"Ayah Kareemah" & Mufti Taqi

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear friends,

There is supposed to be no clergy in Islam. Yet, it is not only thriving but getting inherited!

'Hadhrat Shaikh Mufti-e-Azam Maulana' Muhammad Shafi Uthmani Saheb (1897-1976) was the Mufti Azam (Chief Edict Dispenser) of Pakistan. These days his son 'Hadhrat Shaikh Mufti-e-Azam Maulana' Muhammad Rafi Uthmani Saheb holds the deplorable 'prestigious' office.

Shafi's other son is also a well-known Mufti.

'Hadhrat Shaikh Mufti Maulana' Muhammad Taqi Uthmani Saheb has issued an official edict: "Prophet Muhammad (S) has visited an elderly Sheikh and informed him that Pakistan is under the wrath of Allah these days. The exalted prophet told him that the entire nation, every individual, must recite "Ayah Kareemah" 70,000 times each and the oncoming doom will be averted."

When such are the priests, God save the congregation - or will He?

Reciting the partial Ayah 100,000 times is a common group chore among N2I women whenever they wish to ward off some calamity.

:-)

The term “Ayah Kareemah” is applied to a part of verse 21:87 - “LA ILAHA ILLA ANTA SUBHANAKA INNI KUNTU MIN AZ-ZAALIMEEN”. [O God! You are Glorious. It was me who was of the wrongdoers.]

An interesting anecdote goes here. Prophet Yunus (Jonah) was swallowed by a whale (this never happened) and lived in her belly for 40 days. Finally, he recited this partial reciting 100,000 times and the whale vomited him out on the shore, wow! See QXP 21:87.

Is not every verse of the Qur’an 'Kareem' (Honorable)? Allah did not name 21:87 as “Ayah Kareemah”.

Is it difficult to understand that repeating any verse over and over will only waste our time and energy? Did Allah command us to do that?

Is the Qur'an a Book of guidance or mantras?

2:231 ... Do not make Allah’s verses a laughing stock ...

Followers of N2I (The Number Two Islam) may continue doing what they will.

Respectfully,

Dr. Shabbir
Wassalam,
SA
Shazia

Post by Shazia »