right to NOT follow the fiqh/hadith based muslim law of their own country if they believe it is going against the Quranic injunctions? How can they survive in a society where all the laws are based on fiqh and hadith?

Thanks,

Naushad.
sikandar khan

Post by sikandar khan »

Most information about the Number 1 islam is available in English .People who need to be educated cannot understand English or have no patience to read these articles or join a forum like Ourbeacon.Many of my friends in England show interest when I translate the articles published in this forum.Sometime I print the articles and distribute among people.It would be very useful if urdu translation was readily available.
It is the general public who needs information and education in Urdu.Unless people like Doctor saheb and his associates (and similar) reach the ordinary public there will be no progress.If Doctor saheb could publish the articles about equal rights for women,divorce laws and jinns it will be a great help to people.Ideally these articles should be published in a popular urdu paper and then people like me could print these and distribute among friends and in the mosques ( if the Mullahs allow)
There is a very large Muslim population in the U.K who are far far behind and need reolutionary changes.

regards

Sikandar Khan.
[/b]
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam my dear Sikandar,

I believe most Quranic writers were people from India and Pakistan who all wrote mostly in Urdu. There is more material found about the Quranic Message in Urdu then in English.

Allama Mashriqi, Parwez, Dr.Barq, Sir Syed Khan and so on, all wrote in Urdu.

Please see for example this site:

http://www.aboutquran.com/

See under Resources in the left column, the Books and Articles section. There you can download books from many Quranic writers. 90% is in Urdu.

When it comes to the work of OurBeacon and other modern researchers, we are very busy to translate the work in as many languages as we can, including Urdu, Turkish, French, Dutch and so on.
sikandar khan

Post by sikandar khan »

Brother Arnold, Salam .

Thank you for a prompt reply.Now I can appreciate that there are many other languages that need your attention and in comparison probably Urdu translation is more freely available.
As regards Allama Mashriqi,Sir Syed Ahmad Khan and Barq Saheb saheb's writings I can assure you that these are not readily available for general public.Idara Toloue Islam's publications can only be obtained from there offices in Lahore.I tried to obtain Parvez Sahebs translation of The Quran but could not succeed in Karachi.Later I tied to download the translation but the "djvuweb brouser plug in" does not work on the computers which are available to me.
I strongly feel that an influential and capable person like Doctor Saheb should contact a newspaper like The Jang or similar and publish a regular column regarding the day to day matters in the light of The Quran.
Next year after my retirement I hope to translate some articles in Urdu and will distribute to people.

Regards

Sikandar Khan
London.
Naushad

Post by Naushad »

Salaamz again,

Can Arnold or someone else please reply to my question at the beginning of this post:

More importantly for muslims who prefer to follow Quran over fiqh/hadith do they even have a right to NOT follow the fiqh/hadith based muslim law of their own country if they believe it is going against the Quranic injunctions? How can they survive in a society where all the laws are based on fiqh and hadith?

Thank you,

Naushad.
sikandar khan

Post by sikandar khan »

Brother Naushad.

Salam.

They should follow the country's laws.They have to.Like we live in the U.S or UK and follow the Country's laws and survive nicely.
Living in a country like Saudi Arabia is no different.
However living in India is easy.If it is personal and family matter one can either follow the Muslim law of his Fiqha and choose his own Mufti or totally ignore it and follow the Indian laws.
But if one is living in Saudi Arabia one has to follow the country's laws or go to prison. It is just like living in the U.S or in UK

Regards

Sikandar Khan
M.Ali

Post by M.Ali »

Salam

I also wonders how on earth the so called Muslim countries are championed when comes to matter of corruption! Just look at coutries such as Indonesia (the biggest Muslim population), Pakistan and even the Middle East countries.
They have the Quran for guidance and their Mullahs did tell them that ritual prayers can act as a deterrent against any bad behaviour!
UmeAimon

Post by UmeAimon »

Salam,

Brother the problem is they don't have Quran for guidance just aalims, molvies and muttawas and they guide them wherever they wish to be guided and use the name of Islam to justify whatever they wish. I have personally witnessed all kinds of corruptions in the name of religion and probably the only one in family to even raise a concern and now by Allah's grace raising voice about why are things happening the way they are and whether we are even worth being called muslims by the path we are following. I have been actually called by my beloved family and friends as "the one who has lost it all" and the one who " needs to be set right" and at extreems "a kafir" and mostly by my very concerned parents to " husssshhhhh! keep quite and don't go arround telling people... keep it to your self!" and they keep asking me who have I been keeping company with...:lol: but I guess some good has also come out of it... My mother and grandmother, who I thought would be the last ones, are convinced...my brother who was on his way to becoming a true Molvi has mellowed down a little bit.
my father uhmmm not yet! although he has no counter arguements to present and few of my cousins also coming towards n1 Islam.

The sad thing is most the people, even women, are happy the way it is even if they see and feel something is not right they can never think that something is wrong with their religion because they take religion not as a way of life but set of rituals that can help them erase all their misdeeds. I think they like this short cut!

I have seen the younger generation is much willing to hear and adhere to the truth because of the effects of the n2 Islam they have witnessed. The only thing is to guide them to the right way. There are not many opportunities and this n2 Islam people have way too many resources and are influencial. Still Allah is with us and although it is tough we can be positive and work till the last breath in our capacities, after all this is also part of being a muslim :)

a sister
Drcheema

Post by Drcheema »

Dear and respected Skiandar Khan sahib
Most of the books authored by Baba Ji are available in the CD and perhaps DVD format,aslo. One CD contains many notable books which you can acquire from Idara as a mail order. After this you can either maker copies of those CD's or just print them out and distribute to your contacts.
The audio and video lectures are also available int he CD form and many of those lectures are on the internet. You can make copies and it would be a great idea to play those lectures to a group of friends on a weekend.
Dr Shabbir sahib, as you know, is already writting urdu articles in urdu newspapers and has a wide readership. IN these articles the Quranic education is provided in a very light and pleasant style. At the bottom of the article the list of the books authored by Dr Sahib and the web address is provided. Those who develop interest in Quran through the newspaper column go on to read the books or visit the online resource and this is how the Quranic literacy is spreading world wide. YOu also know that in English language there was no quality work available on the subject of Quran. Most of the interpretitions of Quran were faulty and Dr Sahib took this daring step and interpretted Quran in English which is a great service to the cause of Quran movement. He has engaged himself in many other projects and no ordinary person can even think of doing that.
I am glad to hear that you are doing good work in UK. IN fact in last december i had the chance to visit UK for few days and got some glimpses of the Pakistani community in there. I realised majority was staunch N2I and the religion has intoxicated them so much that they ,especially the older generation, are not willing to learn or re-evaluate their faith. The rituals and religious customs are exactly what they practice in Pakistan such as "jalsay", "Khatam", "sufi mahafil", and what not.
I wish some day they start reading Quran.
Taseer Cheema,MD
New York