Muslim TV Programs making mockery of the Quran

What is the Deen, System of Life, according to the Quran, and how and why is Islam a challenge to Religion?
fahmed

Post by fahmed »

Salaam

I have observed over many weeks an increasing amount of "religious" shows particularly on Pakistani channels and I must say that they are making a mockery of the Quran and Islam. Here is why:

1. There is emphasis on unbelievable promises such as "the muazzin (he who performs azaan) is guaranteed Paradise", "those who hear the muazzin will intercede for him on the Day of Judgment" (why do they have to intercede if he is already guaranteed Paradise!?). These unrealistic promises are selling Paradise for pennies and are unfounded in the Quran.

2. The recitations are shrill and musical, and that is the style that is praised on the shows. This style of recitation is diametrically opposite the Quran because:

a) Allah states he revealed the Quran in plain Arabic which is easy to understand, these recitations are not.

b) The Quran is to be read in moderate tone, these recitations are shrill.

c) Lastly, singing these verses dilutes the messages contained within them. The Quran is a Book of Action, not of Rhythm and Blues! Plus, how will singing verses about societal revolution bring these changes into effect?
mrazik

Post by mrazik »

I completely agree with this observation. These programs, especially from Pakistani Channels (i.e. A--, G--, Q-- etc.) are just preaching religion (=opium) to gullible masses, who is already in the vice like grip of Mullahs.

In one of the program stupid questions asked by simple Muslims (who consider it as an essential part of Islam) are answered by so called Scholars of two major Sects. Sometimes their forced appeasement of each other becomes so obvious that one gets disgusted after seeing the live example of “religious hypocrisy”.

May Allah guide all of us to Al-Islam.