Particular Duaas- how valid?

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
usaamah

Post by usaamah »

Salaam,

We have been taught to recite particular Duaas and supplications, e.g., duaas before traveling, before eating, before sleeping etc. How far is this practice valid? Allah doesn't say in the Holy Book, "Recite this verse of Mine before embarking on a journey", etc.

Wassalaam
Usaamah
Naushad

Post by Naushad »

Dear brother Usaamah,

For ease and clarity it would be more appropriate to post all your questions under the Q&A section. Just a suggestion.

I am sure Brother Arnold or someone else will reply to your question shortly. Have a wonderful day.

Best regards,

Naushad.
Ahmed Mateen

Post by Ahmed Mateen »

Salaam,

We have been taught to recite particular Duaas and supplications, e.g., duaas before traveling, before eating, before sleeping etc. How far is this practice valid? Allah doesn't say in the Holy Book, "Recite this verse of Mine before embarking on a journey", etc.

Wassalaam
Usaamah

Salaam usaamah,

Welcome to the forum!

The concept of dua doesn't seem that simple to me, however all the duas you mentioned only make me an arabic speaking machine, uttering some words I dont understand, but still people say It doesn't matter if we understand or not God does understand them for sure and thats all they want. Looking after the traffic laws when driving would make your journey safe, does your dua make any difference? Yes, they would say you are not the only one on the road you can be harmed by the mistakes of others, so you pray that God save you.......different people......different understandingns...The real question is does God interfere in our daily matters? If no then what is dua? If yes how? and what are the limitations?.....Dua is an interesting topic, here is an article by Parwez, though not very clearly explained, still good enough.......enjoy:

http://ourbeacon.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=932#932

And lets pray, may God increase us in knowledge!

Salaam
ali syed

Post by ali syed »

After implementing the laws in nature Allah (SWT) to my understanding is there to listen to our genuine prayers that is Duaas to favour us to over come with the problems we come across. Al Quoran is the book what all the muslims have to follow it collectively to be successful in this world and the world after.
We Muslims must be all out to win the hearts of Muslims and non muslims by sacrificing our own desires. Islam will then prevail all over man made religions.
shahalam66

Post by shahalam66 »

A prayer is not about petitioning Allah to do man's work. To prevent femine, one plow is worth many (du'as) supplication. An invention of medicine will cure more diseases than all the prayers uttered for it. Unfortunately the way of our supplication is no more than an acknowledgement of our helplessness and passing over our work to God. Rather it should be a feeling and awareness for what we lack, not loud and repetitive in words but in compunction of our own soul. As God always answers for whatever we wish, in proportion to our will and capacity, individually and collectively.

A true supplication therefore is a supplication of gratitude for all the possibilities that we possess, its not about what we cannot have.
shahalam