The first centuries after the passing of the Prophet (S)

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
crschatz

Post by crschatz »

Assalamu alaikum,
I do have Dr. Shabbir's book, Karbala, Fact or Fiction. But I was wondering if anybody could give me a summary of what happened to the Prophet's (S) Family, Companions (RA), and the leadership succession during that time. Were Hazrat Husain and Hazrat Ali outright assasinated? And was Yazeed a tyrant or was he just slandered? What happened to Ladies Fatima and Aisha (RA)? And how do the "Rightly Guided Caliphs" that seem to be standard Muslim belief fit into this? I'm sorry, too many questions! Dr. Shabbir's book is great but the whole true story is very complicated to me as far as keeping the different people straight.
Wassalam,
Courtney Schatz
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear Sister, Wa Salamun alaikum!

The book gives you the dates about the early Caliphs of Islam.

Please remember as a bench mark that the exalted prophet died in 10 A.H. = 632 Common Era or AD. (570-632 CE)

A.H. = The Calendar beginning at Hijrah or Migration of the exalted prophet from Makkah to Madinah = 622 CE.

Hazrat Abu Bakr was the Khalifa (Caliph) between 632-634, Hazrat Umar 634-644, Hazrat Uthman 644-656, Hazrat Ali 656 to 661, Hazrat Mu'awiyah 661-680 CE.

The history of the middle three Caliphs' assassination is clearly given in ISLAM: THE TRUE HISTORY AND FALSE BELIEFS.

See Pg 90 for Hazrat Umar
Pg 92 for Hazrat Uthman
Pg 93 for Hazrat Ali

Hazrat Ayesha died of natural causes at 69. Hazrat Fatima, the daughter of the exalted prophet, wife of Hazrat Ali, died in Madinah of spontaneous abortion at 22.

*Yazeed son of Hazrat Mu'awiah has been slandered first (and followed by blind follower 'Imams') in the 'canonized' History of the Persian, Zoroastrian 'Imam' Tabari, d 310 Hijrah = 923 CE.

Hazrat Mu'awiah, a close Sahabi (Companion of the exalted prophet), was the first Caliph of the Umayyad Dynasty which was replaced by the Abbasid Dynasty in 132 Hijrah = 750 CE, (750- 1258 CE).

Based on my humble research, I consider most of the Umayyad Caliphs Rightly Guided. The Abbasid Dynasty was primarily Zoroa-Persian rule over the 'Islamic Empire' although some of their Caliphs were good Muslims, and their first four centuries produced some great Muslim emperors.

Hazrat Husain, son of Hazraat Ali and Fatima, the maternal grandson of the exalted prophet, was assassinated in the Governor House in Kufa by the Zoroastrian Jaban bin Harmuzan in 61 A.H. = 680 CE. He was then the Governor of Iraq.

*THE SUPPOSED TRAGEDY OF KARBALA (IN 61 AH = 680 CE) WAS CONCOCTED BY THE CRIMINAL ‘IMAM’ TABARI AROUND 910 CE. IT NEVER TOOK PLACE. The books of Hadith and History written more than a century before Tabari (who died in 310 AH = 923 CE) do not even hint to anything such as Yazeed's forces killing Hazrat Husain at Karbala. More astonishingly, Hazrat Husain's son Zain-ul-Aabidin, considered as the Infallible Fourth Imam by Shiites, makes no mention of Karbala and Yazeed's atrocities at all in his two books written around 700 CE. In fact, he showers generous laurels on Yazeed. ('Munajaat-e-Zainul Abideen' and 'Saheefa Sajjadia'.)

Dear Sister,
Now I have tears in my eyes. Who will answer your questions with such authenticity and clarity after me, even though I am no more than a student? I have researched and written my humble works with tears and blood.
Wassalam,
SA