About Miracle

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
zakiryne

About Miracle

Post by zakiryne »

Salam Alaikum,

I am wondering if there is any topic covered here on miracles based on Quran? Any documents/ literature that I can read on it?

Thanks!

Zaki
abdalazizariff

Re: About Miracle

Post by abdalazizariff »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgLV1hGq-ks

Moajza (Miracle) Ki Haqeeqat or Qurani Mafhoom complete by Ghulam Ahmed Parwez

urdu-1hour and 11 minutes
its worth it
jawaidahmed

Re: About Miracle

Post by jawaidahmed »

Here is a chapter from my book, Qur'anic Thoughts, volume 1 in the Qur'an unchained series, on miracles
17. Miracles

A miracle, as defined in the Oxford dictionary, “is an extraordinary and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore attributed to a divine agency”. Most Muslims believe in miracles performed through or by earlier Messengers of Allah as well as the last Messenger, or that miracles occurred at the time of the Messenger to show he was a ‘true’ messenger. What does the Qur’an have to say about this?
6:34 Messengers before you were denied and opposed. They steadfastly faced persecution until Our help reached them. There is none to alter the decisions, laws and Words of God. Some history of the Messengers has already come to you and sets examples for you. [6:116, 10:64, 17:77, 18:27, 33:38, 33:62, 40:85, 48:23]
6:35 If their rejection is hard on you, (remember they would still not believe) even if you were able to seek a tunnel in the ground or a ladder to the sky and bring them a miracle. If it were God's will, He could assemble them together to true guidance. So, do not be among those who are swayed by ignorance (about free will given to humans). [God wants His servants to reflect and make free choices. 2:256, 10:98-99, 12:108]
6:36 Only those can accept the truth who hear and listen (with an open mind). As for the dead, God will raise them up, then they will be returned to Him (and He will make all of them understand). [2:260, 10:100. The living dead will only hear when they use their faculties]
6:37 They say, "If only a miracle could come down to him from his Lord!" Say, "God has the Power to send down a miracle, but most of them do not use their knowledge." [He does not wish to stun the human intellect with supernatural phenomena. He wants people to reflect and use reason. 12:108]

These verses set the criteria as to what people should believe regarding miracles: there were none. Allah says that those who want signs or miracles are ignorant and are completely missing the point about the true Message of the Qur’an that was revealed to the Messenger as well as to previous Messengers. This is reiterated in the following verses:
6:109 They swear by God that if a miracle comes to them, they would then believe in it (the Book). Say, "All miracles are with God (if you reflect on the Universe). What can make you understand that even if a physical miracle came to them, they would find other excuses and still not believe?
6:110 Our laws keep their hearts and their eyes turned away from the truth. Since they have pre-emptively rejected it (the Qur’an), We let them wander blindly in their rebellious attitude.
6:111 Even if We caused the angels to descend to them, and the dead to speak to them, and lined up all the miracles before them, they would not believe. People can be guided only according to God's laws, but most of them choose the way of ignorance.
6:112 Remember, We have appointed to every Messenger enemies. The rebellious among the urban and the rural populations rose in opposition (since the Message struck at their personal interests.) They plotted and inspired each other with fancy words. If your Lord willed, they would not do that. Disregard them and whatever they fabricate.
6:113 Those who love quick gains and neglect the long-term benefits and the Hereafter, are parties to such fabrications. Let them delight in it and let them earn from it what they may.
6:114 (Say) "Shall I seek for Judge and Ruler someone other than God? He is the One Who has revealed this Book, well expounded in detail for you." Those whom We have given the Book know that this is revealed in truth from your Lord. Be not among those who argue for the sake of argument.
6:115 Completed is the Word of your Lord in truth and justice. None can change His Words. He is the Profound Hearer, the Knower. [6:34, 6:115,
10:64, 17:77, 18:27, 33:38, 33:62, 40:85, 48:23]
6:116 (People will confront you with what the majority is doing, as proof of right and wrong.) Now if you pay heed to, or get intimidated by majority of those who live on earth, they will lead you astray from God's way. Most of the people follow nothing but conjecture and they only live by guesswork.
6:117 Only your Lord (shows the right path and) knows best those who stray and those who are rightly guided.

The Messenger performed no miracles and it was evil men who wanted to twist, cover, and dishonour themselves by asking and looking for miracles instead of listening and understanding the message of the Qur’an. All Messengers had to deal with them and they were the ones with a vested interest in the false beliefs and practices of their time, who would lose the most on this earth if they followed the true Message of Allah. They were blind to the benefits that would be obtained if the whole society adopted Islam and blind to the rewards of the life in the hereafter.
4:153 (O Messenger) People of the Scripture ask you to bring a published book from the heaven. They made a greater demand to Moses when they said, "Show us God face to face." And their psyche was such that when a bolt of lightning struck around them, they fell in fear. They had chosen to do wrong. After that, they chose the calf for worship although they had seen the Manifest truth. Yet, We pardoned them and gave Moses evident authority (for their guidance). [2:55]

All Messengers were asked to perform miracles but those who did not want to believe still would not believe after they were performed. It is reading, understanding and then having true conviction in the teachings of Allah that is advocated in the Qur’an and by all previous Messengers. According to the Bible, Moses supposedly performed countless miracles while trying to free the Jews from Egypt, yet when he went up the mountain for forty days what did they do? They built the golden calf and reverted to idol worship! What good did these supposed miracles achieve? They did not have the mental capacity to believe in the true teachings given to Moses by Allah and ended up needing forty years of wandering in the desert in order to bring about a new generation who were raised according to Divine Guidance and hence have their idolatrous ways eliminated.

More Evidence
17:89 We have used Tasreef to explain The Qur’an in many facets for mankind. However, most people (due to arrogance, prejudice or blind following) remain ungrateful by rejecting such clear guidance. [17:41]
17:90 (Instead of reflecting on it, they keep demanding physical miracles) and they say, "We will not believe in you until you cause a spring to gush forth from the earth."
17:91 "Or unless you bring a garden of date palms and grape vines and cause rivers to gush forth in their midst."
17:92 "Or make the sky fall on us, as you keep warning us about retribution, or bring God and the angels face to face before us." [26:187, 6:35]
17:93 "Or unless you have a dazzling house of gold or unless you climb into the sky. But, nay, we will not believe your climbing unless you bring a written book that we can read." Tell them, "Glorified is my Lord! Am I more than a human, a Messenger?"
17:94 Yet whenever guidance came to people, nothing kept them from believing as much as this objection, "Would God send a mortal man as His Messenger?"
17:95 Say, "If angels walked about and dwelled on the earth, We would have sent an angel from the heaven as Messenger." [43:60]
17:96 Tell them, "God suffices as witness between me and you. Surely, He is fully Aware of His servants." [The outcome through His laws will prove who is right]
17:97 One who follows God's Guidance is the rightly guided. And to go astray, He lets him go astray. You will not find any protectors for such of them besides Him. On the Day of Resurrection, We will assemble them prone on their faces, unable to see, speak and hear. (They chose to live blind, dumb and deaf.) Hell is their abode, and every time its flames abate, Our laws will increase for them its blazing flame.

The Messenger was only a man and as such he could do nothing except by the Power and Authority of Allah. And Allah has written clearly in the Qur’an that even if miracles happened, the ignorant would remain non-believers so why would He do these? Man makes the natural a miracle and creates the fiction of miracles. "God made man in His image" means having a free will and is not about physical form (since Allah has no form and is beyond our perception), but mankind wants to make God in our image. Man wants to make God have human emotions: anger, love, jealousy, vengefulness, etc., and human beings, Messengers that are from God must prove themselves by way of the miraculous. Anyone from God must be different from us and they must do things that no other human being can do. They have to be special, for how can an ordinary man be chosen by God to be a Messenger? Hence, they have to perform!
Ignorance breeds miracles. When the Roman Catholic Church was in full swing throughout a large swathe of Europe, they had a special group of priests responsible for verifying miraculous acts (it is still a part of the Vatican hierarchy). Miraculous healings, visions, supernatural events were all investigated and, more often than not, believed to be Divine intervention in the natural order. Now we are living in an age of science, and these acts are shown for what they really are: misunderstood natural phenomena or deception on the part of charlatans. Muslims have fared no better when "Pirs", Saints, or Holy men are venerated by thousands at their shrines for miraculous acts that they supposedly did. When the Qur’an confirms that there are no such things as miracles performed by the Messengers, then how can other people do them? We are locked into the mental age of ignorance where miracles are believed rather than what the Qur’an tells us.

The Age of Science
Look at how ordered and wonderful this universe is which confirms the Creator:
3:189 Unto God belongs the Kingdom of the heavens and earth. And God, having Power over all things and events, has appointed laws in due measure. [10:4, 34:3-4, 53:31]
3:190 Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are signs for men and women who use their intellect.
3:191 [Such men and women of understanding keep reflecting upon how God's laws operate in the Universe] Standing, sitting, and reclining, they reflect upon the wonders of creation in the skies and earth, saying, "Our Lord! You have not created all this without purpose. Glory to You! Save us, then, from (being negligent in attaining knowledge and thus from) the doom of the fire." [When humans harness the forces in Nature and use them for the common good of all, they move away from Hell, rightfully hoping to achieve paradise in both lives. 13:17, 45:13-14]
3:192 (Reflecting on the Universe and upon their own role on the Planet, such people work for the betterment of humanity 13:17. They say), "Our Lord! Any individuals and nations whom You admit into the fire, You have brought them low (for failing to harness the forces in Nature)." There are no helpers for those who choose to do wrong, and thus, hurt themselves. [Zaalimeen translated according to the context]
Science, knowledge, understanding, reflection, pondering, leads to confirming Allah and not the false belief in miracles. It will be a miracle if the miraculous is ever removed from the mentality of man!
30:58 We have given numerous examples in the Qur’an for mankind. But even if you came with a miracle, the opponents of truth would say, "You are only falsifiers."
30:59 In this way does God seal the hearts of those who wish not to learn.
30:60 Remain then, steadfast and remember that God's promise is always True. So let not those who lack conviction perturb you.

The last verse is one that I am trying to apply in my life, by bringing forth the truth of the Qur’an for my and others enlightenment. It has been buried beneath twelve hundred years of ancestral worship so it is no easy task.
2:116 But they say, "God has begotten a son." Be He Glorified - Never! To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth. All things and beings are humbly subservient to Him. [He needs no helpers, associates or offspring to manifest His Majesty, and there is none like unto Him. 112:1-4. The father of a physical son could not be omnipresent]
2:117 Originator of the heavens and the earth: when He decrees a matter, He but says to it "Be," and it is. [Qaul = Saying = Thought. Badee' = Initiator = Originator = Who creates from nothing = The Impeccable Creator]
2:118 Those without knowledge say, "Why not God speaks to us, or why not a miracle comes to us?" Even thus, as they now speak, spoke those before them. Their hearts and minds are alike. We have made clear the messages for any people who wish to attain conviction. [These messages and signs in the Universe are self-evident. 2:108, 2:256, 18:29, 42:51, 76:3]
2:119 We have sent you (O Messenger) with the Decisive Truth as a bearer of glad tidings and as a warner. But you will not be questioned about the companions of the blazing fire. [13:40. Jaheem = Blazing fire = 46 Insurmountable Barrier to the development of the human 'self' = Figuratively, Hell. The human 'self' can make progress only by accepting Divine Laws and doing good to God's creations. See the author's note at the end of this rendition for an understanding of Self-actualization, Afterlife, Paradise and Hellfire]
2:120 Yet, never will the Jews be pleased with you, nor will the Christians, unless you follow their form of religion. Say, "God's Guidance - it is the only Guidance." And if you follow their wishes and errant views after the Knowledge that has come to you, then you will find no ally or helper against God. [7:3, 10:109, 13:37. It is not a matter of my religion or your religion. Al-Qur’an is the updated, unadulterated Message from the same Creator Who revealed the previous Scriptures]
2:121 Those to whom We have given the Book study and follow it as it should be studied and followed. They are the ones who truly believe in it. And whoever rejects it, such are the losers. [10:58]

Belief in miracles is denying the truth and adding manmade ideas to the Word of Allah which no longer becomes the only source of Guidance. In truth, the majority are not muslim as they are not submitting to Allah alone, but are Bukharians, for believing everything he has written.

The Qur’an Misunderstood/Twisted
Messengers throughout history are reported to have performed miracles. The Qur’an has been understood to show some of these but the mistranslation of words to suit what people believe rather than the truth that it really means. The following concerns Jesus and the word lepers, Yusuf Ali translation:
3:49 And (appoint him) an apostle to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if you did believe;

The word abras in Arabic means a discolouration of the skin and not leprosy which is used here because of the influence of the Bible. Abras also has the meaning of desolation, so the true meaning of the above verse is for Jesus to bring Divine Revelation to change the miserable state the Jews had fallen into. Why does Allah give us guidance if not to better ourselves?
3:49 And He will be a Messenger to the Children of Israel. He will say to them, "I come to you with revelation from your Lord. If you follow me, I will raise you from dust to the heights of glory by the command of God (7:176). The blind among you will begin to see the truth. Those of you who are spotted with sin, I will heal them, and I shall grant real life to those who are just dragging on without purpose; all by God's leave, according to His laws. I am here to establish justice and equity. I shall see to it how much you hoard in your houses and how much you spend on the community. My teachings are sufficient signs for you to believe."

Moon Splitting
I am not going to go through every allegorical verse of the Qur’an to show you their true meaning, but the following is another example where some may say that the Qur’an depicts a miracle:
54:1The Hour (of Judgment) is near, and the moon is cleft asunder.
This has been explained by some scholars to show that the Moon was seen by many people at the time of the Messenger to have gone behind a mountain and then to have split so that both halves could be seen either side of the mountain before re-joining again. Some Muslims have Moon pictures showing a line down the Moon where the split occurred; NASA and my telescope have failed to see this! A false, modern, scholar has said that it actually depicts the splitting of the Moon when the American astronauts went to it in 1969 and brought back rock samples! Look at the verse again and you can see that the moon landing theory is completely wrong since the "Hour is near" and not fourteen hundred years in the future! As to the Moon splitting and re-joining again, where does it say that? "The moon is cleft asunder" does not mean it can re-join again. It has something to do with a permanent split. We have just seen from the Qur’an that Allah has said there would be no miracles, so how can Allah then tell us that He split the Moon and then joined it again in a miraculous act? Is Allah playing with us or trying to show that the Qur’an has contradictions? The verse can only be understood if we remember that the Qur’an has both clear and allegorical verses, so this verse must be allegorical; it has a meaning beyond its mere literal interpretation. Read the correct understanding of the verses of this Surah in context and we have the following:
54:1 The Hour of Revolution is fast approaching. And the moon bearing banner is torn asunder. [The use of the past participle here and at many other points in the Qur’an reflects the certainty of things to happen. As-Saa'ah = The Hour = The Last Hour = The Revolution = The decisive moment = Resurrection. Shaqqal Qamar is usually given the literal translation = The moon is split. Then there are fabricated Ahadith which go on to say that the exalted Messenger split the moon into two halves pointing a finger at it! Additional reports want us to believe that one half of the moon then came down, entered the collar of the Messenger and exited through his sleeve. Not only all this is contrary to the Qur’an and to reason, the whole story defeats its own validity. It fails to name a single person present there who was awestruck by this 'miracle' and embraced the Message as a result. The Qur’an is a Book consistent with itself and vehemently rejects any notions contrary to reason and to the changeless universal laws. Moreover, attainment of belief is a matter of choice. God does not will to compel or coerce anyone into believing. Stunning the human intellect by means of 'miracles' would counter this Divine Laws]
54:2 But when they see a sign of the oncoming change, they turn away and say, "A persistent bewilderment." [46:11]
54:3 They adamantly deny the truth and follow their desires. Yet, everything moves to its destination in stages.
54:4 And there has come to them news sufficient to deter them from arrogance.
54:5 And profound wisdom! But all the warnings have been of no avail.
54:6 Therefore, (O Messenger) ignore them for a while. The Day is coming when the caller will call them to a thing they have not perceived. [Utter humiliation when they come to attack the believers]
54:7 They will come forth from their places of rest like a swarm of locusts, but will be thoroughly dispersed with their eyes downcast.
54:8 Running in bewilderment toward the caller, the same deniers will then say, "This is a difficult day."
54:9 Long before them, Noah's people had denied the Message, rejected Our servant and said, "Madman", and he was rebuked. [11:25-48] 548
54:10 Thereupon he cried to his Lord, "I am overwhelmed. Do help me, then."
54:11 And so, We opened the gates of the sky pouring down torrents of water.
54:12 And caused the earth to gush forth springs so that the waters met together in due measure as decreed.
54:13 And We carried him on a watercraft made of mere planks and nails.
54:14 And it floated before Our eyes, a reward for him who had been denied with ingratitude.
54:15 We left this event as a lesson. Then, is there any who will learn?
54:16 Then see how was My requital after My warnings!
54:17 We have made the Qur’an easy to understand. Then, is there any who will learn?

The Messenger had been sent as a warner to mankind that the Last Revelation of Allah had been given to him and that the consequences of disobeying would be terrible. Noah gave a similar warning and his people were drowned in a local flood while he floated away with his family and a few domesticated animals. Noah gave a warning and then it came to pass: those that rejected him were drowned on their judgement day, whilst those who believed were saved. This judgement day comes to all peoples; sometimes it occurs quickly while sometimes it takes a long time, all depending on the criterion laid down by Allah.
The Messenger's duty was to utilise the Qur’an and establish Allah's laws on earth. Those who rejected them would have their judgement day. They would be "admonished" by Allah by way of the Messenger and the Qur’anic System he set up. "Nigh" means near so this was not the prelude to the big Day of Judgement in the future, when all of mankind will be raised up from the dead to take into account their life's deeds, but a local judgement day similar to that of Noah. History tells us that the Messenger was successful in creating a new, dynamic society in Arabia, starting in Medina, then Mecca, and then most of the world by way of the Caliphs that succeeded him. Those in Mecca that had opposed him, those who tortured and murdered Muslims, were eventually overthrown when the Messenger and his followers entered into Mecca and Islam was established over the idol worshippers. Similarly, the great Persian Empire was overthrown by "a group of rag-wearing desert Arabs", as described by a defeated Persian ruler, and this was the splitting of the Moon. From Hidden Religion: The Greatest Mysteries and Symbols of the World's Religious ... “Some historians have suggested that the star and crescent entered Islam through Persia, where it was the chosen symbol of an ancient moon goddess cult. Evidence also suggests that the symbol was associated with the kingdom of Pondus, a Persian dynasty of Greek and Persian origin that existed from 281 to 63BCE. The crescent and star may also have been associated with the cults of Mithras, syncretic Roman religions inspired by Persian spirituality”
The Persians had a long history with the Moon and the crescent Moon was later adopted by the Muslims and became an "Islamic" symbol (from idolatrous to Islamic symbol, well done!). However, before this, as I have said, the symbolism belonged to the Persians, and when the Messenger sent out messengers to the surrounding rulers to invite them to Islam, the Persians were quick to ridicule and dismiss the Messenger. The Persian rulers paid a great price for this because within a few years the forces commanded by Caliph Omar routed the Persian armies and established Islam in this once great, unconquerable empire. The Moon was split by this overthrowing of the Persians. Judgement fell upon the false pride and arrogance of the Persians who believed they were divinely ordained to rule their empire. And this was not about spreading ‘Islam’ at the point of the sword but freeing oppressed peoples from the tyranny of their rulers.

The Hadith To Explain It All?
We have Allah explaining the truth to us in the Qur’an, but we are told we need the so-called sayings of the Messenger to explain the Qur’an to us as revealed by Bukhari.
Volume 6, Book 61, Number 504: Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Messenger said, "Every Messenger was given miracles because of which people believed, but what I have been given, is Divine Inspiration which Allah has revealed to me. So, I hope that my followers will outnumber the followers of the other Messengers on the Day of Resurrection."

Even the Messenger said there will be no miracles except the Qur’an. Unfortunately, the rightly guided Muslims are being outnumbered by the backward, Mulla-inspired followers. Jesus even said the same thing:
Bible, Book Matthew
12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
12:39 But he answered and said unto them, an evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the Messenger Jonas:
12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
12:42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

NO MIRACLES! But let's continue with the master of deception:
Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 4, Number 194: Narrated Anas:
It was the time for prayer, and those whose houses were near got up and went to their people (to perform ablution), and there remained some people (sitting). Then a painted stove pot (Mikhdab) containing water was brought to Allah's Apostles The pot was small, not broad enough for one to spread one's hand in; yet all the people performed ablution. (The sub narrator said, "We asked Anas, 'How many persons were you?' Anas replied 'We were eighty or more"). (It was one of the miracles of Allah's Apostle).

Tell me if I am wrong but does this remind you of something? The feeding of the thousands by Jesus with just a few loafs and fish has made Bukhari make up a ridiculous story regarding washing.
Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 13, Number 55: Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Once in the lifetime of the Messenger (p.b.u.h) the people were afflicted with drought (famine). While the Messenger was delivering the Khutba on a Friday, a Bedouin stood up and said, "O, Allah's Apostle! Our possessions are being destroyed and the children are hungry; Please invoke Allah (for rain)". So the Messenger raised his hands. At that time there was not a trace of cloud in the sky. By Him in Whose Hands my soul is as soon as he lowered his hands, clouds gathered like mountains, and before he got down from the pulpit, I saw the rain falling on the beard of the Messenger. It rained that day, the next day, the third day, the fourth day till the next Friday. The same Bedouin or another man stood up and said, "O Allah's Apostle! The houses have collapsed, our possessions and livestock have been drowned; Please invoke Allah (to protect us)". So the Messenger I raised both his hands and said, "O Allah! Round about us and not on us". So, in whatever direction he pointed with his hands, the clouds dispersed and cleared away, and Medina's (sky) became clear as a hole in between the clouds. The valley of Qanat remained flooded, for one month, none came from outside but talked about the abundant rain.

There were many droughts and food shortages at the time of the early Muslims so why did Allah not aid them by providing sustenance on a permanent basis, like the feeding of the Jews in the wilderness? First drought, then destructive flooding; could he not have prayed for a better miracle than this?
Volume 4, Book 56, Number 831: Narrated Anas:
That the Meccan people requested Allah's Apostle to show them a miracle, and so he showed them the splitting of the moon.
I have explained this above. There are many more miracles that defy logic and, more importantly, the teachings of the Qur’an which only goes to further prove the absurdities from Bukhari were all made up by him and/or those who narrated them; both guilty of corrupting our Deen. If you have not changed your mind about miracles, then I will have to pray for a miracle for that to happen!