SONS OF ALLAH?

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Perceptions

SONS OF ALLAH?

Post by Perceptions »

Assalamo Aliakum,

I have a question too, based on the following Aya of the Holy quran.

9.30: And the Jews say: Uzair is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!

I need to know if ALL JEWS and ALL CHRISTIANS used to believe in ALLAH'S BEGOTTEN SONS, Naaouzubillah, at the time Quran was being revealed.
Do ALL of them still do so?
Sidqi

SONS OF ALLAH?

Post by Sidqi »

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Sidqi. ca
Arnold Yasin Mol

SONS OF ALLAH?

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam,

No, not all Jews or Christians believed in this, only certain sects within those groups. And there are still groups within the Jews that claim Uzair to be the 'son of God.

And 80-90% of all Christians believe Jesus to be the son of God.
Perceptions

SONS OF ALLAH?

Post by Perceptions »

Thanks Mol,
So Quran spoke about the majority of the Jew, only? I wonder about this belief . Can you tell me how did the Idea invaded, into the followers of Moses?
Christians have a different ground, I think.

------------------------------------
If possible, kindly let the RELGION, or WAY OF LIFE of each member be dispalyed, to avoid confusion. Thanks
Arnold Yasin Mol

SONS OF ALLAH?

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam Aleikum,

When I have more time, I will give a short introduction on the history of the Christian Theology. And I will ask a Rabbi which I'm friends with, to write about the Jewish sects who believe Uzair/Ezra to be the son of God.

I will also advice you to read Dr.Shabbir's excellent book on Jewish and Christian Theology in the Bible:

http://www.ourbeacon.com/mybible.pdf