DEBATING QURAN

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Zubair Alam

DEBATING QURAN

Post by Zubair Alam »

Dear fellows,
I have been enlightened by all the posts that I go through.
However I have a question regarding debating different subjects in quran in particular and Islam in general. Kindly remove all my doubts ,if one is allowed to debate different topics of quran to enlighten themselves with the truth.Somebody told me that debating quranic subjects is against Islam.
Kindly enlighten me.
STUDENT OF THE DIVINE MESSAGE
Arnold Yasin Mol

DEBATING QURAN

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam Aleikum,

Well, if you have gone through the post, you see we discuss Quranic subjects, so why can't you? The Quran says you must verify everything for your own [17]. The person who told you debating is against Islam follows the imams blindly, they don't want you to be enlightened.

How can you gain knowledge without debate?

But always keep in mind that you must have some knowledge of the Quranic Arabic and the Quran as a whole. You can not debate the Quran only based on a translation.
Dr. Shabbir

DEBATING QURAN

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear brothers,

'Debating the Qur'an' carries a negative connotation. We have been repeatedly commanded to reflect on the Book and convey the Message to others. The best way to learn is reflection and honest discussion.
Wassalam,
SA
Arnold Yasin Mol

DEBATING QURAN

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Indeed my dear Doctor, we must study, reflect and discuss our understandings and findings.

2:176 This is so, because Allah has revealed the Book in Absolute Truth, therein is no contradiction. Obviously then, those who set their own views against the Book, split deeply into sects and fall into mutual disputes.

4:82 Will they not then, try to understand this Qur’an? If it were from other than Allah they would surely have found in it much contradiction.

2:257 Allah becomes the Close Guide of those who, after due reflection, have chosen to believe in His Word (12:108). He brings them out of darkness into Light (through the Qur'an). Those who deny the Divine System of Life have human "authorities" as patrons to lead them from Light to darkness. Such people have chosen Fire to be their eternal companion.

12:108 Say (O Prophet), “This is my way. Resting my call upon reason, I am calling you all to Allah - I and they who follow me.” (We do not invite through blind faith, vague dogmas or by stunning your intellect with miracles). Glory to Allah! And I am not one of those who ascribe divinity in any form besides Him.”

17:36 And you shall not follow blindly any information of which you have no direct knowledge. (Using your faculties of perception and conception) you must verify it for yourself. In the Court of your Lord, you will be held accountable for your hearing, sight, and the faculty of reasoning. (And so, the insane and the disabled will have their incapacities taken into account in a court of law.)

2:269. He bestows wisdom according to His Laws (12:22, 28:14). And whoever is granted wisdom has indeed been granted a great wealth. And only people of understanding remain mindful of what they learn. (Making good use of their perceptual and conceptual faculties helps people attain wisdom 17:36).
Ahmed Mateen

DEBATING QURAN

Post by Ahmed Mateen »

Salaams,

I agree with both of you! We just need to keep 3:7 in mind.

:)