17:36 Verification

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
mrazik

Post by mrazik »

Sir,

17:36 And you shall not follow blindly any information of which you have no direct knowledge. (Using your faculties of perception and conception) you must verify it for yourself. In the Court of your Lord, you will be held accountable for your hearing, sight, and the faculty of reasoning. [32]

How one can verify all information one receives? After all one has to depend upon certain “authorities” for verification.

24:58 .............. Before you engage in your assignments at dawn, at noon when you are resting with light clothes, and after you have completed your assignments at night. These are your three times of privacy. At other times it is not wrong for you or for them to move about freely, attending to one another. In this way, God makes clear to you the revelations, for, God is All Knowing, Wise.

Now what if that “authority” turns out to be wrong on the Day of Judgment?

What if this translation “assignments at dawn......” turns out to be incorrect and it should have been “Prayers at dawn” and “Prayers at night”?

Thanks & Regards,

Razi Khan
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear brother,

1. I have requested you to read the Qur'an completely.

2. There are no "authorities."

3. Connect 17:36 to

49:6 O You who have chosen to be graced with belief! If an indiscreet person comes to you with any news, verify it lest you hurt some people in ignorance and then regret what you have done.

4. About meanings, every person must reflect on the Qur'an through TASREEF and not depend on anyone else's understanding. Getting some ideas is OK.

5."On the Day of Judgment, none will help us. Our effort will be seen."

53:38 i No laden one shall bear the load of another.
53:39 ii Every human being shall be responsible for, and compensated for, his labor.
53:40 iii His effort (and not the results) will be seen.
53:41 iv Then he will be fully rewarded for it.
Wassalam,
SA
UmeAimon

Post by UmeAimon »

Salam,

If it can be of any help... I used to get frequent migraine attacks. There are lots of physiological and some psychological reasons as well for this. My doctor once asked me... Do you think a lot? I said, “yes of course, is it not normal?”. She said, “no it's perfectly normal. It’s just that you think a lot for a lot more things and for a lot more time”. “Well that’s some help...so what should I do, stop thinking!” I asked, disappointed. And she replied,
“Just filter out the things that don’t matter and should not and stop thinking about them. Ask yourself what is more important, your health or these trivial things. Just don’t give a damn about them. But it would need practice as we take into account things without even noticing ...because that’s what we have been doing for so long...and because that’s who we have become!...”.

Well I did practice and what I didn’t realise then was that how much this filtering of unwanted stuff will help me understand Quran better.

We are thinking about so many other things while trying to understand Quran without even realising. There are many foreign influences that have stayed in our heads for long enough to become permanent residents. The messages we receive in form of cultural norms, values, upbringing, and teachings all human ways get so fixed in our heads that they get mixed up with the message we received from Allah SWT and we cannot tell them apart.

Filtering helps here. First get the priority straight what matters most is the survival of our selves. Once we have attained belief in one Almighty Power, we go towards the reminder He has send. After realising it couldn’t be anything but the Creator’s direct message, who could we regard more right than Him? Get rid of anything not required t understand this message because that is NOT required by HIM. The only criteria Allah requires is our will to go on the most righteous path. Nothing else should matter then.
"...Hudallil muttaqeen." AlBakara.

With this conviction only we can see how beautiful the message is ...full of wisdom, the only miracle. We see that whenever we think there is a doubt in some understanding the Quran itself automatically contradicts it. You’ll feel the message becomes contradictory at some point but it’s not the message but the wrong meaning you have given to the message because of those influences.

Wasalam,

UmeAimon.
Naushad

Post by Naushad »

Salaamun Alaikum everyone,

Sister UmeAimon, I really liked your simple and straight forward explanation. I agree that most of the time we get caught in too much trivial details and miss out on small but simple and important things. Thank you for your post.

Best regards,
Naushad.
mrazik

Post by mrazik »

My knowledge and understanding of Arabic is almost zero, so I have to depend upon translations.

I find QXP the most coherent, consistent and understandable. Its reading makes sense to heart and mind, yet it is not “The Quran” and it is translation only and I am depending upon translation. So I asked that question.

You are right UmeAimon when you said “There are many foreign influences that have stayed in our heads for long enough to become permanent residents” and one of those influences, in my mind, had transformed “Salat = Namaz/Prayer”; and on the day of judgment the first question God will ask will be about one’s Namaz.

So my question was outcry of “those influences” which are now being replaced by clear and better understanding of Quran.

Thanks and Regards,

Razi Khan
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Respected brother Razi,

You are a very humble gentleman.

For those influences distorting the meanings of Al-Qur'an, kindly read the Preface to QXP.
Wassalam,
SA