BLOG 73 - NAIMATULLAH’S LOGIC FOR HIS VALOR :-)

Welcome to New and Improved Beacon Forum. Here all General Discussions and News items can be posted and discussed.
Dr. Shabbir

BLOG 73 - NAIMATULLAH’S LOGIC FOR HIS VALOR :-)

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

NAIMATULLAH’S LOGIC FOR HIS VALOR :-)
July 19th, 2008 by Dr. Shabbir

When asked about his valor (or foolishness), Naimatullah told us a story that his father had told him. (Shabbir read it in books much later.)

Baba Ghulam Farid used to walk on water. One day, he was crossing a river saying, “Allah, Allah!” A disciple of his was following him saying, “Ya Farid, Ya Farid!” All went fine. Suddenly, the disciple decided to utter, “Allah! Allah!” as his “master” was uttering. But he started drowning.

Baba Ghulam Farid picked up the man with his little finger. The disciple’s face became a question mark. The Sufi Baba answered, “I know Allah, so I was calling Him. You don’t know Him, you know me. So as soon as you started calling Allah, you went down.”

Naimat said: My mistake was saying, “Ya Allah help!” I should have said, “Abbaji (my father), help me!”

I asked Naimat to try it. He said, “OK” but then quickly disappeared in the fragrant crowd. :-)

Moral of the story: It goes without saying that Baba Ghulam Farid’s story is a fabrication by some of his disciples. “Mystics (Sufis and Yogis) don’t fly; it’s their disciples that make them fly.” - Sheikh Sa’di

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, NOTHING HURTS HUMAN BEINGS MORE THAN A PERSON REPORTING SOMETHING HEARD AS SEEN.

And here is the Ultimate Wisdom:

17:36 And you shall not follow blindly any information of which you have no direct knowledge. (Using your faculties of perception and conception) you must verify it for yourself. In the Court of your Lord, you will be held accountable for your hearing, sight, and the faculty of reasoning.

Shabbir, a life-long student
Wassalam,
SA