The 60 Million Blessed Women Men - Al-Hamdulillah!

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear friends, AA

The following is submitted with sincere gratitude to Allah and in all humility to Him and His servants. A great friend had requested yesterday to furnish this info on the forum.

Al-Hamdulillah, about 60 million Muslim men and women have rejected the Number Two, Ajami, Hadithi, Counterfeit Islam or N2I through our humble efforts under (the old name) WWW.GALAXYDASTAK.COM and GALAXY PUBLICATIONS since 1989.

I think, the new names, WWW.OURBEACON.COM and OUR BEACON were adopted only in 2005.

1989 proved to be a blessed year for us and our noble mission. That is the year when our lovely daughter, Aisha, was born and co-incidentally I started writing the weekly Urdu column DASTAK (Knock at the door) at the request of the Journalism icon, Majeed Nizami Saheb, publisher and chief editor of (NAWA-E-WAQT GROUP OF PUBLICATIONS) Lahore, Pakistan. My best friend and wife, Farida, simultaneously began writing her weekly AHAT (Footsteps). Both columns entail interesting literature including history, humor, current events, poetic sweeteners, sociology, general knowledge, Q & A - and above all - THE QUR'ANIC THOUGHT all at one time. Al-Hamdulillah, they have been immensely popular around the globe with ten newspapers publishing them. (Late) Zameer Jaafri Saheb and many other critics have called DASTAK and AHAT the best syndicated Urdu columns ever.

1989 was much before I had touched a computer. In the same year at the behest of ISLAMIC INFORMATION FOUNDATION, Canada, we produced a beautiful album consisting of 16 Urdu audio cassettes exclusively on children's and youngsters' questions and their answers on Islam (ISLAM IN FOCUS). More than 10,000 of those albums have sold until now by IIF and people love them. One hundred percent of the funds directly go to the Islamic Information Foundation since we had given the copyrights to IIF in order to help the Foundation's noble mission.

The figure of 60 million Muslims turning to the Qur'an is an approximation which is very well-founded.

The figure is primarily based on the number of our 40 Urdu and English books and their reprints SOLD and/or distributed around the world. Add to this most of these books translated and sold/distributed in up to 11 languages.

Let us also remember the vast number of websites globally that carry Ourbeacon books. Many websites provide links to OURBEACON.COM.

Additional approximation comes from the emails, phones and letters we receive from those who have read the books and agree with our humble efforts. Incidentally, there is about the same number, 60 million people, who read and love our weekly Urdu columns in 10 newspapers around the world. Many of these readers overlap the first figure. I think, we are fairly accurate and we must show our gratitude to the Almighty and His sincere servants.

Where are those 60 million people? Please understand that 60 million people make only about 5% of the Ummah and they are scattered. Hence, they are not yet very visible to all. However, more and more are becoming visible in many parts of the world. As the numbers grow, In-Sha-Allah, they will become quite visible everywhere.

RABBANA TAQABBAL MINNA (Our Lord! Please accept from us our labor.)

A life-long student,
Shabbir Ahmed, M.D.
Wassalam,
SA
Shahu

Post by Shahu »

Respected Dr. Sahab, AA

These scattered people are individual soldier. They are working patiently and silently. Thanks for providing this army with best weapon, your books. And it is working! You know how? If someone calls you for books with reference to these soldiers means they are ready to open there heart and mind, and propagate message of truth. So this strategy is working for grown up. For younger heart we really need interesting and reasonable stories of prophet and Islam.

Jazak Allah

Shahu
Shahu Nadir
Sidqi

Post by Sidqi »

Dr. Sahab,

They are changing their families and children, which will thread to next generations.
Since i do, hence i believe that every one like me must be talking to friends and circle. This multiplies number. I know that i personally have been successful in making so many friends, colleagues, business associates neighbors realize the lies and fake stories in N2ism. I also feel that lot of people remain quiet, but inside they are changed.

I am more than sure that your Books are read in the corridors of power in every Islamic country. If not, then they will be. Inshallah.
God bless you.

Sidqi. ca
Musawwir

Post by Musawwir »

Salaam Dr. Shabbir,

Congratulations on your acheivements. May you continue to have success,InshaAllah.

Please dont' mind my impudence, but given your large following, why are you not a household name yet? Like Zakir Naik, Dr. Israr or Hamza Yousuf for instance?

Perhaps you may feel (and possibly quite rightly so) that such fame is not favourable and you have worked to avoid it, but don't you think that if you had fame similar to the people I have just mentioned your message could get across quicker and to an even larger audience?
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear brother, AA

Our goal must be results and not fame, still, I have enough of it, undesired.

Didn't I mention that 60 million hardly make 5% of the Ummah!

The three names you mentioned, and there are many more, they are victims to N2I. They might have 600 million people knowing them, but it's all the same, the Counterfeit Imamist Hadithi Islam propounded through the pulpits around the world, that we are fighting against. I won't be a part of it. Will speeding up the N2I bring any change?

The most important thing is to deliver the Pristine Qur'anic Message which Our Beacon is doing best, Al-Hamdulillah!.

Also, I do not like to travel at all, and prefer to work from home.
Wassalam,
SA
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear brother,

I am fully contented with the way things are going.

This life-long student is not fond of artificial publicity.

If my work is good, Allah will promote it as He has so graciously done so far.
Wassalam,
SA
Musawwir

Post by Musawwir »

My apologies again.
Though I'm quite sure that this page has come into existence very recently (It was modified last on 28th March, 2007), as I had checked a few weeks previously.
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Then there is no need to apologize. We as OurBeacon Group, the youngsters as the Dr calls us 8) are trying their best to spread OurBeacon's message, so the Dr can focus on his work. You will see more of our work in the future inshAllah.