Women can show these in public

What is the Deen, System of Life, according to the Quran, and how and why is Islam a challenge to Religion?
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

WHAT BODY PARTS CAN WOMEN SHOW IN PUBLIC?

Face, hands and forearms, heads, feet and ankles.
5:6 O You who have chosen to be graced with belief! When you congregate for Salat, wash your faces and your forearms, hands to the elbows. Lightly rub your heads and your feet to the ankles."

Ibn Umar said that during the times of Rasulullah (S) men and women used to do Wudhu together." (Bukhari published by Madina Publishing Company, Karachi, 1982, Printer Hamid & Co, vol 1, pg 169 Kitabil Wudhu. The translator is “Maulana” Abdul Hakim Khan Shahjahan Puri)
Wassalam,
SA
mastan

Post by mastan »

Salam,

I cannot find the above hadith from Bukhary Hadith as provided in this site:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari

Please can you be more specific about that hadith? I do not have access to some Pakistani Bukhary hadith book as you refered to, please provide from some source which is available and can be verified in America. Thanks.
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

See KITABIL WUDU, brother! - any publication.
-SA
Wassalam,
SA
Ahmed Mateen

Post by Ahmed Mateen »

Dear Mastan, If you can read arabic or urdu here is the hadith and the link:

mastan

Post by mastan »

Salam,

Thanks but unfortunately I'am not urdu speaking nor i can understand arabic. is it possible to provide some english source? Thanks in advance.
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam Aleikum,

It is also to be found in:

The Collection of Bukhari, English translation by Dr.Ahmad Zidan and mrs.Dina Zidan. Distributed under Islamic INC publishing and distribution, ISBN 977-265-234-0 First print 2004. Printed and translated in Egypt.

Volume 1, Book of Ablution, Page 81, Hadith number 142.

It was related that Abd Allah ibn Umar said:"During the lifetime of the Messenger of God, men and women used to perform ablution together."

I bought this book here in The Netherlands, so I believe you can order it too in America. If you want I can even send it to you. But this is to be found in every Bukhari Collection. The Hadith that are online, are selected ones, and so it doesn't surprises me it is not there.
mastan

Post by mastan »

Thanks a bunch brother.