Wasif Ali Wasif

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Razwan Iqbal

Wasif Ali Wasif

Post by Razwan Iqbal »

AA

not sure if I should have posted this in the other section, but here goes
Has anybody read any of the books by Wasif Ali Wasif.
What's the general views about this author.
read a small part of one of the books and it was claimed that Wasif Ali Wasif and one of his companions are regular attendees to the conference held by non other then Prophet Mohammed SAW in the caves of Heera. that kind of distorted my views of them but would love to get some other opinions about this.

thank you

kind regards

Razwan
---------------------------------

Dear brother, AA

Wasif Ali Wasif was a very intelligent Sufi writer in Pakistan. I think he died in 2000. He being a companion of the exalted prophet is nothing but wishful thinking of some of his ardent disciples.

Dr. Shabbir
Razwan Iqbal

Wasif Ali Wasif

Post by Razwan Iqbal »

Any comments at all.
thanks greatly appreciated

kind regards

Razwan
Arnold Yasin Mol

Wasif Ali Wasif

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam,

I do not know much of how people or his followers perceived Wasif Ali Wasif. But I do not believe he believed himself any nonsense as such. Maybe others can tell more.

An author is best understood through his writings, and these are very good and I have not detected any weird ideas as what you mentioned.

He is Sufi, but his writings are very political and progressive. But a Sufi will remain a Sufi :D

But he has his little diamonds:

"Whatever explanation of Truth, Allah the Most High, has vouchsafed in the Quran, should suffice for man's guidance. Any wish to have further clarification may raise the question of his getting deluded. We are not suppossed to ask Allah why He did so and did not do so. On the contrary, we are to remain prepared to face Allah's question why we did so and did not do so."

Wasif Ali Wasif-"The Beaming Soul" also known as "Kiran Kiran Sooraj" Page 78-79
Mohammed Rafi

Wasif Ali Wasif

Post by Mohammed Rafi »

I have read some his books. He was not formally educated . He encouraged people to ask questions and most of his answers were wise. To me he appeared more inclined towards Shia beliefs. As usual his friends and companions turned him into an Awlia, a Sufi or whatever.
MOHAMMED RAFI
KARACHI