homosexuality

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
arifparvaz

homosexuality

Post by arifparvaz »

peace be upon you !

I want to know islamic prespective on homo sexuality

arif
noman waseem

homosexuality

Post by noman waseem »

AOA brother,

I couldn't go in too much detail, but from QXP, if I recall correctly, Sodom and Gomorrah are important points of reference. I believe that Dr. Shabbir added a relevant side comment there about the reason why those towns were destroyed. The key is to recognize that the Law of Requital as described in the Quran works in general when society and/or person commit crimes against humanity.

As per an Islamic perspective, homosexuality may be considered a crime against one's Self, but it would be a stretch to say that it *causes* one to commit crimes against humanity. This of course brings to mind the various theories about how homosexuality was one of the reasons for the down-fall of the Greek and Roman empires; as well as why these shouldn't be taken seriously.

My personal understanding is that homosexuality is a symptom of a troubled society, not its cause. A bit late in coming, but I hope that helps.
Noman Waseem
Dr. Shabbir

homosexuality

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Homosexuality violates human rights by disrupting the integration of a society. Society is made up of families.

This is our better forum:

http://www.ourbeacon.com/cgi-bin/bbs60x/webbbs_config.pl
Wassalam,
SA
noman waseem

homosexuality

Post by noman waseem »

That's a very good point! Thank you for that.

Even so, I think it deserves being considered in context of causation vs. correlation (the theme of my above post). For example, in this society especially, there are homosexuals who stand to argue that they maintain a stable family structure, and there are many heterosexuals who maintain broken homes. That's why I see homosexuality as being correlated to a disintegrated society rather than causing it.

But still, your point is clear, but I suppose that it acts on a much grander scale that isn't readily observable.

Thanks again,
Noman Waseem