U.S. judge jails Muslim woman over head scarf.

What is the Deen, System of Life, according to the Quran, and how and why is Islam a challenge to Religion?
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Ga. resident refused to remove hijab at court's security checkpoint

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28278572/?gt1=43001

updated 2:48 p.m. ET Dec. 17, 2008

DOUGLASVILLE, Ga. - A judge ordered a Muslim woman arrested Tuesday for contempt of court for refusing to take off her head scarf at a security checkpoint.
The judge ordered Lisa Valentine, 40, to serve 10 days in jail, said police in Douglasville, a city of about 20,000 people on Atlanta's west suburban outskirts.
Valentine violated a court policy that prohibits people from wearing any headgear in court, police said.
----------------------------------------------------------

Well done! Burqa, Niqaab, Hijab also conceal the identity of a person - a security risk.
Wassalam,
SA
UmeAimon

Post by UmeAimon »

Salam,

It's not like I am defending scarf or hijab but i don't see what security threat does a simple scarf can carry! i mean a person wearing an over coat can hide more than a headscarf which women only wear for fashion anyway :) and can be checked easily! It shouldn't have been the issue for either parties, my point is why do they have to ban it and why does she have to be there like that? :roll:

UmeAimon
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Respected Sister UmmAimon,

You always have a good point. I was focusing on identity. In many situations we may not feel comfortable with concealed identity.
Wassalam,
SA