BLOG 98 - WHO IS A MUSLIM, A MU'MIN?

Welcome to New and Improved Beacon Forum. Here all General Discussions and News items can be posted and discussed.
Dr. Shabbir

BLOG 98 - WHO IS A MUSLIM, A MU'MIN?

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Who is a Muslim?
Date: Thursday, 30 June 2011, 10:10 am
In Response To: Who is a muslim? (Mohammad Yameen,India)

Answer:

MUSLIM: Anyone who believes in the Quran as the final Word of Allah revealed to Prophet Muhammad (S).

MU'MIN: When Allah's Message enters one's heart as evidenced by one's actions.

49:14 The Bedouins say, “We have attained belief.” Say (O Prophet), “You have not yet attained belief, but rather say, ‘We have submitted (to the System)’, for the faith has not yet entered your hearts. Yet, if you obey God and His messenger, He will not diminish (the reward of) any of your works. God is Forgiving, Merciful.” [Muslim & Mu'min]

49:15 The believers are only those who have attained conviction in God and His messenger, have left all doubt behind, and strive in the way of God with their possessions and their persons. Such are true to their word. [2]

I have seen very few Mu'mins in my life; can count them on fingers.

And I have not seen many Muslims either.

2:8 And of mankind there are those who claim, “We believe in God and the Last Day", while they are not believers.

12:106 The majority of those who believe in God, also commit SHIRK (idol worship in different forms).

[Mushrik = One who calls upon gods besides God = Associates others with God = Believes in false deities = Ascribes partners to Him = Submits to false authorities in any form = Prefers clergy over revelation = Commits idol worship]
Wassalam,
SA