The Traces of our Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him&a

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Riaz Ahmed

Post by Riaz Ahmed »

I am amazed and thrilled to see such pictures and traces of our Beloved Prophet (pbuh).

http://www.aicpmultimedia.org/html/islamic_pictures-athar.html

Sometimes, I cant believe that such physical evidence is present. What are the opinion/s from my Brothers and Sisters on here.

Are these artifacts authentic? I must ask this question, because my faith in tradtion, rituals and hadith literature has always been questioned by me! I hold the Quran dearly to my heart which only holds the true value.

Wasalaam

Riaz
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam,

My dear brother, these artifacts are fake. In any religion, people will revere their Prophet. Have the desire to have personal objects from him, as idolatry is a strong tendency in man. Thousands of pieces of wood has been sold as the true cross of Jesus, if we would combine all these so-called authentic pieces, then we could form more then a million crosses.

You believe the Prophet would wear a golden sword? That he would allow his teeth to be saved, his hair to be preserved? This man who fought idolatry all his life, would he allow substances that would bring people close to idolatry?

A man who said this all of his life?

"I am but a human like you.” (18:110)

“O People! I am only Muhammad son of Abdullah.”

“I am the son of an ordinary Quraishi woman who used to (save and) eat dry meat.”

Further, Muhammad (S) said, "One who loves that people keep standing before him, should seek his abode in hellfire."

I have studied these artifacts, and many were concocted by the later monarchs and priesthood to rival the Christian artifacts. I have been to the vault in the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul.

I have seen the artifacts shown on those pictures.

They have also the so-called staff of Moses lying there, the handbone of Yayha, the teeth of Mohammed, his mantle, several Golden swords, his hairs, a footprint.

I stood there and also was amazed by the blindness of the people. Our Prophet, with a golden sword? Please, come on...The staff of Moses, oh please.

It even contradicts the Hadith literature that clearly states our Prophet left NOTHING behind except one shield. And now several swords lay there suppossed to be his?

Also several swords lay there, claiming to be from the Sahaba and Ali. But these all suddenly appeared in the times of Ottomans, who gathered all these artifacts from across the Islamic empire.

I believe the only trustworthy relic is the mantle, his cape, as this is the only non-flashy artifact and is the least revered. But you can't see it as it is a GOLDEN box, again something our beloved Prophet would have hated. These artifacts were concocted under the influence of the Christian traditions of relics.

I wonder which poor skeleton of a non-famous person is missing a tooth or a hand.... :roll:

What is interresting is to see one of the old doors of the Kaaba standing there from around 1100 and one of its gigantic locks.

I know it is a very powerful feeling that maybe we have some artifacts, something physical of our Prophet. This is also why it was concocted, to satisfy this urge, this feeling to be close to our Prophet. But we must remember we do this by following his message, following that which he had to deliver, the Quran.

Think deeply, even if these artifacts were true, would you think our beloved Prophet, the no1 fighter against idolatry, would have respected you for being pleased to having these artifacts? We know he would have hated it...

Also, it is very shocking to see people eyeballing the artifacts of the hand of Yayha, believing it is true. While never claiming it should be properly buried! This relic-tourism is far more important then doing the right thing according to their own beliefs....

This again shows how dangerous relics are, their own faith is neglected, is over-ruled, by their urge to see these relics.
Riaz Ahmed

Post by Riaz Ahmed »

Wasalaams Arnold ,

You have confirmed my Suspicion about these artifacts with a good reply. If only people thought about this in a clear and concise fashion, that this is a form of idolatry and abuse of his character!

I have been to several relatives homes and often see such pictures framed with pride.

Thanks again for a detailed reply to my question.

Peace.

Riaz