Programming The Universe-Quranic Umm Al Kitab and the Univer

All new discoveries and discussions on present Scientific Knowledge and Theories and how they interact with Islamic thinking.
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Programming The Universe by Seth Lloyd.
A Quantum Computer Scientist Takes On The Cosmos

The universe is made of bits. The way in which the universe registers and processes information determines what it is and how it behaves. It has been known for more than a century that every piece of the universe - every electron, atom, and molecule - registers bits of information. It is only in the last ten years, however, with the discovery and development of quantum computers, that scientists have gained a fundamental understanding of just how that information is registered and processed. Seth Lloyd calls this fundamental understanding of the universe in terms of information processing 'the computational universe', and the purpose of this book is to show how the programmed, computational universe works. Starting from basic concepts of physics, Programming the Universe shows how all physical systems register information. It gives an accessible account of how information is stored and processed at the level of electrons, atoms, and molecules. It shows how the information processing power of the universe can be harnessed to build quantum computers and explains how the universe itself behaves like a gigantic computer, transforming and processing information. It traces the history of information processing from the big bang to the present day, and reveals how the computational ability of the universe promotes the evolution of complex structures such as life. Programming the Universe is the story of the universe and the bits it is made of.

In the Quran the same information is told about a Universal record. The Arabic word Kitaab which is used means writing/scripture/book/something that contains written information/letter/recording. Umm means Source, Principle, Origin, Prototype. In verse 13:39 it says:

يَمْحُو اللّهُ مَا يَشَاء وَيُثْبِتُ وَعِندَهُ أُمُّ الْكِتَابِ
13:39 God blots out and establishes communities according to His laws.
Nations rise and fall accordingly, and with Him is the Ultimate Decree.
[Ummul Kitaab = The Ultimate Decree = Divine Database]

All of the information that controls the Universe is written in the Quantum Field's Laws:

6:38 (There are miracles in the Universe to behold). All creatures on earth and all the birds that fly on two wings are communities like you. We did not omit any knowledge from this Book that was essential to be given through Revelation. All these creatures are part of the Divine Plan and they are together working the Plan of their Lord.
6:59 With Him are the keys of the Unseen. (None but He knows the subtle processes and their stages where actions culminate into their logical outcome). He knows everything in the land and in the sea. Not even a leaf falls without His knowledge. Neither is there a grain in the dark depths of the soil, nor anything fresh or withered, that He knows not. But all is written in the Open Book of the Universe around you.
11:6 There is not a creature in the earth but its sustenance depends on Allah. He is Aware of its habitation and of the needs of His creation at every stage (6:99). He carries them from one station to another until the final destination. His Laws are preserved in the Clear Book of Decree, the Divine Database (55:29).
27:75 And there is nothing hidden in the heaven and the earth but it is in a clear Record.
43:4 And, verily, in the Source of Decrees with Us, it is indeed sublime,
decisive.

But also all of our deeds are recorded and archived inside the Quantum Field:

4:81 They express verbal allegiance to the System, “It is Obedience!” But when they go away from you a party of them spends the night in planning against the Belief System you preach. They discuss ways to corrupt the Message. Allah records what they plan by night.Ignore them, go ahead with your Program and trust in Allah (6:107). Allah is Sufficient as Guardian.
10:21 When We cause people to taste of Mercy after they have suffered a hardship, they start scheming to defy Our Commands. Say, “Allah is more Swift in planning. Our couriers write down what you plot.”
17:71 But one Day We shall summon all human beings with their records. One who is given his record in the right hand will read it in jubilation. This will be a symbol of success for them, and they will receive their rewards without the least reduction.
19:79 Nay, We shall record what he says, and prolong for him a span of torment.
36:12 Verily, We give life to the dead, and We record all they send before them and their footprints. And all things and events are recorded in a Clear Record. (What the humans do, the imprints of their actions on their “Self” and what they leave for posterity).

43:19 And they ‘make’ the angels who are servants of the Beneficent, females. Did they witness their creation? Their testimony will be recorded, and they will be called to account (for their false claims).
43:80 Or do they think that We do not hear their secret plans and private meetings? Yes indeed, We do, and Our envoys are with them, recording. (10:21).
45:29 “This Our Record tells the truth about you. Behold, We arranged for all your doings to be meticulously recorded.
50:4 (But) We know what the earth takes of them. (It is only their physical
body that becomes dust. Their “Self” lives on). And with Us is a Guarded
Book (of Laws).
50:18 Not even a word can he utter but there is an ever-vigilant watcher with him. (The Law of Requital makes a meticulous record).
57:22 No disaster befalls the earth, nor yourselves but according to the Laws that We have already recorded in the Book of Decrees. Verily, all this is easy for Allah.
69:18-20 On the Day you will be brought, not a single hidden deed of yours will remain hidden. Then he who is given his record in his right hand, will say, “Come all of you around! Read this my record. Behold, I always thought that my account would be given to me.”
69:25-26 But as for him who is given his record in his left hand, he will say, "Oh, I wish I was never given my record. And knew not my account.
78:29 But We place on Record everything.

As you can see, all the theories on the Quantum Field coincide directly with the Qur’an.
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dearest AY, AA

I am, and many will be, overjoyed to hear from you.

May God bless you!
Wassalam,
SA