BLOG 54 - Islam: What The West Needs To Know # 20

Welcome to New and Improved Beacon Forum. Here all General Discussions and News items can be posted and discussed.
Dr. Shabbir

BLOG 54 - Islam: What The West Needs To Know # 20

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

REBUTTAL – 20
May 17th, 2008 by Dr. Shabbir

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-871902797772997781

Announcer & Video Images: “America is the land of diversity and service.”

Man #1: “I’m an African American. My forefathers overcame the trials of slavery.”

Woman #1: “I’m Native American. I’m a journalist, wife, and mother.”

Man #2: “I’m of European heritage. One of my ancestors was a member of the Continental Congress.”

Woman #2: “I’m Hispanic American. I’ve been a Girl Scout since I was six years old and now I’m a troop leader.”

Man #1: I served in our nation’s armed forces as have many of my relatives.”

Woman #1: “My father served two tours of duty in Vietnam.”

Man #2: “Another fought for freedom in Gettysburg.”

Woman #2: “Two of my uncles fought for our country in the Korean War.”

Man #1: “And I am an American Muslim.”

Woman #1: “And I am an American Muslim.”

Man #2: “And I am an American Muslim.”

Woman #2: “I am an American Muslim.”

Announcer: “Muslims are part of the fabric of this great country and are working to build a better America.”

Comment: This is a fact that none can deny.

Mr. Serge Trifkovic, Foreign Affairs Editor, Chronicles Magazine: “The spokesmen for the Western Islamic World know how to play the game. They know how to present their cause in the way that is not only regarded as acceptable by the societal mainstream but also reasonable, and one might say, just. They will appeal to democratic institutions and their human rights in the full knowledge that given the power to do so, they would abolish those institutions and deny those rights to others.”

Answer: Dear Sir, you might be pleasantly surprised to know that almost all Muslims believe and say that there are more Islamic Principles established in the West than in other countries, Muslim or non-Muslim.

Dear Sir, you said, “(They) know how to play the game.” It is not a game to defend one’s rights. Was Martin Luther King, Jr playing a game?

Interesting: The greatest Islamic scholar of the times, Mufti ‘Abde Rabbuhu (d. 1906) of Egypt visited Europe. When he returned, he made a remarkable statement, “In Europe, I saw Islam but no Muslims. In Egypt, I see Muslims but no Islam.”

Muslims realize that, albeit some non-Islamic harmful social practices, Islam is almost in place in the West. Why would so many Muslims prefer to live in the West? Why would any community harm the Qur’anic values very much in place in the West, values that they love? Why would Muslims “play games” when they love these values? Even the Arab autocracies are slowly coming closer to the freedom enjoined by the Qur’an. Perhaps you know that important historical figures such as the American Founding Fathers, Queen Victoria of England and Napoleon Bonaparte were avid readers of the Qur’an and freely benefited from it.

The West have consciously or unconsciously acquired many great principles from the Qur’an, in addition to intellectual inquiry and the method of trial and error.

Please ponder how many centuries the transformation has taken and the West is still far from being perfect, rather it is in danger of decline.

Sir Iqbal said in simple terms: Revelation economizes human effort.

How true! See what that wizard of a genius said:

Albert Einstein (1879-1955) - Out of My Later Days, “The code of permanent values can only come through Revelation to chosen personalities (Messengers) of God. Science can tell what is. It cannot tell what ought to be.

Raymond Lerouge - Life de Mohamet: The Arabian Prophet Mohammad is the founder of a revolution unparalleled in history. He founded a political state that will ultimately embrace the entire planet. The law of that Government would rest on justice and kindness. His teachings revolve around human equality, mutual cooperation and universal brotherhood.

Studio Image & Voice:
Sahih Al Bukhari,
Vol. 7, Book 67, Hadith 427:
“By Allah, and Allah willing, if I take an oath and later find something else that is better than that, then I do what is better and expiate my oath.”

Answer: No doubt, taking things out of context or missing relevant information causes much confusion. The mentioned Hadith is reported in more detail in “Uswah Hasanah” pg 215. It’s very clear. The exalted Prophet said to some people on oath that he did not have camels to mount them. Then someone brought forth a herd of camels and he gave each of them a camel saying, “Allah has sent them for you.” What is wrong here, Sir?

The exalted Prophet could never have violated the Revelation. Not a single friend or foe ever accused him of doing that.

3:77 Those who trade away the Divine value of keeping pledge and their oaths for petty gains, will have no portion in the Hereafter…

Mr. Walid Shoebat, Author Why I Left Jihad: When I used to be working as a translator at the Luke College in Chicago, the fund-raising for Jihad movements, for the PA, the PLO at that time, we would do the translation for the announcements or the fliers that we hand out or put on the walls of the college. And I remember the Arabic would be basically the facts: Bring your friends, we were intending to raise funds to support our Jihad brothers in Lebanon, whether they were fighting in southern Lebanon against Israel or whatever. And then comes the English part. In the English part, it’d be the standard: We will be conducting a Middle Eastern cultural party, you’re welcome, we’ll be serving lamb and baklava. So the West doesn’t understand as when we get together as a group, our conversations are different. As soon as a Westerner would come into the scene, then the whole conversation changes. It becomes palatable to Western mind. When I used to go to work, let’s say during the Gulf War - I used to work at a American company – and everybody would be hovering around the T.V. set. As soon as there’s a Scud missile hitting Riyadh or something like that, everybody will be distraught, unhappy, because Scud lands in the American camp. And I would be standing there right amongst American employees, ‘Oh that’s too bad, you know, oh that’s too bad. I’m sorry, I know we had loss of life’. And out of frustration from having to keep the truth of what I really felt, I would roll down the window on the freeway going home and scream as loud as I can, ‘Allahu Akbar! Allah is Great. Allahu Akbar!’, because this is the chantation you do when the enemy is killed, when you win. So if it was a victorious day for the Iraqis when they land a Scud missile, then it would be ‘Alhahu Akbar!’ on the freeway, I know nobody can hear me now. And when I went to my apartment home, the rest of the apartment complex were also Arabs from the Middle East, we’d get together in my apartment, watch the Gulf War, and we’d be praising Allah every time it was some incident when Americans got killed. But it wasn’t the same face that we put on when we were in an American environment. In an American environment, we played a different scenario. You acted as if you are on their side. So there’s this whole facade is hidden from the West of how Muslim fundamentalists who want to propagate Jihad in America can act publicly.

Answer: Dear Sir, you eloquently relate the stories of terror since, pardon me, you have been an active terrorist yourself. You know that 99.999% Muslims denounce Terrorism as much as anyone else. Secondly, for you, Muslims seem to exist only in the Middle East. What percentage are they of the total Muslim population? 10% and a vast majority of them are peaceful, law-abiding citizens.

Sincerely, a life-long student
Wassalam,
SA