Does the Qur'an preach telling lies? Email response

What is the Deen, System of Life, according to the Quran, and how and why is Islam a challenge to Religion?
Dr. Shabbir

Does the Qur'an preach telling lies? Email response

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Assalamu alaikum Dr. Shabbir,

WA ALAIKUM ASSALAM!

I'm so happy to hear that you have a diagnosis for your health problem
and that the treatment is so easy. But please don't overdo the work!!!!
AL-HAMDULILLAH! ALTHOUGH I AM NO WORKOHOLIC, I CAN?T WASTE ANY AMOUNT OF TIME.

I have a question that's been bothering me ever since the Congressman
wanted to take his oath on the Qur'an instead of the Bible. Critics have said that the Qur'an allows Muslims to lie and they quote 16:106 as proof.
(Obviously they're not using QXP.)

16:106 "Anyone who utters unbelief, after accepting faith in Allah, except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in faith, is different from the one who is fully content with disbelief. The latter group invites Allah's Requital, and theirs is an awful doom. "

I don't think I really understand this verse either, but it seems to me that it's talking about accepting Islam, not about committing some treachery or deceit. Could you please help me understand?

THE SUBJECT IS RESTRICTED TO UTTERING BELIEF/DISBELIEF IN ALLAH AND INVOLVES UNDULY RISKING ONE'S LIFE . PLEASE SEE THE VERSES BELOW. GOD IS MAGNANIMOUS ENOUGH NOT TO GET OFFENDED BY UTTERANCE OF DISBELIEF IN HIM. THE RIGHT BELIEF IS ONLY GOOD FOR US.

14:8 And Moses said, "If you disbelieve, you and all on earth together, yet Allah is indeed Self-Sufficient needing none, Owner of Praise."

BTW, I really like the new forum. I've been lurking quite a bit.

OH, I DON'T!
ANOTHER PROOF THAT YOU ARE A YOUNGSTER. THEY LOVE
IT.

FI AMANILLAH!

6:145 Say, "I do not find in the Revelation given to me, any food that is
prohibited for one who wishes to eat except: Carrion (dead meat), or running blood, or the flesh of swine, for verily, it is a barrier to the moral development. Or, anything (not just meat) that has been, in
defiance to Commands, has been dedicated to other than Allah." If one is forced by dire need without being deliberate and without transgressing, your Lord is Forgiving, Merciful. (2:173, 5:3. 'Rijs' = Unclean = Disapproved = Contaminated = Foul = A barrier to moral development. Science still needs to learn how pork can be a barrier to morality. 'Fisq' = Deviation =
Abomination = In defiance of Divine Commands = Disobedience of God = Drifting away from reason)

16:106 Anyone who utters unbelief, after attaining faith in Allah, except
under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in faith, is different from
the one who is fully content with disbelief. The latter group invites Allah's
Requital, and theirs is an awful doom. [See 6:145, 14:8. If someone is
bent upon killing a Muslim unless he denies God, he may do so to save
his life. The subject is restricted to uttering belief/disbelief in God, and involves unduly risking one's life]

Thank you, and may Allah reward you for helping me clarify the rendition
of a verse!
Wassalam,
SA