Please help!

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Resham Mansoor

Please help!

Post by Resham Mansoor »

Asa!

There is one thing which has kept me wondering since a long time. I'm really embarassed in my own eyes that most of the time when I start my Namaz my mind is consumed in all the chores i have to accomplish later. I have tried concentrating on it but i usually fail.......

I seriously wanna overcome this. I don't know if anyone else here faces the same problem but i need to overcome this. Please help (esp Arnold, i want you to commeny on it)

Resham Mansoor
Pakistan
Arnold Yasin Mol

Please help!

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam Resham,

Your problem is one I hear many times from people. In reality, the answer to this is simple. The concept of personal Namaz is non-Quranic and is thus a self-imposed ritual.

God does not need your acknowledgement. The main psychological tendency of mankind, is to seek harmony with the Ultimate Reality, Allah. God tries to explain to us in the Quran, that this harmony is achieved through following His Laws, just like Nature follows His Laws [24].

But the dominant idea of attaining harmony is gained through rituals, and the Quran is ignored. 300 years after the Prophet, the Persian priesthood controlled the Quranic interpretation as 80% of the people living under Muslim authority were non-Arabic speaking people.

To seperate Quran from State, they changed many definitions and replaced them with non-Quranic rituals.

Please read:

http://ourbeacon.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=618

http://ourbeacon.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=424

http://ourbeacon.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=120

The Quranic Namaz is always held in congregations, in groups, are an introduction to the Social debate or meeting, and is thus not a ritual to "please" God.

So if you want to pray individually, remember, it is a self-imposed ritual, and thus you lay down your own rules. It is not part of the Quranic Message.
Resham Mansoor

Please help!

Post by Resham Mansoor »

Asa!

Thanks a lot! Same was the reply from my mother but i don't know why but sometimes whn i manage to concentrate on my Namaz i feel peace of mind. I seriously feel strongrer.

Resham Mansoor
Pakistan
Arnold Yasin Mol

Please help!

I know, this is a self created psychological feeling of rest and peace, as you believe this is a way to seek harmony with God. It is a short term feeling of peace, created by a self-created harmony by a self-imposed ritual.

It is like meditation. There is no harm in it all. But the true harmony is found only in following Allah's Laws of Quran and Nature. That is an eternal peace, and not a short-term one.

This is why creating the Deen in the world is so important, as everyone will experience this harmony contiously.
Resham Mansoor

Please help!

Post by Resham Mansoor »

Yea!!
Correct to a great extent. Sicne birth we have been hearing about the importance of Namaz in Islam and about the ritual of starting off with Namaz by no more than age of 7. This has undoulbtely created a psychological affect.

Anyways one feel much more at peace by cutting off onez need and helping the poor the destitute.......

Resham Mansoor
Pakistan
usaamah

Please help!

Post by usaamah »

Salaam brother Arnold,

You said, "(Namaaz) is like meditation. There is no harm in it all."

Since the Namaaz of today is totally different from the Salaah of the Qur'an, do you mean to say that doing Namaaz is not Bid'ah? That there is no "harm" in it?
Arnold Yasin Mol

Please help!

Peace,

When you understand it is not in the Quran, but a man-made approach to God. Then you give it the correct value, a human one and not a Divine one as is given now by the majority.

When it is given the correct place, it has no harm. Fishing for joy is not in the Quran but it can give peace in the mind, is it then Bid'ah? Of course not. Same applies to meditation, be it in any form.