ME'RAAJ (ASCENSION)

What is the Deen, System of Life, according to the Quran, and how and why is Islam a challenge to Religion?
Dr. Shabbir

ME'RAAJ (ASCENSION)

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

ME'RAAJ (ASCENSION)
Allah Is Not Confined To the Heavens.

The exalted Messenger never ascended to the heavens. Allah is everywhere. Our brilliant Muhaddithin and historians bring a lot of irrational and contradictory material on this subject:

01. Me'raaj happened in Madinah. But the word Me'raaj is not found in the Qur'an.
02. No sorry! It happened in Makkah.
03. It happened just before Hijrah.
04. Sorry! It happened 9 years before Hijrah.
05. The Prophet was sleeping at Umm Hani's house. Gabriel held his hand and took him to Allah up there in the heavens.
06. Oh' no! (That would be a slander). He was sleeping in the Ka'bah.
07. Gabriel opened his chest and poured faith and wisdom from a platter of gold before taking him up there.
08. Sorry! That surgery was performed when he was 3 years old.
09. Gabriel took him straight to the heavens. Sorry again! The angel first took him to Jerusalem.
10. No, it was not Gabriel. Burraaq (The Santor with the head and face of a beautiful woman and the body of a horse) carried him to the heavens at lightning speed.
These are not even 1% of the insults. The real ascension of the exalted Messenger was his character, and not some kind of Greek Mythology.
Wassalam,
SA
Mohammad Rafiq

ME'RAAJ (ASCENSION)

Post by Mohammad Rafiq »

It will be nice if you include the source of these quotes.
Dr. Shabbir

ME'RAAJ (ASCENSION)

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear brother, AA

You will be surprised to see all these, often contradictory, quotes scattered in one book, Bukhari Hadith, in addition to other books of "Sahah Sittah". Mullah Maududi makes it easy for you by collecting these in his TAFHIM, Surah 17 Tafsir - Also, Mufti Muhammad Shafi's Maarif-il-Quran.
Wassalam,
SA
Arnold Yasin Mol

ME'RAAJ (ASCENSION)

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salam Aleikum,

Ibn Ishaq in his 'Seerat-Al-Nabi', says himself that there are several conflicting stories on the night ascension legend. He gives 3 different accounts. And tries to to get a full storyline by quoting several narrators, that all contradict each other on the details and timeline.

Ibn iShaq begins the quotes as 'I presume' , 'I have heard that' , 'Az-Zoeri claims that'. None of this would be accepted in the court of law as authentic or trustworthy. And this is was only written a 100 years after the Prophet.

Ibn Ishaq was kicked out of Medina, being accused of 'Shia' tendency's. He settled in Bagdad, where under the Abbasid rulers, he was allowed and even encouraged. The 'Seerat' itself was lost, and we only have the notes that were taken by his students which nowadays was constructed back into one book.

Unbelievable people hang on to these stories blindly instead of serious doubt and critism.

25:1 Most Blessed is He Who has revealed to His servant, the Criterion of the right and the wrong so that to the entire world it might be a warning.

6:112 Thus We have appointed to every Prophet enemies. The rebellious among the urban and the rural populations rose in opposition, (since the Message struck at their vested interests). They plotted and inspired each other with fancy words. If your Lord willed, they won't do that. (But, challenges come your way only to expand your personalities 2:286). Disregard them and whatever they fabricate.

6:113 Those who love quick gains and neglect the long-term benefits and the Hereafter, are parties to such fabrications. Let them delight in it and let them earn from it what they may.

6:114 Say, “Shall I seek for Judge and Ruler someone other than Allah? He it is Who has revealed this Book, well expounded in detail for you.” Those whom We have given the Book know that this is revealed in Truth from your Lord. Be not among those who argue for the sake of argument.

31:6 But among people, there are those who invest their time in HADITH which is unfounded, so as to lead those without knowledge away from the Path of Allah, making mockery of it (the Qur'an). For such there is shameful punishment in store.