Women' Prayer - amena Darsi Mufti Desai, India

Here we will show what Islam is not and how it is refuted by the Quranic Message.
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Can a husband and wife offer prayers together?

Q. Is it appropriate that a woman leads a congregational prayer in a congregation of women only? Can a husband and wife offer prayers together?

A. It is perfectly right, and indeed encouraged, for a man and wife to offer any obligatory prayer together in a congregation made up of the two of them. It is also proper that a group of women should organize a congregational prayer, led by one of them, who should stand in the middle of the first row, not in front of it.
Wassalam,
SA
shez

Post by shez »

Dr Sahib, I am slightly confused here ... Is it a NAMAZ we are talking about here?

Can a husband and wife offer prayers together?

Q. Is it appropriate that a woman leads a congregational prayer in a congregation of women only? Can a husband and wife offer prayers together?

A. It is perfectly right, and indeed encouraged, for a man and wife to offer any obligatory prayer together in a congregation made up of the two of them. It is also proper that a group of women should organize a congregational prayer, led by one of them, who should stand in the middle of the first row, not in front of it.
Thanks & Regards

- Shez
[Dust is my bed...]
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear Shez,

This is some Mufti answering a question about NAMAZ.
Wassalam,
SA
shez

Post by shez »

ahhhh ... fine then :-)
Thanks & Regards

- Shez
[Dust is my bed...]