Stoning the Satan(s) :o

Here we will show what Islam is not and how it is refuted by the Quranic Message.
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

STONING THE THREE SATANS
Abrahah, the Ethiopian Kingdom’s Christian viceroy of Yemen, was on his way to demolish the Ka'bah in the Year of the Elephant (the exalted Prophet’s year of birth, 570 CE), as we have seen earlier. Three Arab traitors had guided Abrahah on his way to Makkah through the desert. The pre-Islamic Makkans humiliated and then stoned these traitors to death and made out three statues of them in today's plains of Mina outside Makkah. Then they used to stone those statues every year at the time of Pilgrimage. This ritual was 'Islamized' by Muslim historians naming them as three places where the 'Satan' tried to prompt Prophet Abraham to defy God's supposed Command to 'sacrifice' his son. And so, to this day during Pilgrimage, Muslims stone the three pillars calling them the Great, the Medium, and the Small Satan! Hundreds of Hajis (pilgrims) frequently get killed in the stampede set up by their enthusiasm to throw rocks on these "three satans". Wouldn't it be more appropriate if they 'stoned' the Satan in their heads?
Ref: Sawa’iqul Muharraqa (chapter iii), Dama’ussaqiba (chapter xi)
Wassalam,
SA
Riaz Ahmed

Post by Riaz Ahmed »

Salaams,

This is a excellent article! And I have every confidence in this historical aspect.Could you emphasis this a little further or do you have any links that go into this in depth.

I just want to do a little bit of background re-search, before I have a word with some of my Brothers who dispute these things.

Regards

Riaz
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear Riaz Bhai, AA

Isn't it enough for us that the Qur'an does not even mention the stoning of 'three Satans' in MINA during Hajj?

Thanks for contemplating!
Wassalam,
SA
Riaz Ahmed

Post by Riaz Ahmed »

I totally agree Brother Shabir. Infact,

One of my Quran loving Brothers threw the stones at his own head when he was at Mina. Metaphorically speaking of course! :lol: