Who is Irshad Manji.

Welcome to New and Improved Beacon Forum. Here all General Discussions and News items can be posted and discussed.
Sidqi

Who is Irshad Manji.

Post by Sidqi »

Glen Beck, the TV compere talk Host at CNN HN did a full one hour unusual show on Friday, 9th Feb at 8PM with now very famous Muslim spokesperson, Irshad Manji, writer, speaker and liberal muslim representative. Its unusual, since he never gives a full hour to one person, who ever he may be.

I have read her book on Islam and her back ground, which made her rebel from tradional thinking. Its a good book.

Manji, at age 4, daughter of an indian mulsim, settled in Uganda, east africa was exiled to Canada by Dictator Eedi Amin, did her honours from Univ of British Columbia. She is host of a talk show "Big Ideas" on Tv Ontario and a host of Tv Kavier, and a speaker at all levels including Universites and forums. Her book in nine languages is a hot selling litrarure on behaviours and thinkings of muslims.
www.muslim-refisenik.com. Down loaded 165000 times.
Her enemies declares her book as against Islam, but if read thoroughly, then its not true. She believes as she also said in interview, in wrong interpretation of Quran by Mullas for their political intrests in ealier cliphate eras. ( Exactly as Dr. SA States.)

Acc to her, there were more than 100 interpretations of Islam in the Golden litrature era of Muslims, but reduced to Five Hard core Imams Fiqs, which changed muslim behaviour in the coming centuries. Today muslims refelct that closed mindedness.

Her earlier book "" Rising utopia. on the edge of new democracy"" was a very also a popular message.

I found her analysis as very close to reality. she is one sole fighter against N2ism and we should support her. She says that youngesters all over world call her to support, but many afraid of declaring due to cultural and religous chains, as she hereself keep getting death threats from hard core Mullahs

Sidqi. ca
anwer

Who is Irshad Manji.

Post by anwer »

AA
I think Irshad Manji belongs to "Number 0(NO) islam", and she has nothing to with Islam and Quran
anwer
Arnold Yasin Mol

Who is Irshad Manji.

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

salaam aleikum,

I must agree with Anwer. When I bought her book 'the trouble with Islam today' ,I had high hopes, but they all turned into disappointment.

She doesn't know the difference between the democratic chosen khalifah age and that of the monarch dictators. She believes everything Buchari and the other criminals say about the Prophet and Sahaba. She doesn't speak Arabic and so her attacks on the Quran are all based on faulty translations.

She talks about women unfriendly verses, she doen't say which ones. And although it is not of my concern, she is lesbian. And thus attacks Islam because it attacks her. Instead of finding the Truth, she only focusses on the wrong things and uses everything, every criminal lie found in the Hadith to attack Islam. She believes the N2I is the true Islam, and not the distorted version.

She is a true consequence of N2I, and also one who will rebel against the N1I too as she will probably refuses it ever existed. Of course I will give her the benefit of the doubt so I was planning to send her Dr.Shabbir's books.
Saleena

Who is Irshad Manji.

Post by Saleena »

I agree wholeheartedly with Arnold and Anwer. Irshad Manji became famous (briefly) for no other reason than the fact that she was helping to promote the backward religion known as 'Islam' as though it is a true reflection of the Quranic message. Unfortunately, every time Muslims mention her (and those like her), talk about her book and/or link her website, they are inadvertently helping to promote her and thus enable her to continue making a profit from the Muslims' humiliation.

He book is not a genuine attempt to uncover the truth or expose a lie. It is simply making a profit from controversy. And let's face it, the Muslims are the easiest profit source thereof in the world. For this reason people like her must be dealt with by being consciously ignored.
Deliver! - A news show with a difference, coming soon -
http://www.deliverancefilms.co.uk
Ahmed Mateen

Who is Irshad Manji.

Post by Ahmed Mateen »

Well I have a different point of view over Irshad Manji. She no doubt attacks Islam because she is affected by number two Islam. Still I see a good thing in it. she is very successfully using the right medium to oppose Islam and creating doubts in the minds of people by persuading them to ask questions about the authenticity of Quran and Islam. She says Quran is ambiguous. She is not wrong saying that, because if we read Quran according to the translations we have, it is the same. I myself reached the same conclusion when I was struggling with Islam. So when people start asking questions about that ambiguity they will try to find the truth. Some times Allah helps us through our enemies. And I see her ploughing the field for us.
Arnold Yasin Mol

Who is Irshad Manji.

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

I do not agree on ignoring her. I'm disappointed she doesn't has the insight to see different levels of truth in side Islamic history. But like I and Mateen said, she is a pure product of N2I and resists it.

And indeed she is just voicing out what many other Muslims feel. The problem here is, that she has perfect vision on the wrongness of the secterian Islam, but she has complete blindness on the Deen Islam. She doesn't know it exists. Because of this, all the people that follows her, or are influenced by her will all bring out their voice against the N2I, without believing in an alternative.

They are very close in total rejection of Islam in total, or bringing it into the level of background spiritualism.

But now I'm writing this, and I see we cannot expect everything from her. To promote the Deen Islam is our responsibility. It is not that she failed in not finding it, it is our fault that she doesn't know it.

So we have things to do my brothers and sisters, time for some spreading...