BLOG 56 - Islam: What The West Needs To Know # 21

Welcome to New and Improved Beacon Forum. Here all General Discussions and News items can be posted and discussed.
Dr. Shabbir

BLOG 56 - Islam: What The West Needs To Know # 21

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

REBUTTAL – 21
May 18th, 2008 by Dr. Shabbir

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-871902797772997781

Anchorman: Is what we are witnessing today a class of civilization? We asked that of noted Palestinian scholar, Professor of English and Comparative Literature at Columbia University, Dr. Edward Said.

Dr. Edward Said: No, I don’t think so, and I think the whole thesis is a bit of a false one because in the first place, you know, civilizations are not little packages that are kind of completely detached from each other. They’re all connected in one way or another, and you know, so-called Western civilization has many elements of Islamic, and Confucian, and Latin American, and Russian, European, African and other components.

Ms. Bat Ye’or, Author, Islam and Dhimmitude: Where Civilizations Collide: The basis of the prophet of this new version of Islam as a religion of peace and tolerance was Edward Said who established in all universities and in academia this Islamic vision of peace. On this basis, the whole history of Dhimmitude and Jihad disappeared.

Answer: Linguistically and figuratively, Islam has always meant Peace & Submission. So, who can be a new prophet of a new version of Islam meaning peace?

Dear Ma’am, I am sure most non-Muslims and even Muslims are not even aware of the non-Qur’anic terms, “Dhimmi” and “Dhimmitude”. Dhimmitude did not disappear - it never existed even in the life time of the exalted Prophet.

To repeat what we have said before:
Most certainly, Christians or any non-Muslims have never been relegated to a second class status in a Muslim country. We have addressed this question under the Dhimmi Status in Rebuttal - 15. Here is a glimpse once again.

Dhimma = Responsibilty. So, Dhimmi, a non-Qur’anic term coined by Islamic jurists, would mean non-Muslim citizens whose safety and well-being is the responsibility of the Islamic State. This unconditional guarantee would be above and beyond the guarantee provided to the Muslim citizens.

We have seen that the exalted Prophet had said, “If a non-Muslim is wronged in the Islamic State, I will personally plead on his behalf.” [Sahah Sittah]

So, even if there was such a thing as Dhimmi status ever in history, it could never mean ‘second class’ citizenship. It would rather be ‘first class plus’.

Would you kindly point out a single Islamic country where non-Muslims are called Dhimmies?

Dr. William Draper - History of the Intellectual Development of Europe, London 1875: …. The man (Muhammad) who of all men exercised the greatest influence upon the human race…. During the period of the Caliphs the learned men of the Christians and the Jews were not only held in great esteem but were appointed to posts of great responsibility, and were promoted to the high ranking job in the government….

Mr. Robert Spencer, Islam Unveiled: Edward Said, who in his book Orientalism, posited that criticism of the Islamic world on the part of Westerners was racist and imperialist. It is spread in order to make political points, to accustom Westerners to the idea that Muslims are here to stay in the United States, and that they must not be questioned in terms of their loyalty to the secular framework of Western society, of the United States, and of Europe as well; that they must not be questioned in this despite Islam’s historical, political character, because Islam is a religion of peace. And this fiction has become so entrenched in American public discourse as to be practically beyond question, such that anybody who does question it is immediately branded as a racist, a hate-monger, a bigot. And this is a very effective tool in a country where racism is the Cardinal sin above all, to silence any effective debate about the continuing attachment of Muslim immigrants to Sharia law and their intentions toward the secular systems in which they now reside.”

Answer: Dear Sir, the truth has its own ways to make itself known, to expound itself. How can Islam be anything but a religion of peace when Muslims are strongly forbidden to fight except in self-defense or in the face of persecution. Please see Rebuttal – 2.

There is no doubt that Muslim-Americans are a highly productive force in the society. They are at the top in per family income and higher education. Rarely if ever is there a Muslim behind common societal ills in America, such as violent crimes, high school dropout, and teenage pregnancies. Are America’s 6 million culturally diverse Muslims waiting collectively to turn into something else altogether at some preordained time (and enforce Shari’ah law)? This would hurt them more than anyone else.

J. W. H. Stab, Islam and its Founder: In Islam, science and religion have thrived like twin sisters. Therefore, during the Koranic glory of Islamic civilization, science made incredible progress from which the West was later enlightened.

Part 5 of 6, More Than A Religion
Mr. Richard Boucher, the US Under Secretary for the South Asian Affairs: …that this is not a clash against Islam or Arabs. This is about freedom, not culture. It’s about working with Islamic governments who want to move forward into the modern world, working with Islamic governments who see their face as the face of peace, and working against the violence and the terror and the people who would seek to hold back the world, and would seek to disrupt peace and freedom for others. And so that is what it’s about for us. The true faith of Islam, we believe, is a religion of peace, and we intend to work with them in that regard. The true faith of Islam, we believe, is a religion of peace.

Comment: How can one dispute with this bright diplomat when he is saying nothing but the truth?

Abdullah Al-Araby, Director, The Pen vs. the Sword Publications: Islam has to be known as more than a religion. The idea that Islam is a spiritual religion like, for instance, Christianity, is completely incorrect.

Serge Trifkovic, Foreign Affairs Editor, Chronicles magazine: It would be incorrect to describe Islam as primarily or solely a religion. Since its early beginning in Mohammad’s lifetime, it has also been a geopolitical project and a system of government, a political ideology, if you will.

Answer: Dear Sirs, although commonly used, no one in the world has been able to define exactly what ‘spirituality’ means.

Look how vague the Merriam-Webster dictionary is: 1: something that in ecclesiastical law belongs to the church or to a cleric as such 2 : clergy 3 : sensitivity or attachment to religious values 4 : the quality or state of being spiritual

I will try to come closer: “Sensitivity or attachment to moral values.” In that sense, dear Sirs, you will find no guidance better than that given in the Qur’an. We have been showing some glimpses all along.

You asserted that Christianity (in contrast) is a spiritual religion without any geopolitical project or political ideology. Let’s go to the most original source.

A great-great grand-daughter of Thomas Carlyle has sent the following from the UK:

From Noorah Carlyle, UK
THE NEW TESTAMENT

A few of the violent sayings attributed to Jesus:

1. “I come not to send peace, but a sword.” (Matthew 10:34)

2. “If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.” (Luke 14:26)

3. “Those mine enemies which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.” (Luke 19:27)

4. “If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.” (John 15:6)

5. “Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division.” (Luke 12:51-2)

Dear Sirs, you will find nothing like this in the Glorious Qur’an.

(Contd respectfully by a life-long student)
Wassalam,
SA