Confused over temporal nature of hell and reference verses

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
matinbhagat

Post by matinbhagat »

78:23 They will abide in it for ages. (Jahannam, hell), is not forever. Allah’s Grace comes to rescue the dwellers of the Jahannam (hell), fire 6:128, 11:107, 40:12. While the abode of Jannah (paradise) is Eternal.

However, the reference 6:128 states

6:128

The day will come when He gathers all of them and says, “O You nomads! You have seduced many of the urban.” Their urbanite friends will say, “Our Lord! We enjoyed each other’s company (and both used each other opportunistically as happens in a chaotic society) until we wasted a life span You had given us.” He will say, “Fire is your home. Abide therein forever according to God’s Design.” Surely, (O Messenger) your Lord is Wise, Knowing. (He has designed His Laws in all wisdom and knowledge.)

Here, the word forever is used. Now how do we account for the word ages in one and forever in another one. Another one of the refrences mentions time beyond count in the new universe. So is there a coherent picture we can draw, I am sure we can draw one, its just I am a little confused, could any brother or sister help further explain this. I have read arguments about the word forever being valid only as long as the lifespan of and individual is valid. But how does all this tie in?

also,

58:17

Their wealth and their children and party will avail them not against God. It is they who are companions of the Fire, therein to abide.

khalidun here is not forever and abide but in 6:128 khalideena is forever? Could you please clarify for me about this .thank you.salam

Regards,
Jai
Inna lillahi,wa inna ilayhi ra'jiun
To God we belong,To Him is the return!
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Respected brother,

When someone changes the text or brackets in QXP, I feel better by not commenting.

I hope, you will kindly understand and won't mind.

78:23 They will abide in it for ages. [Hell is not forever. God’s grace comes to rescue the dwellers of the Hellfire. 6]

However, to be brief, please look at this:

7:156 ... My mercy embraces all things ...
Wassalam,
SA
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Respected brother,

Consider it as a rhetorical statement so that human beings do good deeds. Ultimately, Allah's Mercy prevails since it encompasses all things.

But I must respect your understanding.
Wassalam,
SA