What they say on Religion

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Sidqi

Post by Sidqi »

The religions we call false were once true.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have not been able to find a single useful institution which has not been founded either by an intensely religious man or by the son of a praying father or a praying mother. I have made the statement before the chambers of commerce of all the largest cities of the country and have asked them to bring forward a case that is an exception to this rule. Thus far I have not heard of a single one.
Roger Ward Babson

Religion consists of a set of things which the average man thinks he believes and wishes he was certain.
Mark Twain

Man is certainly stark mad; he cannot make a flea and yet he will be making gods by dozens. different translation Man is certainly crazy. He could not make a mite and he makes gods by the dozen.
Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

There is not even enough religion in the world to destroy the worlds religions.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Religion is the last refuge of human savagery.
Alfred North Whitehead

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.
Sir Richard Francis Burton

All religions must be tolerated...for...every man must get to heaven in his own way.
Frederick II the Great

The religions we call false were once true.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

One religion is as true as another.
Robert Burton

Many have quarreled about religion that never practice it. Benjamin Franklin

All religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few.
Marie Henri Beyle

Religion is love; in no case is it logic.
Beatrice Potter Webb

Men will wrangle for religion; write for it; fight for it; die for it; anything but - live for it.
Charles Caleb Colton

I could not say that I believe. I know! I have had the experience of being gripped by something that is stronger than myself something that people call God.
Carl Gustav Jung

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able toperceive with our frail and feeble mind. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power which is revealed in the incomprehensible Universe forms my idea of God.
Albert Einstein

We have just enough religion to make us hate but not enough to make us love one another.
Jonathan Swift

A cult is a religion with no political power.
Tom Wolfe

When is a question of money everybody is of the same religion.
Francois Voltaire

Priests are no more necessary to religion than politicians to patriotism.
John H. Holmes

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
The Dalai Lama

Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training for it trains people as to how they shall think.
Arthur Shopenhauer

The open-minded see the truth in different things: the narrow-minded see only the differences.
Unknown

THEOSOPHY n. An ancient faith having all the certitude of religion and all the mystery of science.
Ambrose Gwinett Bierce

God is for men and religion is for women.
Joseph Conrad

He who possesses art and science has religion; he who does not possess them needs religion.
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Sidqi.
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear Sidqi Bhai Saheb,

I may not agree with every single quote but you have posted something very interesting.

All these quotes sound authentic, yet, could you please give us the source if possible?
Wassalam,
SA
Mohammed Rafi

Post by Mohammed Rafi »

Quotes are all good to be read and enjoyed. They should not be confused with Divine guidance. It is better to keep a straight mind and clean intellect and lead a life without confusions and in conformity with values. I feel that ultimately rituals will lose their value and will take the back seat and that will be the day when bearded Mullahs will be on the run.
Mohammed Rafi
Karachi
Sidqi

Post by Sidqi »

Salam Dr. Sahab.

This website has quotes on various subjects.

http://quotesandlines.com/?c=Religion

Sidqi. Ca
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Thank you, Sidqi Bhai Saheb!

Brother Rafi is right as well - in my words - we must use discretion here.
Wassalam,
SA
mrazik

Post by mrazik »

“Quotes” are product of combination of few words, just for the sake of its resulted meaning.

Razi Khan
Sidqi

Post by Sidqi »

Not so..Not with these thinkers.

I think every intellectual person has a flight of mind in the light of his life, belief, religion and observations. He has a right to do so. It is not necessary that others will also agree.

Human society have evolved around this freedom.

Sidqi.
mrazik

Post by mrazik »

Sir,

Isn’t this flight of mind without the light of “Iman” is conjecture at its best and gibberish at its worst? :)

Razi Khan
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Respected brother,

All kinds of people and minds live in the world and the Clement Allah feeds them without discrimination.
Wassalam,
SA
shahalam66

Post by shahalam66 »

This refers to Mr. Khan's post.

There can be two flights of human mind. One is from hope to hope and the other can take us anywhere. Anybody regardless of his background can make the firs flight. I have seen many Iman filled people who can only do kite flying.
shahalam
mrazik

Post by mrazik »

Let there be innumerable flight of mind. But Ya Allah let Quran always remains the string for my flight of “kite” (mind / life)!!

Regards,
Razi Khan