About Qiblatan in 10:87

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
arista

Post by arista »

Salam,

I want to ask about 10:87 in QXP.

10:87 We commanded Moses and his brother, “Maintain your homes in Egypt, and turn them into places of worship to remember God. Establish the commandments in your lives and give good news to the believers.”

Is it Qiblatan = places of worship ?..

Based on the story, this is not make any sense..

1. Musa turn their home into Qiblatan after the debate with Pharaoh (which make Pharaoh get angry, and Bani Israil fear the anger), not before..

2. After building qiblatan, Musa made a migration..

3. Taurat not exist yet..

I think, the best explanation is, Musa turn their homes into (i do not know the exact word) a place to consolidate their action before migration...

Can you explain it ?
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

WA, dear Arista

QXPiv

10:87 We commanded Moses and his brother, “Maintain your homes in Egypt, and turn them into centers of the Divine System and remember God. Establish the commandments in your lives and give good news to the believers.”

Your understanding is fine and QXPiv says the same.

Thanks for your kind attention!
Wassalam,
SA
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam dear Arista,

The verse says:

بيوتكم قبلة واقيموا الصلاة
buyootakum qiblatan waaqeemoo alssalat

buyootakum=their houses in plural (kum=their/3 persons or more, buyoot=plural of Bayt=house).

qiblatan= Point of Focus/ Focal point/ Where your mind is focussed on.

waaqeemoo alssalat= to uphold and stand firm in following the obligations of God/to uphold righeousness.

So the verse says:

Their houses be the focal points where they uphold the following of God's commands.

It means their houses must be the places where they uphold God's Laws and obligations and be centers of organising resistence to the Pharoah's oppression.