Maulaana?

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
Asif zaheer

Maulaana?

Post by Asif zaheer »

Salaam alaikum,

one of my cusin is an aalim from saharan pur madarsa,india.

I discussed some issue to him on phone,which as follows

1.why u all use maulana in ur name.is it not a type of kufr bcoz it means my lord. He replied maulana also means mere mohtram.since i dont know arabic very well.is he right?

2.i gave some examples 4m there most widely read book-fazail e amaal.that it contains shirk like prophet muhammad (s) made handsake to a buzrug after hearing some poem,profet muhammad(s) came to help to any buzrug who recited darood etc. He replied that prophet is alive in there grave,and for verifiction he quote a verse from Quran that shaheeds are not dead they are alive but we dont know.

Since it was a phonic discussion i could not ask him some more question.

wassalaam
Dr. Shabbir

Maulaana?

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear brother,

"Maulana" means 'Our Master', not Muhtaram. Someone is deceiving you.

Maula = The True Master = Lord Supreme. The extremely common practice of calling a religious leader as Maulana (Our Master) is a frank, deplorable form of Shirk (associating others with God). But the clergy take pride in it! Many verses in the Qur’an tell us that there is no Maulana but God (2:286, 9:51, 10:30, 34:31). It is amazing to note that the Muslim clergy write Maulana with their names, and with their own hands.

Learn directly from the Qur'an, books, website and other sources instead of seeking easy options. Knowledge sought with hard work stays with you.

I hope you won't mind sincere advice.
Wassalam,
SA
anwer

Maulaana?

Post by anwer »

anwer