Of Dogs

What is the Deen, System of Life, according to the Quran, and how and why is Islam a challenge to Religion?
Dr. Shabbir

Of Dogs

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

ARE DOGS NAJIS (UNCLEAN)?
There is hardly an area which the IMAMISM has left unscathed.
01. The Qur'an does NOT condemn any of God's creation and dog is no exception. Surah 18 in fact portrays a dog as a wonderful companion of some outstanding believers in refuge.
02. The Book condemns nothing but certain human attitudes.
03. It is interesting to note that while the Old Testament goes on to state that you shall not touch the carcass of the swine the Qur'an limits its prohibition to eating the swineflesh.
04. The Hadith literature has some extremely humane examples such as:

All creation is the family of God, so you shall be kind to them all.
There is great reward for you in the kind treatment of any animal.
A man was awarded paradise because he watered a thirsty dog.
A woman deserved hell because she used to torture a cat.

Now The Fabricated N2I Ahadith
Could the Prophet (S) have said this?

01. The Prophet (S) ordered all dogs to be killed.
02. The exalted Prophet ordered all black dogs to be killed.
03. If you are praying and a donkey, a woman or a dog passes in front, the prayer is nullified.
04. Angels of mercy do not enter a home wherein there is a dog.
05. The crow, rat, scorpion, eagle, a biting dog are all "sinful" animals! Kill them even around the Masjid of Security in Makkah.
THE COMPROMISE:
Dogs are allowed as pets for hunting, guarding sheep and guarding the crops.
THE CULTURAL IMPACT:
In the East we have seen stray dogs running after people, barking all night probably because of hunger and insecurity, lack of training, torture with sticks and stones. No spaying, no neutering, hence coupling on the street and people striking them. Poverty in the East precludes people from helping animals. They also hate stray dogs for bites and Rabies.
Wassalam,
SA
tammyswofford

Of Dogs

Post by tammyswofford »

Dr. Shabbir,
I spent my childhood in southern Mexico. The Aztecs domesticated both dogs and turkeys for consumptions. The hairless chihuahua is one example. In Mongolia, I saw a second degree burn which was healing quite nicely with the application of dog blood. I assume it would serve somewhat as a biological bandaid. I know a group of Navy Seals who suspect they were served cat, instead of chicken, at a restaurant in Asia. In World War II some of our troops got a meal of cat, from the French. Personally, I prefer a nice steak!

I am currently studying ethnobotany and just read an article by a doctor in Pakistan. It was written by Dr. Muhammad Hamayun. It is fascinating how the womb of the earth, provides much curative power for the various tribes and groups scattered across the world who lack modern medicine.

But back to the topic at hand, yes, it it right to treat and handle animals properly. Another thing seen in Mongolia was a caged bear with a tube sticking out of its gallbladder. The Chinese doctor was draining the bear's bile, to sell as a curative for some ailment. That, and grinding up rhinocerous bone for arthritis. smile

R/Tammy Swofford