Is beard compulsary?

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
asifzaheer

Is beard compulsary?

Post by asifzaheer »

As salaam alaikum,
I want to ask question...one of my uncle has beard,he always insists others to keep beard and keep saying that,"shaving beard is haraam,it is there in bhukhari" i know that beard has nothing to do with islam, but i want a answer.he saw me very refrences in so called books of-albaanee and bukhari,when i told him that it is neither compulsary in islam nor mentioned in AL-QURAN,infact it is borrowed 4m christian culture,but he is not trying to understand.hoping someone help me.

it is my first post,and i want to share one thing...hope this post will be usefull to them who want to open an account in this forum...2months ago i filled up the registration form but after submitting it shows some thing like smtp error,a tried many times but the same error occured always...now today surfing thru the posts of Dr.Shabbir shahab ,i found that it is normal.so in no time i enterd my username & password and with allah's grace it worked :D ..Allah Hafeez
Damon

Is beard compulsary?

Post by Damon »

Salaam 'Alaikum Asif,

I want to ask question...one of my uncle has beard,he always insists others to keep beard and keep saying that,"shaving beard is haraam,it is there in bhukhari" i know that beard has nothing to do with islam, but i want a answer.he saw me very refrences in so called books of-albaanee and bukhari,when i told him that it is neither compulsary in islam nor mentioned in AL-QURAN,infact it is borrowed 4m christian culture,but he is not trying to understand.hoping someone help me.

It seems to me that you already know the answer to this question. I wouldn't worry about trying to convince your uncle or giving him "proof". If he wants to believe that a beard is compulsory in Islam, he's going to believe it no matter what evidence to the contrary you provide him.

Here is another hint to ponder upon, there are plenty of commanding verses that begin with ya ayuhul alatheena 'amanoo [O you who have chosen to be graced with belief]. Simply remind him that there are NO VERSES in The Quran addressing The Believers instructing them to grow beards. But as I already said, if he wants to believe beards are part of Al-Islam he is going to convince himself of that no matter what you do.

Salaam,
Damon.
Dr. Shabbir

Is beard compulsary?

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

SHARI'AH LAWS PLAGIARIZED FROM THE BIBLE is probably on the blog. It has a detailed answer.

Damon is quite right. Beard is a cultural trait. Tell your uncle that even the most ardent enemies of the exalted prophet, Abu Jahl, Abi Lahab, Waleed bin Mugheera and more, all had beards.
Wassalam,
SA
asifzaheer

Is beard compulsary?

Post by asifzaheer »

as salaam alaikum.
yes damon bro u r right.thanx .i will soon show him some great articles about it.i know what is my uncle's problem--he only thinks according to hadiths.but i feel sad for him bcoz few years ago he entered to resaerch islam..he was going in right direction ,he studied many things on internet( i dont know what he read).but now a days he only runs himself according to a book(sahi bukhari).as u said "jo samajhna hi nahi chahta use kya samjhaya ja sakta hai"(i.e he is not going to listen whatever i want to say bcoz he dont want to understand).

shabbir uncle,how r u? i m very happy that my first querry is addressed by u.doctor shahab what do u think about Albannee,and dr zakir naik.As my uncle is a die hard fan of both can u plz mention some hadith written in albanee's book goes against the Quranic principle?

thanks again
Allah hafiz
Dr. Shabbir

Is beard compulsary?

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear Asif beta,

Both of them are strict N2Is. 90% of the Ahadith they write or quote, go against the Qur'an.

Please read The Number Two Islam (N2I) article on the Blog and show him ISLAM KAY MUJRIM or THE CRIMINALS OF ISLAM.

I can send those to you. The English book is present in the Library section on your own website.

http://ourbeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/Dr.%20Shabbir/2007/09/criminals.pdf

May Allah bless you!
Wassalam,
SA
shahalam66

Is beard compulsary?

Post by shahalam66 »

We may judge a man by his beard, or judge a beard by its person. But none of these inquiries can lead us to the true value of the two. Because inquiries into the heart are not for man.
shahalam
asifzaheer

Is beard compulsary?

Post by asifzaheer »

Thank u uncle,i wil surely show these materials to him

Allah hafiz