Argument between Adam and Moses!

Here we will show what Islam is not and how it is refuted by the Quranic Message.
Ahmed Mateen

Post by Ahmed Mateen »

Sahih? Muslim, Book 033, Number 6409:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (way peace be upon him) as saying: There was argument between Adam and Moses. Moses said to Adam: You are our father. You did us harm and caused us to get out of Paradise. Adam said to him: You are Moses. Allah selected you (for direct conversation with you) and wrote with His own Hand the Book (Torah) for you. Despite this you blame me for an act which Allah had ordained for me forty years before He created me. Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said:. This is how Adam came the better of Moses and Adam came the better of Moses.

:roll:
ghuzoor

Post by ghuzoor »

I think Moses was right. If Adam did not eat that apple we would still be in the paradise.

"ADAM SEB KHA GAYA AUR HUM KO MARVA DIYA"
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

I think the conversation never happened.......

Moses is also Adam, as Adam is the Quranic name for Homo Sapiens, modern thinking man, which is one of the meanings of Adama.

See the plural use of Adam in: 2:38

Present tense used with Adam in: 3:59
Mahmood Qasmi

Post by Mahmood Qasmi »

Very correct.
The verse 2.36 includes the address: قُلْنَا اهْبِطُوا بَعْضُكُمْ لِبَعْضٍ عَدُوٌّ وَلَكُمْبَعْضُكُم
We said: "Get ye down, all (ye people), with enmity between yourselves."

It is also interesting that this is Yousuf Ali's translation...

Sectarians come up with yet another excuse, that God is addressing Adam, Eve, and Satan, and hence satisfies context of plurality (3 or more).
Mahmood Qasmi
Toronto, Canada