CHRISTIANS AND JEWS

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
SHOAIB

CHRISTIANS AND JEWS

Post by SHOAIB »

ALLAH ALONE KNOWS THE TRUTH AND HAS REVEALED:

And with those who say: "Lo! we are Christians,"

We made a covenant, but they forgot a part of that whereof they were admonished. Therefore We have stirred up enmity and hatred among them till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will inform them of their handiwork. Qur'an 5: 14 Translation by M. Pickthall

The Jews say: Allah's hand is fettered. Their hands are fettered and they are accursed for saying so. Nay, but both His hands are spread out wide in bounty. He bestoweth as He will. That which hath been revealed unto thee from thy Lord is certain to increase the contumacy and disbelief of many of them, and We have cast among them enmity and hatred till the Day of Resurrection. As often as they light a fire for war, Allah extinguisheth it. Their effort is for corruption in the

land, and Allah loveth not corrupters. Qur'an 5: 64

(And remember) when Allah said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing thee of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow thee above those who

disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then unto Me ye will (all) return, and I shall judge between you as to that wherein ye used to differ. Qur'an 3: 55

The quoted verses do indicate that the internal hatred between various Christian Sects and Denominations (as for example; Catholics and Protestants), will persist till the Day of Resurrection and the same holds true for the followers of Judaism. To claim NO other religious group will survive till the Day of Resurrection or to claim ONLY MUSLIMS - the followers of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s.), will remain upon this earth upon Second Coming of Jesus is to deny ALLAH'S WORD.

Sorry i did not use QXP, but i was under the impression that one day the whole mankind will be Muslim? And that is Allah's plan.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Wassalam
Dr. Shabbir

CHRISTIANS AND JEWS

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Respected brother,

Thanks for gracing your own forum with your presence!

Keeping your hypothesis in view, the following deserves to be elucidated here.

The Qur'an prescribes punishment only for Six crimes: Adultery, Murder, Habitual Theft, Slandering chaste women, Fasaad fil ardh (bloody crimes on earth or rebellion against the state) and Rape.

In case of adultery and theft, the Qur'anic System of Life must be in place before punishments can be meted out. Did the Islamic State close all doors to lewdness and all activities conducive to adultery? Does not a repressive environment make the forbidden fruit more delicious? Did the State provide the basic needs to all its citizens (a great deterrent to theft)?

Now the references to the Qur'anic punishments:

24:2 The adulteress and the adulterer, flog each one of them with a hundred stripes. And let not compassion sway you in their case from carrying out God’s law, if you believe in God and the Last Day. And let a group of believers witness the penalty. [Jaldah (from skin) implies that the lashes must be superficial on the skin. And the presence of a group of believers clearly indicates the punishment as a means of deterrence and not torture. Nowhere does the Qur’an ordain the barbaric punishment of stoning to death anyone for any crime. Lewdness: 4:15, 25. Punishment as a deterrent: 5:38. Capital punishment for rape: 33:60:61. Notice that the punishment would apply to adultery committed in public since it is a crime almost always committed in privacy with anyone seldom being a witness]

24:4 (Protecting the honor of a woman is extremely important.) Those who accuse chaste women and then fail to produce four witnesses (the court of law shall order to) carry out eighty lashes to such accusers. And never in the future accept their testimony. They have drifted away from morality. [24:23. Faasiq = One who drifts away–from what? Will depend on the context]

24:5 Except those who afterward repent and reform. For God is Forgiving, Merciful.

2:178 (Security of life is the cornerstone of a civilized society.) O You who have chosen to be graced with belief! The law of Just Recompense (Qisaas) has been prescribed for you in dealing with murder. If a free person has committed murder, that free person will face the law. If a servant has committed murder, that servant will face the law. And if a woman has committed murder, that woman will face the law. If the victim’s kin pardons the guilty, the murderer must be appreciative and pay an equitable compensation to the kin in handsome gratitude. This pardon is a concession and mercy from your Lord. Whoever, after this, trespasses this law will have an awful doom in the Court of God.

[Equitable compensation takes into account the financial situation of the accused. See 4:92-93, 5:32, 17:33, 42:40. Color, creed, race, status or gender of the victim or the offender will have no bearing before the Justice System]

2:179 There is life for you in the law of Just Recompense, O You who use your intellect! This is so that you may live in security. [So, Qisaas is a deterrent and not revenge]

5:33 The just punishment for those who wage war against God and His Messenger and endeavor to commit bloody crimes on earth, is that they be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet severed on alternate sides, or be entirely banished from the land. Such is their disgrace in this world, and an awful suffering awaits them in the Hereafter.

[Fasaad = Bloody crimes = Spreading corruption in the land = Creating disorder. ‘God and His Messenger’ ... None can physically fight against God, and the Messenger was a mortal man. So, God and the Messenger denote the Central Authority of the Islamic State. Waging war against God and the Messenger would mean rebellion against the Islamic State. ‘Severing the hands and feet’ may also be understood as cutting of their ability to create Fasaad. See 5:38 & 12:31. ‘Banishing from the land’ indicates exile or imprisonment for life. If they present to the authorities before getting arrested, they could be pardoned. 4:64]

RAPE: Most people think that the Qur’an prescribes no punishment for the rapist. But the Qur’an claims to be a well perfected Book and that it covers all things that were necessary to be revealed (Innattibiyaana lakulla shayi). The Qur’an does not use Zina-bil-Jabr (forced sex) for good reason since it prescribes grievous punishment even for harassing or bothering women. The term used in 33:60 derives from Rajf = Creating alarm = Bothering = Frightening = Harassing = Causing to tremble = Inciting fear. The punishment for men creating Rajf among women could vary from exile to slaying depending on the extent of Rajf caused by the accused]

33:60 Thus it is: If the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is disease, and those who create turmoil in the City do not desist (from maligning women), We shall give you control over them (O Prophet). And then they will be your neighbors for no more than a short while.

33:61 Accursed, they shall be seized wherever found and slain one and all.

33:62 That was the way of God among those who lived before. And never will you find any change in God’s way.

Thank you for reading an unusually long post of mine!
Wassalam,
SA
Dr. Shabbir

CHRISTIANS AND JEWS

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Respected brother,

Here is my own research on evolution as stated in the Qur'an. Please see all the verses referred to here.- Brackets to 22:5.

[Recapturing the earlier stages of evolution, We initiated life from inorganic matter, the clay, then hydrated clay. Through it We brought forth the single life cell, the unicellular organism. Then We created the male and the female cells. Thus procreation came into play. Male and female gametes join, a clot, a little lump of flesh, turning into the embryo that ‘hangs’ in the womb. The embryo is partly formed and partly unformed, until it becomes the fetus and then assumes the final evident proportions. For the origin of life on the planet and creation of the human being, herein are given some important references for the research minded reader:4:1, 6:2, 6:38, 6:99, 7:11, 7:189, 11:6, 11:61, 15:26-27, 21:30, 22:5, 23:12-14, 23:12-13, 24:45, 25:54, 30:20, 31:28, 32:7-9, 35:11, 36:77, 37:11, 39:6, 40:64-67, 51:49, 53:45, 55:14, 71:14-17, 76:2-3, 86:5-7, 96:1-2]

--------------------------------------------------------------------

55:14 He created the human (initially) out of sounding inorganic matter, like pottery.

55:15 And the Jinns: He has created out of a mixed flame of fire (with an unstable fiery disposition).

[Jinns: 2:102,6:76, 6:100, 6:112, 6:128 -130, 7:12, 7:38, 8:27, 11:119, 15:17, 15:27, 21:82, 32:13, 34:12-14, 37:158, 38:76, 46:29-32, 72:1-15, 75:2-6, 114:6. Jinn pertains to something hidden, rarely seen, therefore, after using Tasreef, Al-Jinn = The nomads. Jannah from the same root word means a garden hidden in foliage. When the Jinns or the nomads move to dwell in towns and become civilized, they are referred to as Ins = Urbanites. Among the verses referred to above, Jinn, at times, denotes the hidden evil prompting that goes on in the human mind. In the sense of flashes of evil prompting, Jinn can be understood as Satan in minor forms. Satan = Selfish or rebellious desires works in concert with destructive emotions which have been described as being fiery in the Jahiliyah poetry. 'Emotions being fiery' stands up to reason.

Where is Satan? The exalted prophet once said that everyone has a Satan/Iblis within. Sahaba Kiraam respectfully asked, “Even you O Rasullullah?” He said, “Yes, I have made him a Muslim.” So, Satan is not an extrinsic entity.

Verse 21:37 convincingly shows what the ‘creation of Jinn out of fire’ actually means. Using exactly the same terms khuliq and min it states Khuliq-al-insaanu min ‘ajal. Literally that would translate as: He created man out of haste. Whereas the clear understanding is: Man has been created with a tendency to be hasty and looking for instant gains or results. Such is the case in 21:37 with Khulaq-al-jaanna mim-maarij-im-min naar - Breaking the sentence for clarity: Khulaq-al-jaanna min marijin min naar. He has given a fiery, emotional disposition to uncivilized human beings]
Wassalam,
SA
Dr. Shabbir

CHRISTIANS AND JEWS

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear brother Shoaib,

It is our policy to use QXP so that everyone is on the same page. Next time please use QXP.

If you still believe in the Second Coming of Jesus, you are confusing yourself and our brothers and sisters. Please study QXP and WHEN IS THE MESSIAH COMING? online.

Thanks a lot!
Wassalam,
SA
Shoaib

CHRISTIANS AND JEWS

Post by Shoaib »

Assalam O Alaikum,

I do not believe in second coming of Jesus.

My question was pertaining to Christians & Jews being here till the end of time.

I was under the impression that Allah's plan is that eventually the whole world would be Muslim, but from the verses i quoted its appear that Christians and Jews will be continue to follow their religion till the end of time.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Jazak Allah