Dr Shabbir

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
Humghal

Dr Shabbir

Post by Humghal »

I just heard that Dr Shabbir has passed away, I saw his janaza announcement on our masjid forum, what happened to him, I saw him back in July, May Allah have mercy on him, Ameen
ualis123

Re: Dr Shabbir

Post by ualis123 »

Salamun Alaikum,

Can someone confirm it from the family member?
If it is true, my heartfelt condolences to the family, and may Allah grant him the highest place in Jannah
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Salamun Alaikum all

Unfortunately, it is true! With heavy heart I have to confirm that our beloved Dr Shabbir has left us.

He had been complaining of chest pain and weakness lately. They called 911 and performed CPR and took him to the hospital. But he was no more.

His Janazah and burial was held yesterday in Orlando.

You can reach Shahzad, his eldest son at
shahzadesq@gmail.com

Inna lillahi wa Inna ilaihi rajioon

- Yusuf Desai
ualis123

Post by ualis123 »

Lalu321

Post by Lalu321 »

Ameen
jawaidahmed

Re: Dr Shabbir has departed this earth

Post by jawaidahmed »

I was hoping the news of our beloved brother Dr Saab's demise was untrue but waited for the inevitable outcome of all souls.
He will be sadly missed.
His contribution to Qur'anic understanding and Islam in general will be a glowing tribute to his life which will never die as we, his kindergarten students, will carry this forwards.
He has left this earth and his next stage awaits him, which was beautifully translated by him in:

2:4 And those who choose to believe in what has been revealed to you (O Messenger) and the truth in what was revealed before your times. And they have conviction in the laws of Requital, and, therefore, in the Life Hereafter. [Similar were the blessed people who believed in and followed the previous Scriptures. Men and women of understanding use their faculty of reasoning and understand that human intellect has its limits. It can tell people what is, but it cannot tell what ought to be. The human intellect is also affected by emotional, cultural and environmental conditions. They understand that Divine Revelation economizes human effort and time on trial and error. They also realize that life is no vain sport. It has a sublime purpose and keeps evolving like everything else in the Universe. So, the death of the human body is only a transition to a higher form of life for the human ‘self’. Thus, they have conviction in the Hereafter. This can be likened to the birth of a baby who leaves the mother’s womb and moves on to a new and higher level of existence. Anyone failing to believe in the immortality of Nafs (‘Self’ or 'Soul'), bars himself from seeing life in its totality and, therefore, toils through this life without a higher objective. The higher objective is to live by permanent moral values and thus attain an immortal life in Paradise
Lalu321

Post by Lalu321 »

Respected and distinguished brother Jawaid,

My heart fell when I received a text message from an elder brother Malik confirming this while I was at a family celebration gathering.

There are no adequate words to explain what he has done and left for the forum and others.

I am aware that even a few select individuals who possess mixed thoughts and feelings about the forum are now engaged and feeling the loss.

WS
Lalu
mrazik

Post by mrazik »

Very sad to know that Dr. Shabbir left this world.

Due to him I was able to break the shackle of N2I, when he replied to my question about claim made by Prof. Hamidullah about finding the manuscript copies of Sahifa Hammam ibn Munabbih.

I am feeling a very personal loss.

Razi Khan
Ahad khan

Post by Ahad khan »

Dr Sahib…

You have ignited the light us so many hearts.

I shall forever be grateful for that.

Allah apka hami o nasir ho .
1RationalThinker

Post by 1RationalThinker »

We deep sadness and a heavy heart I express my condolence to a brother and a teacher. His memory will live with me always.

Badar Habib,
Oklahoma