Unitarian Universalist Church

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
shahalam

Post by shahalam »

3.bp.blogspot.com/__EL2EvKO2so/Shwt1vWmy7I/AAAAAAAAKf8/9UdTeFJzV1c/s1600-h/012.JPG

Beautiful scenario.
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

This is so beautiful!

Shah Alam Saheb,

You know how rare it is to see a quote of the exalted prophet in the West.

Murad Hoffman wrote, "Quoting Quran in the West is like talking of Satan."

Shabbir is expanding on that in his new book THUS SPEAKS THE QURAN:

THUS SPEAKS THE QURAN (TSQ)

Although the entire Glorious Book is full of wisdom, knowledge and guidance for mankind, this humble work seeks to highlight the fundamentals of the Divine message. This little book is intended to be brief and reader-friendly for all, but especially for those on the go.

For simplicity and brevity, only the central themes of the verses have been presented. Particular care has been taken to preserve the original meanings. This work is NOT a literal translation.

Undue bias in the West keeps people from enriching their lives with the Supreme Quranic Wisdom. The objective of TSQ is not defending the Quran which, I believe, needs no defense. (For details, see my QXP: The Quran As It Explains Itself).

It is my sincere and fervent desire that no human should remain deprived of this unique Beacon of Light. We see quotes from every Tom, Dick & Harry in print and electronic media. But, according to Murad Hoffman, "Mentioning Quran in the West is like quoting Satan." I wish to effectively change this unfortunate perception since the Quran is the property of all humanity. Muslims have no exclusive rights to it. Rather, it is they who have abandoned it in favor of books written by Mullahs. However, since Muslims are thought to be the only custodians of the Quran, their deplorable actions alienate non-Muslims from this Treasure of treasures. We cannot blame the westerners for preemptively rejecting the Benevolent Quran since they have been made to think of it as a demonic book.

An observation: It is often said that great minds think alike. Quite a few brilliant minds in the West, at the height of their intellectual inquiry, seem to resonate with the Quran. For example:

“I think, therefore I am.” (I am thinking, therefore I exist) – Rene Descartes, in a simplest manner, demolishes ancient philosophies stating that man has no real existence and that he is only a dream of the Creator. The Quran states that the entire universe, including man, is a solid reality. [10:5]

Wassalam,
SA