Any practical work being done???

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
UmeAimon

Post by UmeAimon »

Asalam Elikom all,

I usually visit this forum to read but couldn't resist write on this subject.
I can understand brother Brain’s view..
And I can understand the urge for ever since I have understood the truth behind Aqeem us Salat, I have become restless too. I know like many people here it won’t be completely possible unless we have full fledged Islamic rule.
It is true we need to unite in someway… because this religion is not as new as it was in the days the prophet was preaching.
Plus at that time the revelation was not even complete. A state or place to unite is an absolute necessity because without it the other forces will keep dominating and people will have less chance to see how ALLAH’S rule bring changes in lives of ordinary human beings.
But agreeing with brother noman, before we set off to some distant land in order to establish true divine system, we have to see whether we have conveyed this message to as many people as we can. Have we strived enough to take as much support as we can. Once we have this Allah’s system will make its way by itself inshahAllah. Someone said on this forum we are just starting off..The main thing now is to stay put.
Still need for a practically implemented system is a must and I agree will attract more people towards this true Deen.
Also striving for deen of Allah is an ongoing process even when the true Islamic state or rule is there. In these conditions when not many people are in on place to start another system this is how we are doing our only part of Salat… Just conveying the truth !!

thank you and jazakAllah for all your efforts

a sister
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Aleikum Salaam dear sister,

Very well put. I believe it is more important now to lay down a solid base of knowledge before we can move on. We can see the reform movement everywhere now on in the Muslim world and the West.

We can see it with Dr.Shahroor in Syria, Mohammed Charfi in Tunesia. Everywhere, people are standing up and are demanding a return to the Quran. To a rational and ever renewing Ummah. Many books are written at this moment on how the sharia was created under the supervision of the kings and priest. People are revolting to the clergy everywhere. More personal interpretations are made, not always for the best, but more people are taken away the power that layed in the clergy their hands.

The extremist thinking of Salafi and Wahabi movement has created a counter movement now. When I go to my normal Dutch bookshop, I see more books on Islam written by Muslims then Westerners, and all of these have written their books in response to the fundementalist movements. The demand for equal rights for women has spurred many Muslim women into researching Muslim history and demanding a renewal in Islamic thinking.

And the good part of the movement is, that many are starting to doubt the Hadith as being authentic. More and more are starting to rely on the Quran alone for their ideas. Although their understanding is very limited in many ways, still this is a good progress.

In my country, many young Muslims are sick of the sects in Islam. When I said 4 years ago that I didn't belong to any sect, people didn't understand. But now, many are saying the same.

So even if people would create a Quranic State, then still I would only visit it for now, and not leave Holland. I have to finish something here before I can go. I want first to make sure that our message has been explained and spread in the best way and the widest way, so that I'm sure it has reached every mosque.

So much needs still to be done.
Naushad

Post by Naushad »

Salaam alaykum everyone,

I started this thread/question few months back and I want to thank everyone who replied so far. I have learned so much from everyone on this forum and still trying to learn about our deen as much as I can.

One thing I have been thinking for past few days is that surely there are other similar Quran only groups around the world like ourbeacon usergroup. Can we not start an effort to try to communicate with other like minded groups and try to form a larger community this way (even may be just online for now)? I look at the total number of visitors to ourbeacon website and unfortunately the numbers are very small. I am not trying to be negative by saying that the total number of online visitors to ourbeacon.com are very low but rather my point is that we are still fairly isolated even from other Quran only groups or websites around the world.

Brother Arnold mentioned names of two people in his previous post (i.e. Dr.Shahroor in Syria and Mohammed Charfi in Tunesia) who are trying to spread the non-fabricated Islam based on Quran only. I never heard of these people before but I am very happy to know that such people do exist in other parts of the world.

I would like to make a humble request to ourbeacon committee. Would it be possible for ourbeacon committee to try and establish some sort of collaboration with other Quran only thinkers and websites around the world? This will definitely be a positive (and much needed) step towards forming a bigger and more united presence of a muslim community who are trying to bring back the true Islam that is solely based on Al-Quran.

Thank you,

Naushad.
Arnold Yasin Mol

Salaam Naushad,

The visits to the forum are low, but the visits, downloads and orders of the books are in the thousands weekly.

And we already have contact with many groups, my articles are published on 2 of the biggest 'Return to the Quran' sites, Freeminds and 19.org. Also many important reformist writers have joined us and will be writing for the new website. I keep close contact with many people of several groups who are similair in the cause. So we were already way ahead of you.

When the stage is silence, you can be sure we are making many noises in the backstage, working hard....
Naushad

Post by Naushad »

Dear brother Arnold,

Thank you for letting me know ourbeacon's progress in the specific area I mentioned in my previous post. I am really happy to hear what you mentioned on the subject and how much we are already collaborating with similar like minded groups.

Best regards,

Naushad.
Arnold Yasin Mol

Me and Taseer Cheema had this idea from the beginning, and I walked around it for a while before I met him a year ago.

We started up our MahjoorQuran program where we wanted to unite all important writings and writers to start a research centre where we can educate people through programs, books, lectures and so on.

One of the most important points at this moment is that we unite all the people who approach Islam as a Divine System.

And there are many. The new site will be the beginning of this major step inshAllah.
Damon

Post by Damon »

As Salaam 'Alaiykum Brothers and Sisters,

With all due respect to all the views put forth in this thread, I have to say that I am in 100% agreement with Brother Brian aka Reverted1.

To the best of my understanding of The Holy Qur'an, we as Muslims have to share the message and The Qur'anic wisdom with people, but is Allah and ALLAH ALONE who can guide them. Those who are guided by Allah should agree to migrate in order to form a
Compact Ummah.

This is my humble two cents.

Salaams,
Damon.
Mahmood Qasmi

Post by Mahmood Qasmi »

Perhaps this is my misunderstanding, but the concept of migration only ends up creating segregation and will hinder the propagation of the Divine Message. Migration was one of the alternatives to escape persecution... Please correct me if I am in error.
Mahmood Qasmi
Toronto, Canada
Damon

Post by Damon »

Perhaps this is my misunderstanding, but the concept of migration only ends up creating segregation and will hinder the propagation of the Divine Message. Migration was one of the alternatives to escape persecution... Please correct me if I am in error.

Perhaps I may be the one who is misunderstanding. But to the best of my very limited knowledge, the migration and the subsequent establishment of a compact ummah is PRIMARILY for the sake of being able to observe, implement, practice, and live by the quidance of GOD's Book (The Holy Qur'an).

You make a really good point in mentioning the segregation issue. However, it is my belief that this is not only inescapable but may very well be meant that way. All through out The Quran, Allah makes plenty of differentiations between Believers and Non-Believers, the honest and the dishonest, the moral and the IMmoral as well as AMmoral. He also gives us plenty of guidance of how to deal with them in our day to day living. Dealing with them on a day to day basis and inviting them to The Quran and its message does not necessarily mean that we cannot have a community of our own. There are religious groups who do this as we speak. The Mormons are the first people who come to my mind.

Also, here in Pennsylvania there is a very large Amish presence. Except they keep exclusively to themselves. This is NOT what I am advocating.

Also keep in mind that in the majority of the Big Cities, there are many areas, neighborhoods and communities that are all Irish, Italian, Hispanic, Jewish. And most of these cities also have a Chinatown. These people in their respective communities share a COMMON IDENTITY and culture which compel and allow them to form communities of their own. You will find that these people have businesses and have regular jobs, ride the Public transportation systems, go the movies and restaurants, etc. At the end of the day, they go to a place that they know is a place of their own. I really, REALLY want that for us.

Salaam 'Alaiykum,
Damon.
noman waseem

Post by noman waseem »

Salam Aleikum Damon,

You may or may not already recognize this, but the issue at hand is not whether or not Brian's understanding is correct or incorrect, but rather, the issue here is recognizing the context of the situation. We are living in a different era. No one here could rightfully stand in absolute opposition to physical unity; the question isn't whether or not physical unity is right or wrong, but rather if we are even at a stage where such a question is of any consequence. I do not disagree with Brian's reasoning, but only suggest, as other's have suggested if you read some of the earlier posts in this thread, that such actions are perhaps premature.

Thank you for your time
Noman Waseem
Riaz Ahmed

Post by Riaz Ahmed »

Salaams,

As per below ......

Naushad

But are there any PRACTICAL efforts being performed to implement the system of Quranic laws anywhere by anyone?

Me and Brother Amjad in England have put a project together that will tackle certain issues within the community, hence implementing fundamental Quranic laws. Its a long Road , but to see the wheels set in motion within my life time will bring me great pleasure :)

Please see following link and download the core backbone to our project from ....

http://clearblogs.com/albalaagh/

Please contact me on this Blog website, if you can give help and advise. I can explain the strategies.

Wasalaams

Riaz