Allah's Support :)

Welcome to New and Improved Beacon Forum. Here all General Discussions and News items can be posted and discussed.
UmeAimon

Post by UmeAimon »

"..if they refuse, be sure that Allah is your protector-the the best to Protect and the best to help" 8:40

AslamoAlikom!

This message is a bit personal. I have been visiting this forum for a week now. Didn’t know what to write for everytime I visited I was too happy to just read every word of all brothers and sisters. I cannot thank Allah enough for everything He has given me in life and everything He keeps giving whenever I ask including this forum :) . It’s such a relief to find people who think the same way and I am sure there are many people still looking for this support.

My story is short but I wanted to share it with people because I know I don’t matter but WE do! I want to tell there are people who are listening to there senses not desires and encourage those who are still thinking to set their feet on the right path and people who have joined in this mission.

I was born in hanafi sunni muslim family. My parents although not too conservative did best to make me what they knew of to be good muslims. Five pillars of Islam mostly rituals they have known and so taught us too right from the childhood. Not going to extremes they ever forced anything on us and never practised something they found not practical like covering from head to toe, but modestly. Like many other muslims who have just a bit of sense there were a lot of things I was never satisfied with including ahadiths that made no sense and sometimes downgrading humans specially women but NO ONE was supposed to question like five pillars of Islam it was instilled in our minds that religion knowledge is for the scholars so let them decide on our behalf.

I was never satisfied with this theory but little I knew truly about the message most of the surrahs of which I had learned by heart. I decided to explore on my own few years ago and started reading different translations and taffasers only to find them more and more just plainly misleading! I kept notes, asked questions from so called Alims, read about any fiqh I could get my hands on only to my dismay.. and then one day it was all too clear ..
“Certainly it’s the book without any doubts and guidance for those who want to be on the right path and fear Allah only” 2:2
The rest of journey Allah helped me and here I am. It never bothered me if people including my parents thought someone mislead me for all they could say in rep[ly was "are you saying you know the right thing while people who’d spend time of their lives double your age in the way of Allah are wrong.". What bothered me was how I will ever be able to tell them that what I found out is truth and nothing new!
and just when I started to feel lonely Allah showed me the light once again. Now I feel just sorry for those who don’t even try to find the truth.
Now it may sound emotional but it’s the truth coming right from my heart.:)

I am going through QXP”2” now a days. Only half way through but feel great comfort and contentment reading it. I would like to thank Dr. Shabir for his sincere and courageous endeavour may Allah reward you and all team for everything and keep us all on the right tract.

jazakAllah
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam Aleikum,

And thank you for sharing your story! Many of us have gone through the same ordeals. Although I didn't grew up as a Muslim, I was very influential in my Muslim surroundings after I converted. When I started to ask to many questions, I had become a kafr. Now they have found a balance with me, and now I'm even setting up history classes in Mosques.

It is for Allah we have to explain ourselves, not our family or friends. This is hard, but this is part of being of the first movement back to the Truth. It is a slow evolution, as we have change minds who are formed through 3000 years of thinking.

If there is anything, mail me or the group, or post it on the forum. We are here for you.
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Welcome, dear sister!

Arnold has responded beautifully as always.

We are happy for you.

May Allah increase all of us in knowledge.
Wassalam,
SA
UmeAimon

Post by UmeAimon »

Salam,

Thank you Mr. Arnorld and Mr. Shabbir for you kind responses. True about answering to Allah only. I just want to do more and dont know how as I am not very good at speaking whats on my mind probably. Still i think as actions speak louder than words I try my best but need to work on my communication skills too. :)
I'll ask many questions in future, inshahAllah. Thank you once again.

Allah Hafiz