A contiunued call for help

What is the Deen, System of Life, according to the Quran, and how and why is Islam a challenge to Religion?
bkanwar2

Post by bkanwar2 »

I have made the title of this mail as "a continued call for help". This is because I had sent a mail before calling for help, to my close acquaintances, with translation of Surah Fatiha. In response to previous mail some friend suggested that before I go any further I should try to translate some smaller Surahs of Quran. This is an attempt based on the advice. I consider myself a very humble student of Lost language of Quran. Hence, I keep learning more every day and this leads to better understanding of message every day. As I learn and understand I will continue to improve understanding. As a student it is also my understanding that the division of Quranic script into Surahs and Ayas is later phenomenon. Originally the whole text was one from start to end. This division was done for reference purposes, i.e., to refer to certain portion of the text. Hence, it is okay for this purpose as long one realizes this. However, to treat Surahs as chapters of modern book writing is not appropriate. As every so to called Surah is connected to the concept in verse before. I realized this more when I attempted Surah Abe Lahab. Looking for help to join hand in enhancing the understanding of divine message.

Badar Kanwar
Surah 111. Al-Lahab

تَبَّتْ يَدَا أَبِي لَهَبٍ وَتَبَّ

One who severed utterly from bond of union with the rope (Quran). He suffered loss of diminution and perished for ever. Such a man’s refusal will lead him to be in a state of like burning with thirst, being in state of loss and as dead

مَا أَغْنَى عَنْهُ مَالُهُ وَمَا كَسَبَ

Such a person will not profit at all. One who is a proud and heeds himself high for whatever wealth he has collected and gained.

سَيَصْلَى نَارًا ذَاتَ لَهَبٍ

Such a person has deluded and deceived himself and caused to fall into destruction. So kindle a fire to ransom yourself from evil of such men. Whose refusal will leads them to be in state of like burning with thirst, being in state of loss and as dead?

وَامْرَأَتُهُ حَمَّالَةَ الْحَطَبِ

Pity yourself not, by passing beyond the right and straight course for you. That is the course in my decree towards you. The one that incites urges and instigates.

فِي جِيدِهَا حَبْلٌ مِّن مَّسَدٍ

On account of this, to save your neck: Now tie yourself with rope from me (Quran), to continue your journey laboriously and energetically.
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear friends,

Is any brother or sister already familiar with our respected Dr. Badar's technique and ready to help?
Wassalam,
SA
bkanwar2

Post by bkanwar2 »

Just want share response from Free-minds.org.

belH
Truth Seeker

Re: A continued call for help. Surah 111. Abu-Lahab
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 05:14:21 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: bkanwar2 on November 22, 2008, 08:16:00 PM

Badar Kanwar

Surah 111. Abu-Lahab

تَبَّتْ يَدَا أَبِي لَهَبٍ وَتَبَّ
One who severed utterly from bond of union with the rope (Quran). He suffered loss of diminution and perished for ever. Such a man’s refusal will lead him to be in a state of like burning with thirst, being in state of loss and as dead

مَا أَغْنَى عَنْهُ مَالُهُ وَمَا كَسَبَ

Such a person will not profit at all. One who is a proud and heeds himself high for whatever wealth he has collected and gained.

سَيَصْلَى نَارًا ذَاتَ لَهَبٍ

Such a person has deluded and deceived himself and caused to fall into destruction. So kindle a fire to ransom yourself from evil of such men. Whose refusal will leads them to be in state of like burning with thirst, being in state of loss and as dead?

وَامْرَأَتُهُ حَمَّالَةَ الْحَطَبِ

Pity yourself not, by passing beyond the right and straight course for you. That is the course in my decree towards you. The one that incites urges and instigates.

فِي جِيدِهَا حَبْلٌ مِّن مَّسَدٍ

On account of this, to save your neck: Now tie yourself with rope from me (Quran), to continue your journey laboriously and energetically.

Peace:
As an Arabic speaker, I think the verses more accurate word by word translation is:

Perish the hands of the Father of Flame! Perish he! (1) No profit to him from all his wealth, and all his gains! (2) Burnt soon will he be in a Fire of blazing Flame! (3) His wife shall carry the (crackling) wood ―as fuel!― (4) A twisted rope of palm-leaf fibre round her (own) neck! (5)

Now, what are you trying to seek, as help, when posting this thread? Sorry I couldn't understand what you are asking about?

Report to moderator Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Straight Path that we are striving for is the path that God Shows clearly in his book. But be aware of “Adding” or “Deleting” a commandment or description of the unseen. Simply because adding leads to “Shrik” and deleting leads to “Kofer”

bkanwar2
Beginner/Inquirer

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:59:13 PM » Quote

Thanks. Trying to call for help to have discussion to try to understand the lost language of Quran. Calling for help to critically evalute the script of Quran and method of script writting.

Badar

« Last Edit: Today at 06:07:50 PM by bkanwar2 » Report to moderator 205.167.2.27

Knowledge thirsty
Beginner/Inquirer

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:28:07 PM » Quote

An excellent attempt to translate. There is some explanation here in addition to the translation as I see.
I checked the lexicon for the words in the firsr line:

Tab: Suffering loss to a degree of perishing
Bat: Becoming unable to proceed with the journey ( of life)
Yada: for ever, (as it is not yad with a gezm which would have meant hand otherwise)
Abi: disagreeing and refusing ( with the decree of our Creator here)
Lahab: Burning with thirst
wa tab: and he( or such nation) will suffer and perish.

So in simple english, is it meaning??

Those people ( or nation) who refuse and disagree to follow the command of our creator, they will eventually suffer a major loss to a degree that they will perish and will be

like those who are burning with thirst ( for lack of truth ) and they will be unable to continue the life journey ( in comfort ) for ever. And they will perish.

Regards
Knowledge thirsty

Report to moderator Logged

bkanwar2
Beginner/Inquirer

« Reply #4 on: Today at 09:52:37 PM » Quote Modify

My the Rab shower his blessing thousand times and over again for your effort. I appreciate you effort greatly, English of present time is much different than hundred years ago. Hence need for simple English as well.

Badar