Any practical work being done???

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Naushad

Post by Naushad »

Salaamz everyone,

I wonder at times that the participants on this forum are masha-allah very educated and are always trying their best to understand Islam from the pure Quranic perspective. There are a lot of intellectual people involved on this forum. But are there any PRACTICAL efforts being performed to implement the system of Quranic laws anywhere by anyone?

I hope I do not offend anyone. It is important to educate people and this is happening already but I would like to help out by actually doing any deed that may help the mankind (on top of regular charities or volunteer work that most of us already doing) and by trying to implement the system of Quran. Every idealogy can only go so far unless it is actually implemented by measureable and achievable practical actions.

Like the saying goes "Actions speak louder than words" and our exalted Prophet (PBUH) himself showed the way of Quran to the whole world by his actions (and not just by speechs or sermons etc).

Any comments by the administration or any active participants will be appreciated.

Regards,

Naushad.
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam Naushad,

Muhammed only implented the Deen after he got enough people to rule a State. So we need first to reform the Muslims before we can create a State based on the Quran.

How do you want us to implent the State? Do you have any ideas? Do you have enough people organised to do it? Do we do it by using force?

Of course not. I understand your urge to action. But a State can only be formed when the people accept it's ruling. As long there is no majority accepting the Quranic injunctions, there is no Deen. So we need to educate the people, until a large enough group have accepted it and start to use it as their ruling system.

Until then, we as individuals cannot do anything, and are also not meant to do anything. We cannot force them to believe. The Prophet confronted people for 13 years, educated them, before he got his own State in Medina. You need people to form an Ummah, people who accept it voluntarely. When he was in Mecca, he could only educate people through the Quran, he could not implent any Law in Mecca as the majority rejected him. There are thousands of us around the world, but all spread out. And even if we got organised, we still cannot form a country without force. So we must focus on the countries in the world. Educate them, until a majority in a country stands up and accepts it.

We are now in the first phase, just as the Prophet was in Mecca. Maybe a people stands up and accepts us. We can have our own Hijra to that country. And it will be a rolemodel for the rest of the world, where the real Islam will spread. Then we reconquer our Mecca's, not by force, but by Truth.

Until then, we must educate. Show people the Quranic Message, as the Prophet did in his years at Mecca. We will be confronted by the majority, they will reject us. Just as the people of Mecca rejected Muhammed. Then a Medina wil stand up inshAllah, and then finally the Deen will be accepted all around the world.

I ask you to teach people, be part of the people who create the majority, who create the new Medina.

Action speaks louder then words, yes, but only action that is used in the right places at the right times will have the correct effect.
Drcheema

Post by Drcheema »

We are now in the first phase, just as the Prophet was in Mecca

This is true to the core that we are living "the makkan life" at this point in time. And the practical thing to do now is to learn and educate masses. Once people have accepted the Quranic message they will force their governments to accept Quran as the constitution of the state.
Or some of them will run the elections and after they succeed they will strive for Quranic Law making in the parliaments.
This is a long term plan and may not happen in our life time. Exactly this was told to Rasool saw not to worry about people not accepting the Quran.His job was to deliver the message and struggle to implement it which he did in a way that history produces no equal of it.
This email going to the main forum is also part of the struggle we all are in and this is practical, we are devouting time to read, learn and share while others might be watching MTV or E.
I hope i make some sense here.
Regards
Taseer Cheema,MD
New York
noman waseem

Post by noman waseem »

In living in an individualistic society where the general population would all love to be kings and queens alike, I think that probably one of the hardest things for a Muslim to do is to entirely humble themselves. Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) never thought himself to be too high to distance himself from any menial task. Examples could range from him handling his own household chores to him taking his time when presenting the truth and not expecting someone else to handle the ‘small tasks’ like patiently presenting the truth in all sincerity.

I consider my self to be the best example of such a troubled Muslim. Even though I have read QXP and know that being humble is one of the greatest qualities of a Muslim, I still used to, regrettably, think more about setting up the Islamic State than any intermediary step. But this is a mentality that should definitely be rid of. I am coming to an understanding, especially after considering dear Arnold’s response to a previous post of mine, that the next great revolution won’t take place by leaders asking others to follow them, but by people simply being Muslims – real Muslims. Allah is all powerful after all.

The State of Islam doesn’t need people who are strong and resolute in action/leadership, it simply needs Muslims, since they possess these qualities and much, much more. The best thing anyone with the burning desire to establish the State of Islam can do right now is to become better Muslims and seek the bounty of Allah. This is something that I’m always trying to remind my self of :)

48:29 Muhammad is Allah’s Messenger. And those who are with him are stern towards the rejecters, but full of compassion towards one another. You see them bowing, adoring, as they seek Allah’s Bounty and Acceptance. Their signs (of belief) are on their faces, the effects of adoration. Such is their likeness in the Torah and their likeness in the Gospel. Like a seed that brings forth its shoot, and then strengthens it, so that it grows thick, and then stands firm on its own stem, delighting those who have sown it. Consequently, it fills the rejecters with rage at them. But unto those who may yet attain belief and do works that help others, Allah promises forgiveness and Immense Reward.
Noman Waseem
Shoaib Ali

Post by Shoaib Ali »

I would suggest that our Scholars at Beacon Forum should grab one mullah of near by Mosque/Islamic center and start discussing the true NO1 Islam.
Once he is convinced of the true Islam, he will be able to convey this message to his congregation at Mosques and Islamic education centers.
Hopefully, this would spread the True Islam faster then a Bullet.
Afterall, Charity begins at home.
:)
Jazak Allah
Wassalam
Shoaib Ali
Follower and learner of Quran Alone
Arnold Yasin Mol

Salaam Aleikum,

I already teach Islamic History at Mosques in my area and am now creating a large program. Next to that I'm responsible for teaching new-converts. Also I'm busy with setting up a program for youngsters to learn Islam and create their own research on it. Many young Muslims in Holland don't have any connection with the Mosque or Islam as how their parents interpretate it.

So I try to guide them step by step, and show them the Quran as a constitution is far more logical then the religious approach of their parents. The local Moroccan Imam is young and very open minded on many things. He knows we differ on many issues, but he believes I can do more for Dutch Muslims then he does. Also the Turkish Mosque asked for my help in teaching Islam.

I start slowly with issues, but people are highly affected by them already. Are more sceptic on Hadith and History, and are also looking for new ways how the Quran can serve them. In Holland, the Wahabi movement is powerfull and getting bigger everyday. But most of them respect me, and I also work together with some. When inshAllah I have finished my books, I can challenge them to bring a better System of Life. The Wahabi movement is so populair right now in the Western countries, as they provide identity to the young Muslims, and they approach things with more logic then most of their parents. When they are confronted with a better System based on the Quran, they will reform also, as this is their main goal.

We are truly in the first phase of Mecca. But you can see the cry out for reformation every where.
Adeel

Post by Adeel »

I agree with much of what has been said above and I believe that once the message has reached enough people, Allah will find us a way for the next step.

Prophet Muhammad (S) proclaimed the message of the Quran for 13 years, but achieved a very small number of followers, but his hard work paid off when a delegation from Medina accepted his word as the truth and invited him to Medina. That is the hope, that a powerful leader or influential personality in world politics understands the Quran and then with full conviction implements it.

I have pondered over this issue many times myself and looking at just the past 2 centuries, we have examples of movements (Wahabi in the Hejaz, Siimilar movement in British controlled India, Khilafat movement etc.) that have jumped into action too quickly and tried to use force to bring about change. Fear and force may cause destruction and temporary change, but it will not create a Quranic society.

However, I do believe that there are a large number of people who have either seen the truth or are questioning the Ajami Islam and searching for the truth. We are scattered all over the world and I do feel it is time for establishing an institution where this message can get a united voice. I think of a practical example from the history of British India. The Aligarh Musliim college (1876) in my eyes was the foundation stone that lifted the Muslims from their deplorable condition and led to the creation of the state of Pakistan. The goal of Pakistan was implementation of the Quran, but that did not happen. However, it was through Aligarh that a new generation of Muslims came to existence which turned the tide and stood up to challenges.

I feel we need the same thing today. The mind of children is malleable and the development of their potentialities begins very early. Instead of them being sent off to "Islamic schools", "madrassahs" etc. they should have a place where they are nurtured and guided in the light of the Quran so that its values eminate from every aspect of their life.
Yes, education through forums and books influences a lot of people, but the practical results of it are unclear. Remember, that someone believing this is the truth in their heart or at a theoretical level, does not change the world. Many of us may learn about the Quran and its significance very late in life and it becomes a great struggle to do away with all those concepts that have been forced to become part of our psyche. If we can establish a school or a university for young Muslim students we may create the stepping stone for a generation that will be brought up in the light of the Quran and which may InshAllah bring the Deen as a model for mankind.

I think that proper understanding of the Quranic Arabic, Islamic History and Islamic life should be at the forefront of this education, combining all other modern sciences and social sciences. It will not be a "secular" system of education, nor one based on blind faith and fairy tales. Rather, it should be the Quranic system of education.

The question I guess will be where should we aim to establish such an institution? I guess I will leave that up for discussion.
Adeel
abdullah

Post by abdullah »

Salam

I agree to the point Mr. Adeel raised here, and would like to add something. We need to focus youngsters. That institute should be open for everybody who wanna study and research on the subjects of Al-Quran regardless of any sects or religion.

It doesn't require any huge investment, The modern state of the art technology can be used. Like concept of Virtual School/University, that can be operated from a Single room office or even a basement is sufficient. All lectures would be delivered through online internet sessions. As a baby step short certificate courses can be started. That may be extended to degree or even PhD in Quranic Laws.

I would request to all moderators and specially Dr. Shabbir to pay attention to this idea. :roll:

Thanks
Arnold Yasin Mol

Salaam Aleikum,

We were already busy with this idea for months, as said in earlier posts, the new Forum was only the beginning. InshAllah you will see it soon.
Mahmood Qasmi

Post by Mahmood Qasmi »

This idea is being investigated and worked at already :)
Hopefully it can be realized very soon

regards

Salam

I agree to the point Mr. Adeel raised here, and would like to add something. We need to focus youngsters. That institute should be open for everybody who wanna study and research on the subjects of Al-Quran regardless of any sects or religion.

It doesn't require any huge investment, The modern state of the art technology can be used. Like concept of Virtual School/University, that can be operated from a Single room office or even a basement is sufficient. All lectures would be delivered through online internet sessions. As a baby step short certificate courses can be started. That may be extended to degree or even PhD in Quranic Laws.

I would request to all moderators and specially Dr. Shabbir to pay attention to this idea. :roll:

Thanks
Mahmood Qasmi
Toronto, Canada
Adeel

Post by Adeel »

Salaam

I am glad to hear about the future goals of the members and the interest in educating our youngsters.

The internet is obviously a great source of information, but as we all probably know...also that of misinformation. As there is the ourbeacon forum...there are many other forums and websites that deal with the issue of Quran alone and the refusal of blind following of hadith. These all do good work, but the question is that are we targetting the younger population. One just needs to visit some of the other forums to see the large followings and the N2I influence on the youngsters.

The education system and our daily lives have a great impact on shaping youngsters and the school environment where kids spend a big chunk of their day obviously has a great impact on them. I don't mean to suggest an Islamic school that focuses just on Islamic concepts (actually that will not be Islamic to begin with, because the Muttaqeen are those that study and utilize Allah's creation for the benefit of mankind).

A great deal of effort has been and is being put on by scholars like Dr. Shabbir, but the N2Is have a more structured system and the only options parents have are ISlamic schools which largely teach N2I. As some of our members may feel, it becomes awefully tough to get rid of all the Ajami influence from the masses and if they have a Quranic based education from the beginning it will make their life easier. It will show them practicality of Deen so that when these kids go out into the real world they will go with the permanent values embedded in them.

The basis of Quranic understanding and its system of life have been greatly elaborate on by many scholars for more than a century now. A school or an institution that is found on those principles may go a long way in establishing the Deen of Islam.
Adeel
Brian aka Reverted1

Post by Brian aka Reverted1 »

Greetings fellow Believers in Allah, His Book, and His Divine System!

I give all thanks and praise to Allah for the QXP project presenting “the true glorious picture of Islam”. I am an American who was raised in the U.S.
under the banner of Christianity. Reading the Qur’an, and the Qur’an alone, brought me to Islam. His Beacon of Light was able to shine on me even through interpretations of the Qur’an that were clouded with sectarian influence. However, my own ignorant blind following of misguided Muslim tradition led me to briefly abandon Islam altogether. Now the Qur’an, and the Qur’an alone, has brought me back. I am so thankful to Allah that I have been exposed to QXP. I can now differentiate Allah’s Word from man’s word. May Allah reward all involved with QXP in this life as well as in the next.

WE now clearly hear Allah, but hearing is not enough. Allah commands US to also obey Him. Allah says obedience requires taking action.

2:285 The Messenger has full Conviction in what is revealed unto him from his Lord and so do the believers. Each one has full conviction in Allah, His angels, His Scriptures and His messengers. They say, “We make no distinction between any of His messengers” (since they were one in Purpose). And they say, “We hear and we obey, so grant us the protection of forgiveness, our Lord. We journey through life on Your Way.”

9:71 And the believers, both men and women, are colleagues one of another. They enjoin the doing of Right and forbid the doing of Wrong (The distinction between right and wrong will never be arbitrary. The Qur’an is the eternal Criterion of what is right and what is wrong 2:185). Together, they help establish the Divine System, and set up the Just Economic Order of Zakat (9:60). This is how they obey Allah and His Messenger. These are the men and women on whom Allah will shower His Mercy. Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Until then, we as individuals cannot do anything, and are also not meant to do anything. We cannot force them to believe. The Prophet confronted people for 13 years, educated them, before he got his own State in Medina. You need people to form an Ummah, people who accept it voluntarely. When he was in Mecca, he could only educate people through the Quran, he could not implent any Law in Mecca as the majority rejected him. There are thousands of us around the world, but all spread out. And even if we got organised, we still cannot form a country without force. So we must focus on the countries in the world. Educate them, until a majority in a country stands up and accepts it.

4:95 Those believers who sit back, except for a disability, are not equal in ranks to those who strive with their wealth and person in the Cause of Allah. Allah has granted a grade higher to those who strive with their wealth and person than that granted those who remain passive. Although Allah has promised the ultimate good to all believers, yet Allah has exalted with immense reward those who strive, above the ones who sit back at home.

With all due respect, maybe we're thinking too big. WE have to crawl before WE can walk. We already have an online Ummah of people who voluntarily accept the true DEEN. We need to figure out how we can all come together and form a small Ummah where we can set up The Divine System on a small scale. I'm guessing The Exalted Prophet did the same between his expulsion from Mecca and migration to Medina.

It won't be easy and it will take a great deal of sacrife, but...

10:62 Remember that people who strive to establish the Divine System, become the friends of Allah. They will have nothing to fear, nor shall they grieve.

Humbly,

Brian
4:100 "Anyone who emigrates in the Cause of Allah, will find that Allah has placed refuge and abundance in the earth..."
abshoeb

Post by abshoeb »

Assalamalikum wa Rahmathullahi wa Thaala wa Barkathuhu Respected Brother Brian..

6:82 Those who attain belief and cloak not their belief with wrong doctrines, for them is inner peace and security. They are rightly guided.

Brother Brian your are among those who have inner peace and security.
as long as you follow Quran. Alhamdulillah.

Fee Amanillah
Ali Bin Ali Alhabi (Al Madina)
Brian aka Reverted1

4:97 As for those who wrong their own “Self” by not striving until the angels (the Universal Laws of death) approach them, they are asked, “What kept you occupied?” They say, “We were weak and oppressed in the land.” The angels say, “Was not the earth of Allah spacious enough for you to migrate?” As for such, their habitation will be Hell, a miserable destination.

As 4:97 shows, Allah will not accept our being weak in numbers and being powerless in established societies as excuses for not striving to establish His Divine System. These are conditions we must strive to overcome starting TODAY.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Ummah (in the Deen sense) does not mean “country”, but instead means a community of Muslims, be it large or small, which correctly hears and actively obeys Allah. Hearing Allah and obeying Allah means, striving to Establish His Divine System (9:71). Allah tells us that Noah despite having a small Ummah (11:40), heard and obeyed Allah’s command to strive toward implementing the Divine System. Noah and his Ummah were successful (11:48 ). Likewise, the Dwellers of the Cave numbered less than ten, including their dog (18:22). Yet, they emigrated and strove for Allah’s Cause.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18:28 (There is a lesson of perseverance for you in the history of the Dwellers of the Cave). Hold fast to the company of those who remember their Lord morning and evening seeking His Approval (6:52, 8:52-54, 89:29:30). And let not your eyes overlook them in quest for the beauties of this world. And pay no heed to any whom Our Law has made to forget Us because he only follows his desires, and abandons all that is right (29:30).

We cannot wait for N2I Muslims to come to the correct understanding of Allah’s Deen. They cannot even agree amongst themselves where N2I is concerned. N2I sectarian disputes are analogous to the Quran’s description of the Jews and Christians.

2:113 Besides, the Jews assert that the Christians have no basis, and the Christians assert that the Jews have no basis. Yet both groups quote the Scripture! Such is exactly the behavior of those who have no Knowledge (or Scripture.) Allah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection, about that wherein they differ.

Allah will deal with them. We must move on without them.

As I mentioned in a previous thread on this topic, WE have to crawl before WE can walk. We have to start off small. One viable option is to establish an Intentional community/commune. For those unfamiliar with this concept:

An "intentional community" is a group of people who have chosen to live together with a common purpose, working cooperatively to create a lifestyle that reflects their shared core values. The people may live together on a piece of rural land, in a suburban home, or in an urban neighborhood, and they may share a single residence or live in a cluster of dwellings.
This definition spans a wide variety of groups, including (but not limited to) communes, student cooperatives, land co-ops, cohousing groups, monasteries and ashrams, and farming collectives. Although quite diverse in philosophy and lifestyle, each of these groups places a high priority on fostering a sense of community--a feeling of belonging and mutual support that is increasingly hard to find in mainstream Western society.
Intentional communities are like people--you can categorize them based on certain distinguishing characteristics, but no two are ever identical. Differences among them, whether obvious or subtle, can be attributed to variations in philosophy, in mission or project emphasis, in behavioral norms, or in the personality and style of the leaders (if the group has identified leaders), and the individual members. Each group is somehow unique.

*More information on Intentional communities/communes can be found at:

(* The views presented on these sites [political, social, Deen, etc.] do not represent my personal views or the views of this forum or its members. View with this in mind and do so at your own discretion.)

http://www.ic.org/pnp/cdir/1995/01kozeny.php
http://www.thefarm.org/lifestyle/cmnl.html
http://www.hippy.com/article-110.html
http://www.everyculture.com/Russia-Eurasia-China/Kubachins-Sociopolitical-Organization.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3:186 You will certainly go through changes of fortune in your wealth and persons. And you will hear much that is hurtful from those who were given the Scripture before you, and from the idolaters and those who wish to impose manmade systems. But if you remain steadfast and continue to walk aright, this, behold, will be a matter that will strengthen your resolve. (2:155)

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2:155 (Adversity is a great barometer of the strength of personality.) Certainly, We will pass you through such tribulations as fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and person, and of the fruit of your labor, so that you may test your mettle. Nevertheless, give glad tidings to those who remain unwavering in their resolve.

2:156 When a calamity befalls them, they do not waver. Rather, they say in word and attitude, "We are for Allah, dedicated to His Cause and, verily, every step of ours will advance in the Direction shown by Him." (9:59)

2:157 For them is their Lord’s support and Grace. And it is they, they who have been guided to the most desirable destination. (33:43, 33:56)

I suggest we begin by devising a method to securely collect the names and skills/occupations of all who are willing to endure the adversities of changes in wealth, ridicule, scorn, fear, and hunger, but who will not waver, knowing the reward is Allah’s support and Grace. This information will assist in future planning.

He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches.
--G.B. Shaw

In his article “The Number Two Islam” Dr. Shabbir says, “When I state that Islam is the only hope of mankind I am in good company with such greats as George Bernard Shaw, Johann Goethe, Thomas Carlyle, Alphonse Lamartine, Rev. Bosworth Smith and the like.”
4:100 "Anyone who emigrates in the Cause of Allah, will find that Allah has placed refuge and abundance in the earth..."
noman waseem

Post by noman waseem »

Salam Aleikum Brian,

Reading your post ignited a discussion with my father about various issues. The biggest problem with forming any type of physical community, in my opinion, is that it is largely pointless since we don't any longer live in an era where a small community can remain self-sufficient (and thus it can’t block the effects of living with a non-Muslim majority, effects that become apparent in our daily lives anyway). More generally, any idea about uniting should first take into account the effects of globalization.

So, in the context of globalization, we may want to rethink exactly what we mean by unity. A need for physical unity might just be an obsolete point of view. Of course, humans will eventually be physically united (an obvious result of humanity embracing Islam). But with respect to the relatively small numbers of “real” Muslims out there, I think that any plan regarding physical unity that fails to account for globalization is not viable.

Also, in my opinion, physically uniting in one community is really counter productive. Prophet Mohammed and his followers did not choose to leave, but rather they were forced to leave Makkah. Since one of the jobs of a Muslim is to show by example the effects of Islam, physically uniting would actually limit the level of exposure the average person has to Islam. Not only that, but it would only make it easier to get stereotyped and misunderstood.

Having said all that, I presume that your intention is more general than anything specific like forming a community. My father agreed with me that while there maybe a lot of unpractical ideas and naïve thinking out there with regards to “doing something” (in concession to his point; not in reference to anyone in particular), what is important is the principle; the fact that we should strive to do something. Of course it is our job to make sure that that something is practical and finds support in the Quran.

Another thing to always keep in mind is the need to remain humble, and try to distance oneself from the “we against them” thinking. A Muslim is an employee of Allah, and Allah nourishes all His creations at any given moment, so such a Muslim must strive to nourish those around them in a similarly unbiased manner.

It’s late and I hope this post doesn’t make you think “what’s your point”? Well at least I can tie it in with this verse:

8:63 Allah has brought together the hearts of the believers. If you (O Messenger) had spent all that is in the earth, you could not have produced that affection, but Allah has done it. (The Divine Ideology has attuned the believers). Surely, He is Almighty, Wise.

I hope this isn’t too bold of a derivation: all efforts of Muslims established on Quranic Ideology act as a medium through which the power of Allah is made plain to all of humanity.

Thank you for your time
Noman Waseem
Arnold Yasin Mol

As always, Noman has defined it well mashAllah.
Brian aka Reverted1

Greetings to Brother Noman and to all fellow Believers in Allah, His Book, and His Divine System!

No need to worry. Your point was brilliantly articulated. I would like to respectfully respond to some of the points you presented.

“A need for physical unity might just be an obsolete point of view...”

Certainly, Allah’s Word is neither “obsolete” nor “not viable”. Ayah 4:97 is clearly speaking of physical migration of Believers for the purposes of establishing The Divine System. The Qur’an provides us with example after example of how The Prophets, when deprived of the right to establish The Divine System, migrated with their communities of believers to do so.

...any plan regarding physical unity that fails to account for globalization is not viable.”

16:73 And they serve systems other than what Allah ordains. The man-made systems are powerless in that they can neither provide equitably, nor are they the custodians of the heavenly treasures. (15:21).

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

28:87 And let them not divert you from Allah's Revelations after they have been sent down unto you. But, invite people to your Lord and be not of the company of those who uphold systems other than the Divinely ordained System of Life.

28:88 (Keeping pristine the Divinely ordained System of Life) call not upon human ‘authorities’ and man-made systems as gods side by side with Allah. There is no god but He. Everything is mortal except His Eternal Self. To Him belong all Governance and all Judgment, and unto Him you shall be returned.

Man-made systems such as the globalization of commerce cannot frustrate Allah’s Plan. The “Intentional Community” concept I have presented is an alternative to and the antithesis of economies based on globalization. It is also conducive to the establishment of The Divine System. Of course it takes time for such communities to become entirely self sufficient. But, with careful research, forethought and planning such communities become increasingly self reliant. Again, WE have to crawl before WE can walk. It is unrealistic to think such a community would be immediately become a thriving nation, city, town, or even neighborhood for that matter. Its success will be influenced and determined by adherence to Qur’an and the research, planning, effort and dedication put into it.

My father agreed with me that while there maybe a lot of unpractical ideas and naïve thinking out there with regards to “doing something” (in concession to his point; not in reference to anyone in particular), what is important is the principle; the fact that we should strive to do something. Of course it is our job to make sure that that something is practical and finds support in the Quran.

I am in no way suggesting blindly jumping into such an endeavor. There therefore needs to be considerable research done before arbitrarily deeming it as practical or impractical. If it is found to be practical then there has to be a well conceived plan for its implementation. I agree with your father that it would be unpractical and naïve to “do something” that is neither practical nor supported by the Qur’an.

It appears to me that the migration of Believers for the purpose of establishing The Divine Systems is supported by the Qur’an. For example:

4:66 And if We had decreed for them, “Lay down your lives,” or “Forsake your homelands,” a few of them would do it. Although, if they did as was admonished, it would be for their own good, and a cause for strengthening themselves.

4:97 As for those who wrong their own “Self” by not striving until the angels (the Universal Laws of death) approach them, they are asked, “What kept you occupied?” They say, “We were weak and oppressed in the land.” The angels say, “ Was not the earth of Allah spacious enough for you to migrate?” As for such, their habitation will be Hell, a miserable destination.

4:100 Anyone who emigrates in the Cause of Allah, will find that Allah has placed refuge and abundance in the earth. Whoever forsakes his home, as 'An immigrant to Allah and His Messenger', and death overtakes him, his reward is then incumbent upon Allah. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.

8:72 Those who believed, emigrated, and strove with their possessions and lives in the Cause of Allah, as well as those who hosted them and supported them (in Madinah), are close protecting friends of one another. For those who believed but stayed back (in Makkah), you don't owe them support until they migrate. However, if they seek your help as sisters and brothers in DEEN (Divine Ideology), then it is your duty to help them except against a folk with whom you have a treaty. Allah is fully Aware of all your actions.

11:41 Noah put his trust in Allah and told his people to embark, "Come on board, in the name of Allah will be its course and its resting. My Lord is the Provider of shelter, Merciful."

11:48 He was told, “O Noah! Disembark and descend from the hills in Peace from Us, and there are the blessings of decent sustenance for you and your companions (in spite of the recent flood 11:41). And other nations, all of them will be awarded according to their deeds. Those who care only for the ornament of this life will be provided for in the world, but eventually suffer from Our Law of Requital." (11:15-16).

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

16:41 Those who emigrate in the Cause of Allah because they were oppressed, We shall give them good lodging in the world, and surely the reward of the Hereafter is greater, if they knew.

16:42 They have been steadfast, and have put their trust in their Sustainer.

29:25 And Abraham said, "You have chosen idols (and their priests) instead of Allah, out of regard for your social bonds, good enough only in this worldly life. But then, on the Resurrection Day you shall reject one another and curse one another. And the Fire will be your destination, and there shall be no helpers for you.

29:26 And Lot believed in him all along. Abraham said, “I will quit this domain of evil and migrate in the Cause of my Lord, for He is Almighty, the Wise." (37:99). (From the Kingdom of Nimrod Shaddad, Abraham emigrated to Syria-Canaan. Lot who was Abraham’s nephew, was later commissioned as a Prophet and sent to Sodom and Gomorrah by the Dead Sea).

“Prophet Mohammed and his followers did not choose to leave, but rather they were forced to leave Makkah.”

9:71 “...Together, they help establish the Divine System, and set up the Just Economic Order of Zakat (9:60). This is how they obey Allah and His Messenger.”

I do not see where spreading the true glorious picture of Islam online or through scattered hands-on teaching has bore fruits even vaguely resembling the beginnings of The Divine System’s implementation. True, Prophet Muhammad and his early small community were forced into migration, as were The Prophets and communities that preceded them. Their attempts to implement the Divine System were met with threats against their persons, wealth, and families. The Prophets and their communities therefore migrated to less hostile environments.

How is that different from today? Sadly, some of the N2I nations are our greatest threats. I have read/heard about numerous Muslims who express fear of violence, exile, and ridicule if they were to publicly teach that the Qur’an is the sole authentic and divine source of Islam. Some even fear being banished from their families for doing so. If the true Divine System cannot be publicly taught then it certainly cannot be established. The alternative and Qur’anic instruction is the migration of the Believers to less hostile environs.

Since one of the jobs of a Muslim is to show by example the effects of Islam, physically uniting would actually limit the level of exposure the average person has to Islam.

What would be more powerful than a successful example of The Divine System in full effect?

Not only that, but it would only make it easier to get stereotyped and misunderstood.

As it currently stands, a significant portion of the world's population stereotypes Muslims (including us) as terrorists and Allah, the Qur’an, and The Prophet Muhammad are misunderstood as being the driving force behind “Islamic Terrorism”. We can take one of two actions. One, continue on our current path and have our voice drowned out by more numerous, vocal and visible extremists. Two, we can physically and ideologically distance ourselves from “Islamic extremism” and the pseudo Islam of the N2I Muslims. Taking the first action will result in our continuing to be lumped into the category of terrorists who follow a violent religion. Taking the second action will result in educating the world, Muslim and non-Muslim alike, about the kind of individual and society Allah, the Qur’an, and The Prophet Muhammad intend to fashion.

Humbly,

Brian
noman waseem

Post by noman waseem »

Salam Aleikum Brian,

To be clear, it was late and I didn't expand on the counter argument. I had played devil's advocate, but I suppose it may have been too subtle to pick up. Firstly, please recognize that I would never deem the words of Allah to be obsolete. I was speaking, essentially throughout the post, in context to the different eras. There are aspects of the Quran that provide framework for the Islamic Ideology; it is these aspects that are rock solid and unchanging principles (even more so since even rocks give way to the elements).

But as you must surely realize, this framework isn't constraining, but rather all encompassing. There is room for movement within this framework. Allah has said that he does not desire for Islam to be a burden onto us humans. In other words, there is room for change with the times, so long as such change does not contradict Quranic teachings. So by obsolete, I merely meant that as an initial step forward, physical unity need not be deemed a necessary first step due to the advances in communication. Nor are we as a group being persecuted that we would need each other's protection. So far as the mind is concerned, Allah has provided us the Quran for that:

2:2 This Book is the Guidance you asked for! There is absolutely no doubt concerning its authority and authenticity. This Divine Writ, Al-Qur’an, is a Monograph that finds its own way from your mind to your heart. And you will soon notice, as you proceed, that this Scripture leaves no lingering doubts in a sincere, seeking heart or mind. If you remember that this is a Book of Guidance, and hence, consult with it as such, the glittering reality will dawn upon you that this is a Beacon of Light! It is a Guide for all those who wish to journey through life in true honor and security.

With regards to some other parts of your post, I had already said (in different terms) that I do not assume ignorance or naievete on your part, but rather recognize your intention of moving forward.

I do not see where spreading the true glorious picture of Islam online or through scattered hands-on teaching has bore fruits even vaguely resembling the beginnings of The Divine System’s implementation.

Please consider:

2:3 Those who wish to journey through life in honor and security recognize and believe in the Law of Cause and Effect, though the stages of action and reaction might be hidden from their senses. Those who understand this simple Universal Law look for ways to establish the Divine System - a noble society in which Permanent Moral Values rule the hearts and minds of men and women. There are neither masters nor subjects in such a system, since therein prevails the Rule of Law.

and further more, consider again my previous point:

I hope this isn’t too bold of a derivation: all efforts of Muslims established on Quranic Ideology act as a medium through which the power of Allah is made plain to all of humanity.

In the end, Muslims must recognize that it is not they, but rather Allah who shall establish the State of Islam. This is the ultimate reality, that all good comes from Allah and all evil comes from one's Self. Of course I expect that you will not confuse this with fatalist thinking and can make a clear distinction between the two.

Having said this, please do not mistake my seemingly restraint outlook as a lack of intensity on my part. I am still relatively young and feel it is in my interest to take that intensity and direct it within my self before I attempt to direct it outside my self. I make no assumptions about your state of mind, and respect the points that you made.

I was having essentially the same argument with my father. His understanding is that the examples set by Prophet Mohammed and his companions are wholly unapplicable today due to the much greater level of complexity now. I basically said that if this was the case, than how can Allah deem Prophet Mohammed to be an example for the ideal Muslim. I basically pointed out that this type of thinking is essentially crippling the Quranic teachings because it implies that the world they lived in was effectively "simple" compared to today.

This, however, is not what I am arguing. I agree that the world in which they lived is no less complex, with respect to the gravity of the task (lest their example be useless for us), but at the same time, their specific actions need not be replicated point by point. Allah does not forbid us to take advantage of the avaiable advances in technology.

Thank you for your time
Noman Waseem
Brian aka Reverted1

Greetings to Brother Noman and to all fellow Believers in Allah, His Book, and His Divine System!

Brother Noman, once again, you've done a brilliant job of articulating your position. I think it’s clear that we will have to agree to disagree on certain points; however I do think we have reached common ground on others. It appears that we both agree that WE need to expand our efforts in exposing the true glorious picture of Islam to the world, Muslim and non-Muslim alike.

Your use of Ayah 2:3 was right on point.

2:3 "Those who wish to journey through life in honor and security recognize and believe in the Law of Cause and Effect, though the stages of action and reaction might be hidden from their sense..."

While I still believe physical unification through migration as described in numerous ayat is still applicable in today's world, I concede that such action may not be the next logical stage of reaction. I do, however, believe WE do need to begin looking for ways to increase OUR efforts of establishing the Divine System.

2:3 "...Those who understand this simple Universal Law look for ways to establish the Divine System..."

I also believe WE need to prepare ourselves for the possibility that continued and increased efforts may lead to increased resistance. This resistance may eventually escalate to the point of threats or actual violence against OUR persons, wealth and/or families. The Qur’an provides numerous examples of The Prophets facing vehement opposition to their establishment of the Divine System. So, while it may not yet be time for physical unity and migration, it would be wise to begin researching, planning and preparing for such.

4:71 O You who have chosen to be graced with belief! Be fully prepared against danger. You shall remain alert to meet aggression. Take your precautions then mobilize in groups or all together as determined by your commander.

I do apologize that if in the broadcasting of my zeal for the establishment of the Divine System I made anyone feel their efforts are unnoticed, unappreciated, or ineffective.

Humbly,

Brian
noman waseem

Post by noman waseem »

Salam Aleikum Brian,

There is no need to agree to disagree. My "position" is not set in stone; my posts are nothing more than food for thought and should be read as such. I have no problem with preparation for anything that supports Islam. Certainly Allah Himself has advised that we will necessarily face opposition, and certainly one must prepare for such opposition.

But the question is, are we really at that stage that we should worry about such opposition? I don't have the answer to this question. My previous posts of course are established on the possiblity that we are not at that stage, and rather than prematurely focusing our strengths in preparation for opposition, we should focus our efforts in a direction that takes advantage of the fact that we aren't facing opposition; efforts such as simply being better Muslims where we are all currently situated.

Again, there is no need to disagree with my reasoning since I am too young to have a position set in stone. I enjoyed this discussion and maybe some of the other esteemed forum members have something to add.

Thank you for your time
Noman Waseem