6 months fasting to 1 month-thanks heavenly trip advisor!

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
abdalazizariff

Post by abdalazizariff »

“Muḥammad, there has been imposed upon you and your community the fasting of six months each year.” I remembered the sound advice of my brother Moses, so I petitioned, “My Lord, my community is weak, so reduce [this burden] for them. They are your servants, and you are merciful to those who believe in you.” [ . . . ]41 God said, “Muḥammad, imposed upon you and your community are five ritual prayers each day and night, and the fasting of one month every year, the month of Ramaḍān. Are you content, Muḥammad?” I said, “Yes, my Lord and master, I am content, and beyond content.” [ . . . ]42

[REF:page 231]

narrating muḥammad's night journey
https://pdfcoffee.com

[copy and paste, no problem to download]

[below are from non-muslim links but the analysis are far better than the majority of muslim links]

"Firstly, I wanted to discuss what I believe to be the motive behind Sura 17 of the Qur’an that briefly mentions the Night Journey. As noted in my previous article, the oldest Qur’anic text we currently have – Sana’a manuscript – dates back to the rule of fifth Uyammad Caliph, Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan. I have come to the conclusion that Abd al-Malik was an exceptionally gifted ruler and political genius. The foundations of the Islam we know in the 21st Century, can be traced back to him. The legends around the Prophet Muhammad, can be dated back to him. The bringing together of tradition, state power, dynasty legacy, and religion, can be dated back to him. He knew how to secure an empire. He was a master of PR. Muhammad’s name was used to strengthen Abd al-Malik’s position as Caliph. One of his most impressive shows of power and wealth, can be seen with the Dome of the Rock and the ‘expansion’ of Al-Aqsa Mosque. The importance of this project cannot be underestimated. It’s placement – in the centre of Jewish Jerusalem, and towering above the Church of the Sepulcher – was a show of power. In a single architectural blow, al-Malik had overpowered thousands of years of Jewish and Christian history, in their most Holy of places, and designated himself and his dynasty as its successor. The winged horse, the flight, is irrelevant. The point was the importance of Jerusalem.

To link the Prophet – who never stepped foot in Jerusalem – to Jerusalem, al-Malik needed to be creative, and to send out a powerful message that this city now belonged to the new empire, and the new dynasty. The first step, was to create the most impressive architectural marvel; the Dome. Now, he needed to link this to the new religion that would be the centrepiece of the new empire (religion and empire were intrinsically linked, this wasn’t lost on al-Malik). But there was no obvious link at first. Afterall, the Qur’an names the spot that the Prophet flew to as “the furthest place of worship“, not Jerusalem. There is no reason to suspect the Qur’an meant Jerusalem. Al-Aqsa mosque was not built during Muhammad’s life time. There was no mosque in Jerusalem at this time. The myth must have developed later (though some Muslim writers have found elaborately creative ways to get around this glaring mistake). And so, It will not come as a surprise to you, that the Mosque in Jerusalem, was built by the Uyammad’s, just as a narrative was developing. And so we see attempts from that era, to link the Ka’bah in Mecca, to Jerusalem. To do so, creates a city of Islam out of the city of Jerusalem."

Dawkins, Hasan, and the Tale of the Night Journey. - ..https://futiledemocracy.wordpress.com › 2013/08/10
/dawkins-hasan-and-the-tale-of-the-night-journey/"

QUESTIONS FOR MUSLIMS

Does not Allah know that there are only 24 hours in a day?
Does not Allah know that his worshippers need to work, eat, sleep and care for their families?
Why did not Allah know that even going by the bare minimum, Muslims will not be able cope with his absurd demand to pray fifty times a day
Did not Allah know that it would be impossible for Muslims to accomplish this unreasonable command to stop every 28.8 minutes for prayer?
Can Allah really then be the all knowing God as you claim?
Since a Muslim will have to stop working twice each hour to pray, would any employer, in his right mind, employ a Muslim?
Why did not Allah tell Muhammad to pray five times a day in the first place?
Does not this show that Moses was much wiser than Allah?
Does not this also prove that Moses was more in tune with reality than Allah?
How could Moses – a mere human – come up with a more practical solution for Muslims than Allah?
Why did Allah allow Moses to change his commandments if all his commandments are perfect from the start?
Instead of submitting to Allah’s commandment willingly, why did Muhammad choose to follow the contradictory advice of Moses to reduce the number of prayers?
Is this not an indication that Muhammad doubts the perfection of Allah’s commandments?
Can you imagine what life would have been like for you if it were not for Moses?
As it is, most Muslims find it difficult to pray five times a day, can you imagine how difficult it would be for you if you had to pray fifty times a day?
Does not this show that Allah is nothing but a selfish, egotistical deity who wants to be praised all the time?
Does not this show that only an irrational deity would make such an unreasonable demand?
Will the true God dictate how many times in a day his worshippers should pray to him?
Will the true God dictate the specific times in a day as a requirement for his worshippers to pray to him?
Are not prayers something that comes from the heart with no time requirement?
Since most Muslims cannot even pray five times every day of their life, are they not continually tormented by the fear that they will die without having fulfilled their obligation?

MUHAMMAD’S FABRICATED NIGHT JOURNEY TO HEAVEN

STEALTH TEAM MEGIDDO