Petra Myth by Christian Polemists

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
Quran Islam Tawheed

Petra Myth by Christian Polemists

Post by Quran Islam Tawheed »

Assalaamu Aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I have seen that many Muslims who don't know the history of Makkah have come to various conclusions that the Prophet Muhammad did not like in Makkah in the region of the Hijaz but have preferred other far-fetched locations such as Jerusalem and Petra or at least somewhere around the region of Northern Arabia or Levant, regions where Aramaic and Syriac were the prominent languages spoken among natives of that broad region, on the basis of what Dan Gibson and many other Christian revisionists have said based on a biased Syriac Christian narrative that the Prophet Muhammed allegedly plagiarized from many of the Christian Scriptures written in Syriac and made changes in them stories to passively rebuke them despite plagiarizing the stories and editing them to suit his own personal beliefs, I also once believed the Prophet came from Northern Arabia and Levant, until I studied more.

However there is no evidence for any of these historical claims and errors propagated by Christian polemics Dan Gibson, Jay Smith, Mel and Thomas Alexander; Patricia Crone and Michael Cook who first propagated this idea that the Prophet Muhammad came Petra in their book "Hagarism", gave a disclaimer years later that it was just a theory and that they were "young" when making this claim, this theory has also been refuted by Western Academic David King who dismisses it as a lie of orientalist revisionists and evidentially refutes it, which is why Patricia Crone and Michael Cook disclaimed the theory later.

Yet Christian Polemics still resort to their Pseudo-Historical claims and also claim that Makkah was not on any maps before the 9th Century, however, they don't know that, regardless of the name, the geographical records Ptolemy place Macorabah in the West of Arabian Peninsula, identified as the Hijaz, and Lathrippa north of Macoraba, which is where the Islamic Makkah and Yathrib are also said to have existed since Pre-Islamic days till now. There is a consensus in Orientalist scholarship that Macoraba is Mecca, a map of Ptolemy's Geographia which was made by Cartographers was published 1578 which places Macoraba in approximately the same area as Makkah is located, in the West of Arabian Peninsula i.e. Hijaz, surround by mountain ranges just as described in the Muslim traditions, placing Yathrib north of it, based on Ptolemy's Geographia, Yathrib is the ancient name of the modern-day city of Medinah.

https://quranislamtawheed.blogspot.com/ ... akkah.html