Purpose of our creation?

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Dr. Shabbir

Purpose of our creation?

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear friends,

Kindly share with me/us your understanding of the purpose of our creation.

Thanks!
Wassalam,
SA
abshoeb

Purpose of our creation?

Post by abshoeb »

Salam

67:2 He has created death and life to let you go through diverse circumstances and, thus, distinguish for yourselves who would do better.

For the evolutionary process, He has laid down the principle of tussle between opposing elements. This law also works in the human world. If the constructive elements within an individual or a nation dominate their respective lives, then they can contine to exist and go forward. Those who go against it lose their abilities for progress and growth and ultimately die. The death of a human being also tests the capabilities of his self. (If that person’s self has developed, it would be capable of passing through further evolutionary stages. That is called the life of Jannat. If it has not developed it is unfit for further progress and hence this is the life of Jahannum. Therefore for a Momin, death is the gateway to higher levels of progress and development and not an impediment.) This is the Allah Who controls all His programmes and protects them from destructive forces.

Fee Amanillah
Ali Bin Ali Alharbi (Al madina)
UmeAimon

Purpose of our creation?

Post by UmeAimon »

Salam Dr. Shabbir,

Purpose of our creation from my humble understanding, as human and a creation- The sheer belief of Almighty God’s existence manifests that we are to serve Him and as He pleases and must place the rest accordingly...
If God Is, we are.

UmeAimon
Dr. Shabbir

Purpose of our creation?

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Thanks a lot, my respected Brother Ali bin Ali Alharbi and respected Sister UmmeAimon, both with God-given insight!

Although both of you have answered my question beautifully, allow me to be a little more of the devil's advocate for a moment. :-)

3:182 This is for what your own hands have sent forth. God is never a tyrant over His servants. [Same statement in 8]

In 50:29, ... WA MA ANA ZALLAAMINL-LIL'ABAID (Literally, I am not at all a tyrant to servants).

50:29 “The Word does not change with Me, and I am not at all unjust to My servants.”

So, if Allah is not a tyrant, then why did he send me to this world without asking me? :-)

I wouldn't have asked this question to anyone but you, Arif Shamim, Dr. Badar Kanwar and myself. :-)
Wassalam,
SA
abshoeb

Purpose of our creation?

Post by abshoeb »

Respected Br Dr Shabbir Ahmad Assalamalikum wa Rahmathullahi wa Thaala wa Barkathuhu.

It is really thought provking question, and no doudt these type of questions all ways raised by inteligent people like you. And I will try to find out my opinion from Quran and will post it very soon.

Fee Amanillah
Ali Bin Ali Al harbi (Al madina)
UmeAimon

Purpose of our creation?

Post by UmeAimon »

Salam Dr. Shabbir,

Once again your remarks are very kind and encouraging. Sorry for jumping in again, I couldn’t help writing while waiting for other answers.

Regarding this question, well to me the answer to this is - It’s because this free “will” comes with the life not the other way around. Its part of this package given to us by Allah SWT, called “life”. This will make us responsible for our actions for this life only not before it not after it.
So how could we will before even living?

Or am I understanding this question incorrectly?

jazakAllah

UmeAimon
bkanwar2

Purpose of our creation?

Post by bkanwar2 »

Various characteristics of Insan= civilized/urban humans have been described, and purpose of their creation as well

4:28 ALANSAN DdhAoYFA= The human being is created weak, having the tendency to fall victim to his own selfish desire

14:34 ALANSAN LZhLWM KFAR= the human being is persistent in wrongdoing, stubbornly ingrate

16:4
He created the human being out of male and female gametes. They should be humble before their Creator’s messages instead of being contentious.

17:11
Man asks for what is evil for him as he prays for the good. Man is prone to be hasty in judgment.

19:67
But does not man reflect that We created him before, when he was nothing

21:37
Human being is a creature of haste. Soon enough, I will show you more of My signs, but do not ask Me to hasten.

31:14
“(And O My dear son! God says) - We have ordained upon man goodness to his parents. His mother bore him by bearing strain upon strain, and his utter dependence on her lasted no less than two years. Hence, be grateful to Me and to your parents, and remember that your ultimate destination is with Me.” [2]

17:67 ALANSAN KFWRA= Most ungrateful is the human being

17:83 ALANSAN AAoRDdh= easily exult and turn away

17:100 ALANSAN QTWRA= the human being has always been covetous

18:54 ALANSAN AKThR Shnull JDLA= man, above all other imperfections, is given to contention

43:15
And yet they ‘make’ some of His servants to be a part of Him! Indeed, man is openly ungrateful.

95:4
Indeed, We have created the human being in the best design (and with the potential to grow the ’self’.

96:6 ALANSAN LYTtGhY= Nay, certainly, man tries to play God! [Tagha = Trying to be supreme = Being a false god = Grossly overweening = Arrogance beyond limits = Creating rebellion = Trespassing Permanent Values

100]

Finally after this long introduction it says this

90:4
Surely, We have created the human being for struggle and toil. [This is the Town where Abraham and Ishmael labored, and where you began your toil to raise the Name of your Lord. 2:125-127

and, lastly it says purpose of creation is as follows

103:1
Time that flies and has flown, bears witness.
103:2
That man is, and has been, in a state of loss.
103:3
Except those who have chosen to be graced with belief, do works that help others and exemplify Truth and exemplify perseverance.
[Individuals and nations that are exception to the Rule of mankind being in a state of loss, have four qualities.
a. They believe in the Divine Laws operative in Nature, and not that things happen around them haphazardly. In other words they are pragmatic people.
b. They do works of collective good, helping those who lag behind, and improving the individual and collective potentials of humanity.
c. They uphold Al-Haqq (the Truth) instead of hearsay and conjecture. They refrain from violating Haqq (human rights) which is always the first casualty of an order based upon Falsehood.
d. They know that the benefit of the individual and the benefit of the society are strongly interwoven. Therefore, they are patient in times of ease and prosperity by not falling for rivalry in material possessions. And they are steadfast in times of adversity, natural disasters and armed confrontation.

Badar
mrazik

Purpose of our creation?

Post by mrazik »

Sir,
Your question “So, if Allah is not a tyrant, then why did he send me to this world without asking me?”.

2:255 .............. His knowledge transcends time and space. No one can encompass a trace of His knowledge but through His Laws. The Throne of His Supreme Control extends over the Highs and the Lows. No fatigue touches Him as He benevolently guards His Dominion and creation. He is the Glorious, the Supreme.

From my humble understanding, your question falls into domain of “His knowledge” about “Himself” not about His Creation since “His Laws” are for His Creation and we can only understand His creation through His Laws.

Moreover, 112:4 “And there is absolutely none like Him." So Isn’t He beyond our understanding and comprehension and Isn’t God always ask human being to ponder and reflect upon His Creation? Is anywhere God ask human being to reflect upon Him? I don’t know.
Dr. Shabbir

Purpose of our creation?

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear friends,

I am grateful to see some great minds addressing a question that I purposely posted on the Forum. Kindly check back this evening or tonight my answer TO MY OWN QUESTION. I will also share with you why such a difficult Q became necessary.

It is certainly not a vain question. Every Muslim active in DA'WAH will encounter it now and then.

The Q1 was:

Dear friends,

Kindly share with me/us your understanding of the purpose of our creation.

And Q2 was:

So, if Allah is not a tyrant, then why did he send me to this world without asking me? :-)

Thanks!
SA
abshoeb

Purpose of our creation?

Post by abshoeb »

Respected Sisters/Brothers

I think this verse gives us understanding for the purpose of our creation.

31:28 Your creation or your resurrection is only as that of a single life cell. Surely, God is the Hearer, the Knower.

You can imagine how all-encompassing and limitless His Laws are. All humans that have been created since the beginning of the process of mankind's creation, and their resurrection (after death), is to Him like (the creation and resurrection of) a single soul. (And it does not end there. He continues to be) All-Hearing, All-Seeing. (You see individuals separately, while He sees mankind in its entirety. You see parts, while He sees the whole.)

Fee Amanillah
Ali Bin Ali Alharbi (Al Madina)
bkanwar2

Purpose of our creation?

Post by bkanwar2 »

Purpose of creation of Human/Insan is here in 2:30 below, to have human supremacy on earth including all universal forces=Maalika. Who would not like to have this status, but this supermacy is not on an individual basis, but rather a collective supermacy for all. Further, this should not be mistaken as a supermacy over other humans as all are created in dignity 17:70. Even today all humans are fighting to have it over other humans, even though a false one, an individual basis, and/or on national basis amongst each other and not over the universal forces=Maalika. If any one of us is told that you will be given supremacy over entire planet earth we would live and die for it, wouldn't we? By nature, humans would like to have supermacy and hence will not question their creation. But, they do not know who they need to be supreme to, without divine guidance, it's certainly not over other humans. Not only they need to told who they need to be superior to, but the method of achieving this object as well

2:30
(Now is related to you the creation of Adam or mankind, in allegorical terms; when God decided to create humans who would be given free will, and supremacy on earth.) Your Lord announced His Plan to the angels, “Indeed, I am about to place on earth a new creation that will have dominion over it.” They exclaimed, “Will you place on it such creation as will cause disorder therein and shed blood! But we strive to manifest Your Glory (in the Universe)!” He answered, “Surely, I know what you do not know.”

Furthermore, he asked the Maalika=universal forces to bow 2:34 before humans, all but one, the Iblees/Satan=his own hidden self, bowed. Hence, a real supremacy will only be accomplished when humans are able to make all universal forces their subservient. We are still far from this Goal. Furthermore, accomplishing the subservience of Satan/inner self will accomplish the final objective of total supremacy and purpose of creation. This also not at an individual level rather at a society level. This will lead to end of present universe, and will be replaced by a totally new one. Here, in this new universe ones who have proven to be capable of making all universal forces including Satan a subservient, would be in bliss and would continuing to evolve without any further interference from this force. Whereas, the one who have fallen victims to this inner self=Satan, will know the exact fact/truth and will be left to burn in fire of remorse and anguish. They will have no chance to grow or change until mercy of their Lord rescues them.

In addition to announcing this purpose of creation of human, all limitations of this creation are also mentioned, as He has all encompassing knowledge. Than He took the follwing covenant from his creation to be able to achieve this supremacy, the purpose of creation.,

7:172
When your Lord brought forth generations in succession from the Children of Adam, and made them bear witness, “Am I not your Sustainer?” They said, “Yes, indeed. We bear witness.” Thus you cannot say on the Resurrection Day, “We were not aware of this.” [Min Zuhoorihim = From their posterirty = In succession = Their seed = One generation following another. The uninterrupted survival of mankind is a telling witness for them that their is an Almighty Sustainer of the universe]

I am your raab=sustainer for all your physical and spiritual needs, so look to me for achieving this supremacy as I know your limitations (mentioned in my post above). One of this limitation is as minute as a whisper in your mind, which is beyond your capacity to comprehend. Your means of acquiring the knowledge are limited, learning linguistically by learning Aasma=Nouns and information processed via perceptual senses. These are the only means of acquiring acknowledge mentioned in Quran, at various places.

Furthermore, story of older human generations, falling victim to their own inner whispers=satan is narrated

7:27
O Children of Adam! Let not your selfish desire deceive you as it deceived your ancestors, caused them to lose their Paradise, and exposed their imperfections. A host of selfish and rebellious desires lurk within you. You can’t even see them but these Satans see you and befriend those who do not believe.?

Even if you fall victims, to your inner prompting, turn to our guidance (now in the Quran) like your ancestors

2:37
(The solution to this catastrophe was beyond human redress.) Then Adam received Words of Guidance from his Lord and He accepted his repentance. Certainly, He is the Acceptor, the Most Merciful.

If you turn to Quran to establish, Salaat= establish divine commands given in Quran, you could start the journey to your purposed supremacy at an accelerated rate for which you are created for.

43:43
So hold fast unto what is revealed to you. For, certainly, you are on a Straight Path.
43:44
And, behold, this Reminder will give eminence to you and your people. But in time, all of you will be called to account for what you have done with it. [21]

Badar
UmeAimon

Purpose of our creation?

Post by UmeAimon »

Salam,

I really love the way every one has described the purpose of our existence and specially the way brother Ali has written. Brother Shabbir I must say although your answer was not altogether different but it was brilliant as it was sooo clear and lucid enough for anyone to understand. Congratulations on what you have achieved through this. Alhumdulillah!

As I understand this process of evolution more clearly I think now I understand till which level we humans will evolve! It is the level of meeting with our Creator Himself and this is where the state of eternity will be ; in His “Company”... as said in Quran.

After that, like Allah says, whatever He Wills will happen.

Thank you

UmeAimon
mubashir

Purpose of our creation?

Post by mubashir »

1. What is the purpose of Creation?

To learn what is important (according to His Word) and work towards achieving it and to learn to ignore/overcome that which distracts. What is important is to live in this world and do good works to serve His creation and when we die we move on to a better world where perhaps, a new assignment awaits us. If we fail, we are re-cycled and perhaps, Allah in His infinite mercy gives us another chance to do better.

2. So, if Allah is not a tyrant, then why did he send me to this world without asking me?

This is a difficult question. As Allah is Most Merciful and Compassionate, one can assume that the life given to us was based not on tyranny but out of Mercy. However, being human we cannot help thinking if we knew what the world was about perhaps we would have excused ourselves and begged not to be sent this planet!

Take Allah’s guidance for instance. When it comes down, His Messenger delivers it, explains it and lives it and provides guidance over how others should live it. When the same messenger passes away, things began to deteriorate and different interpretations of The Message start emerging due to time and distance and after a few years sectarianism and division sets in with the result that each party thinks they are the rightly guided. If we take the Qur’an we find it makes certain claims that it is easy to understand, that it is up to Allah to explain it. However, we find scores of interpretations and expositions that we have to sort through to conclude, based on our understanding, which is the closest to our perception of the Truth!! This dilemma is faced by those who speak Arabic never mind those who have to rely on translations!
Then let us take Salaat the prayer which has been emphasized repeatedly in the Qur’an. Majority of the Muslim world does not speak Arabic. Nonetheless, they continue to read it without understanding what they are saying. They either memorize a few verses (which they repeat) or if they have memorized the whole Book, they read it without knowing what they are saying? What kind of guidance would come from such an exercise especially so when the Qur’an tells us not to go near Salaat if we do not know what we are saying!!! Even when we are offering Salaat in a group, the imam reads in Arabic and we (majority non-Arabic speaking Muslims) cannot understand what is going on!! Does this make any sense? Some will say we must learn Arabic language. True perhaps but how do you implement this in the entire Muslim world speaking umpteen languages?
One more question to consider is why the Muslim World is in decline and decay for several hundreds of years in spite of having the Qur’an? No easy answers and solutions here. Even the great Allama Iqbal struggled with this in his famous poem “Shikwa”.

Then there is misery, repression, occupations, hunger, disease, holocausts, wars, killings, exploitation, ignorance, inequality, lack of justice, famine, etc. that seem to dominate all good in this world with no end in sight.

So, as a human, if I were asked if I wanted to land on such a planet, I would have probably excused myself unless I were given wisdom and real powers to effect change.

Best regards,

Mubashir
Mubashir
Toronto, Canada
Mohammed Rafi

Purpose of our creation?

Post by Mohammed Rafi »

It should be clear that agreement on part of the created can not be taken before creation. Moreover I fail to understand the rationale behind seeking approval and tyranny. It all depends upon the limits of knowledge. The Creator's knowledge is infinite beyond infinity.Every human being has to take the path of knowledge and education to finally decide for himself the ultimate goal. Life itself is confined within the limits of time and space . We could have been created like all other creations without any will, choice and decision. That would have made no difference either to God or the creations. The evolving cosmos ha spawned beings who are able not merely to watch the show, but to unravel the plot of purposeful creation. What is it that enables something as small and delicate and adapted to terrestrial life as the human brain to engage with the totality of the cosmos? This question is enough for me to live my life and probe the answers as I age. The roads maybe different but the ultimate destination remains the same......attaining the attributes of God as far as possible. The conflict between science and theism will always be there. We must remember that the word 'science' is derived from Latin 'scientia' meaning 'knowledge'. Originally it was just one of many arcane methods used to probe beyond the limitations of our senses in the hope of accessing an unseen reality.
The beauty of the Divine guidance is that it makes life liveable and interesting. It is up to us to interpret the purpose of creation and lead our lives accordingly. In this process society and social life is of supreme importance. The obscurantists have substituted this goal by rituals alone. The spirit of the Divine message has gone into the background and people like Rushdie and Gert and Taslimah etc are seen traversing the dark paths because they have taken their guidance and knowledge from the wrong sources.
We should keep our priorities intact and and properly guided
MOHAMMED RAFI
KARACHI
Dr. Shabbir

Purpose of our creation?

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

WHAT DID ALLAH GAIN BY CREATING THE UNIVERSE?

In fact, many such questions keep brewing in thinking minds. We humans are limited by our intellect but still let us ask ourselves all possible questions. Here are some from me.

XXX Does God shy away from any questions?

25:33 No question or objection do they bring to you but We reveal to you the absolute truth and its best explanation.

XXX Look at the analogy of a mother’s womb in relation to the Infinite Mercy of Allah:

1:1 BISMILLAH-IR-RAHMAN-IR-RAHEEM

With the Glorious Name of God, the Ultimate Source of Instant Beneficence and Eternal mercy Who encompasses the entire Universe, nourishing and taking care of all things for what they are meant to be; just as a mother's womb nourishes the embryo to completion without any returns.

XXX Did He create the Universe to enjoy gourmet meals?

6:14 ... He it is Who provides nourishment to all and Himself needs none.” ...

XXX Can we think of Him like us?

6:103 No vision can grasp Him while He grasps all vision. He is Unfathomable, Aware.

112:4 And there is absolutely none like Him.

LAYISA KAMITHLIHI SHAYI [Not even an example can come close to describe Him. We may know only His attributes through the Qur’an]

42:11 .... There is nothing, whatsoever like Him, not even a similitude that would come close.

XXX Does He have any want?

14:8 And Moses said, “If you deny the truth and show ingratitude, you and all on earth together, know that God is absolutely Free of want, Worthy of all praise.”

XXX Any carnal desire?

6:101 ... He never chose for Himself a mate ...

XXX Was He getting bored “up there”?

21:16 We have not created the heavens and the earth and all that is between them in mere play, or without purpose. [11]

21:17 Had We willed to find a pastime, We could have produced it within Our Presence, if such had been Our Will at all!

XXX Did He want political hegemony or imperialism by creating the Universe?

King Supreme He is. That is the only right He proclaims but His rule is the rule of law.

59:22 He is God; there is no god besides Him. Knower of all that is secret or open. He is the Instant and Sustaining Source of all Mercy and Kindness.

59:23 He is God; there is no god besides Him (no deity, no law-giver and none worthy of worship or obedience)! The King Supreme, the Impeccable, the Peace and the Source of all peace, the Guardian of faith and security, the Watcher over all things, the Majestic, All Powerful, the Superb. Glorious is God, far above what they ascribe to Him.

59:24 He is God, the Supreme Creator, the Shaper out of nothing, the Designer. His Names are the most beautiful Names, and His alone are the attributes of perfection. All things in the heavens and earth strive to manifest His glory. And He is Almighty, the Wise. [He runs the Universe in His Infinite power with His Infinite wisdom]

XXX Does He need our wealth?

47:36 The life of this world is but a sport and amusement. But if you believe and live upright, He will give you your rewards, and will not ask you to give up your wealth.

XXX Any other treasures?

15:21 There is not a thing but with Us are the treasures thereof. And We send it down but in precise measure.

XXX Is He a sadist deriving pleasure out of punishing people?

7:156 ... My punishment is but through My law. But My mercy embraces all things....

XXX Did He will to be a tyrant?

8:51 “It is the result of your deeds that you sent forth with your own hands. God is never a tyrant over His servants.” [3]

3:182 This is for what your own hands have sent forth. God is never a tyrant over His servants. [8]

XXX Any other Purpose of creating the Universe?

10:4 To Him is your return, of all of you. God’s promise is the unwavering truth. He created the first creation, and He will create it again so that every action may have its Just Recompense. Those who attain belief and work to help the society will have their just reward. And those who reject the truth, for them will be a burning draught of despair and a painful doom because of their persistent refusal to acknowledge the truth. [A consequence of their own doings. 33]

64:3 He created the heavens and earth in truth and with a Sublime purpose. And He formed you and formed you so well with beautiful potentials. And to Him is the Final destination. [Life has a sublime purpose and keeps evolving like everything else in the Cosmos. So, the death of the human body is only a transition to a higher form of life]

67:2 He has created death and life to let you go through diverse circumstances and, thus, distinguish for yourselves who would do better.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Universe has been created to fulfill the Divine Plan the hallmarks of which, according to the Quran, appear to be:

1 - All actions have their logical consequences.

2 - All things must become what they are meant to be.

3 - The Almighty Creator will bring into being another Cosmos to replace the one we now see and understand in our limited capacity.

4 - The humans will be given new higher forms.

5 - The evolution of the human ‘self’ (or ‘soul’) will continue in the life Hereafter.

6 - The new Cosmos will be even more wondrous.

7 - The life to come will be magnificent beyond our current imagination for those who have tried to develop their own ‘self’. It will entail true
felicitous immortality with exponentially advanced capabilities. This is termed the Garden or the Paradise and explained in the Quran by way of allegories – allegories since the exact comprehension thereof is beyond our current level of understanding. And that is why the life of this world is a Divine Gift of opportunity, yet, in comparison, a ‘fleeting delight’.

8 – Those who fail to use their God-given potentials to grow their own ‘self’ will merely survive in a state of ‘neither living nor dying’. The Book of God calls that state as Hellfire. Once again, it has been described in allegories like other things that belong to the World of the Unseen.

9 – It is the mercy of God that people will be accountable only for their endeavor, and not for the results they achieve. The individual capacities that God has given them will be duly considered in the Final Judgment. God does not task any person beyond his scope and beyond what He has given him. A sincere effort made in a noble cause is always rewarded even if it did not succeed, since it leaves its positive imprints on the ‘Self”.

17:44 All the seven Highs and their Lows, and all beings in them are working His Plan, displaying that He is Praiseworthy. All creatures are playing their role in the Universe. In your present state of knowledge, you do not understand their exact modes of action. God, the Clement, the Absolver of imperfections, sustains and maintains them in Order.
Wassalam,
SA