BLOG 82 - APOSTASY

Welcome to New and Improved Beacon Forum. Here all General Discussions and News items can be posted and discussed.
Dr. Shabbir

BLOG 82 - APOSTASY

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

“APOSTASY”

The United Nations Charter on Human Rights guarantees freedom of religion. This right was first guaranteed in the Qur’an 14 centuries ago.

No one has the right to deny the right to freedom of religion. People will be held accountable for their choices in the life to come. God will decide what to do with people and their choice of belief. There is no earthly punishment prescribed in the Qur’an for those who believe or disbelieve. (4:137)

The Biblical teachings, however, say that anyone who blasphemes or becomes an apostate from his faith must be punished with death by stoning (Lev 24:16). Included among those who must be put to death by stoning are the deviants. (Deut 13:5-10)

Recently, a Srilankan Muslim woman has been reported to have converted to Christianity in the USA. Obviously, change of religion is a common occurrence. What makes this case extraordinary is the futile commotion among the Mullahs. Some of them here and there have issued the edicts of death against the woman.

They wrongly believe that anyone renouncing Islam becomes an apostate and deserves death by stoning. Ironically, almost every Muslim knows the Qur’anic injunction that there is no compulsion in religion (2:256).

But the Muslim clergy are no better than chickens without heads. They would rather blindly follow their stupid “Imams” and abandon the only authority in Islam, the compassionate and wise Al-Qur’an, that guarantees religious freedom.

Remember that the Qur’an prescribes absolutely NO worldly punishment for change of religion.

Some Qur’anic verses about freedom of religion: 2:148, 2:193, 2:256, 4:88, 5:48, 6:104, 6:107-108, 7:177-178, 10:99, 12:108, 18:29, 22:39-40, 27:80-81, 39:41, 56:79, 73:19.

2:148 Each one has a goal toward which he turns. Then strive together toward all that is good. Whatever stand you take, God will bring you all together. Indeed, God is Able to do all things.

2:193 So, fight them (the aggressors) only until there is no more harassment and Religion may be ADOPTED FOR THE SAKE OF GOD ALONE.

2:256 There is absolutely no compulsion or coercion in Religion.… [2]

4:88 Then, how could you be of two minds about the hypocrites, seeing that God has disowned them because of their own guilt? Can you guide anyone against God’s law? Do you seek to find a way of enlightenment for those who violate God’s laws of guidance?

5:48 …. For each community among you We have appointed certain rites and a traced-out way. If God had willed, He could have made you all one single community. But He decided to let you test yourselves by what (potentials) He has granted you. So, outdo one another in doing good to the society. To God you will all return, and He will then make you understand wherein you differed.

6:104 Say (O Prophet), “The manifest Enlightenment has come to you from your Lord. Whoever sees the truth, does so for his own good. And whoever turns blind, hurts himself. I am not your keeper or guardian.”

6:107 We could have created all people without free will and they would then not associate any partners with Him. (But guidance has been distinguished from straying 2:256.) And We have not appointed you as their guardian, nor are you responsible for them.

6:108 (O Believers) Do not insult the idols they set up besides God. They might insult God in their ignorance and hurt themselves. To every community We have made their deeds seem fair. Then to their Lord is their return and He will explain to them exactly what they used to do.

7:177 Evil as an example are the people who reject Our verses, since they hurt their own ‘self’.

7:178 Whoever attains God’s Guidance according to His laws is led right. And goes astray he who violates God’s law of guidance. [4]

10:99 If your Lord willed, all who are on earth, would have believed. Would you then, compel people to become believers?

12:108 Say (O Prophet), “This is my way. Resting my call upon reason, I am calling you all to God, I and those who follow me. Glory to God! And I am not one of those who ascribe divinity in any form besides Him.” [We do not invite through blind faith, vague dogmas or by stunning your intellect with miracles]

18:29 And proclaim, “This is the truth from your Lord. Whoever accepts it let him accept it, and whoever rejects it, let him reject it.”

39:41 (O Prophet) We have revealed to you this Book expounding the truth for all mankind. Then whoever chooses guidance benefits his own ‘self’. And whoever chooses to be lost, he strays only to his own detriment. You are not a custodian over them, nor can you determine their fate.

56:79 This is a Book that none but the pure of mind can grasp.

73:19 This Qur’an is a reminder, a giver of eminence. So, whoever wills, let him set out on a way to his Lord.

LET THEM BURN THE QUR'AN, BUT PROTECT ALL TEMPLES: Those who have been evicted from their homes unjustly, for no reason other than saying, “Our Lord is God!” For, if God had not enabled some people to repel others, Temples, Monasteries, Churches, Synagogues, and Masjids, where the Name of God is oft-mentioned, would have been destroyed. And God will certainly help those who help Him. God is Mighty, Powerful. [22]

A lifelong student
Wassalam,
SA