Adam (khalifa)- Evolution

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
Hamza M

Post by Hamza M »

I have a question about sura 10 ayat 13-14:

"We annihilated many nations before you for their violation of human rights. Their messengers had come to them with clear evidence of the Truth, but they refused to believe them. Thus We reward those who steal the fruit of others’ labor. Now, We have made you their successors ( khalifa) in the land, to behold how you behave.

the word khalifa means: from khalafa, meaning he came after or succeeded

another that had perished or died. In sura 2 ayat 30, Allah (swt) says that he made Adam ( mankind) khalifa on earth.

I read this on http://www.mostmerciful.com/adam.htm about this ayats: . "The above two verses ( 10:13-14) EXPLICITLY REVEAL that Allah (s.w.t.) had destroyed the sinful communities/guilty generations that had lived upon this earth in the past before HE designated anyone or any community as His Viceroy (Khala-'ifa) on earth.

2. The opening Arabic text of Verse (14) reads; Thumma ja-'alnakum Khala-'ifa fil-'ardi mim ba'di him; translated: Then We appointed you Viceroys in the earth after them indicates that the time of this destruction was in the period before Adam".

Uncle is this possible that maybe Allah (swt) is saying to us that it was someone other than humans ( homo sapiens) was living before us on earth, but they didnt follow Allahs messeage, then they were destroyed. I was trying yesterday to understand this verse, and I read about Neanderthal man. Maybe this verse is about Neanderthals who was living before and also co-exist with homo sapiens. Neanderthals have also some intellect ( not as much as homo sapiens) I think, and according to this site they maybe belive in afterlife (http://www.kidspast.com/world-history/0017-neanderthal-culture.php). what is your opinion about this ayats?

God bless you, peace

Hamza

"Our Lord! Let not our hearts waver, now that you have guided us, and bestow upon us Grace from Your Presence. You, only You are the Grantor of decent things.” 3:7

Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Wa alakum Assalam, dear Hamza!

Allah says nowhere that man is HIS Khalifa.
Wassalam,
SA
Mubashir

Post by Mubashir »

Thanks.

Mubashir