tsunami, earth quakes

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
zahida

tsunami, earth quakes

Post by zahida »

AoA!!!
i was just wondering usually the Quranic rule is "As you sow so shall you reap"........right ?
then why are we getting tsunamis, earthquakes increasingly?,,,,what can be explanation for this thing that only poor suffer cuz of natural as well as human created disaster? i know earthquake cant be responsible for killing people if building structures are strong ... but why not any such thing affects those who are usually responsible? ,,,like building contractors or architects? poor policy planners of government etc....
p.s. i read in another topic there are only abt 10 other sites which tell the truth...i know only free-mind.org and tolu-e-islam, other than this one, i would like to know other 7 ....may i plz?
shahalam66

tsunami, earth quakes

Post by shahalam66 »

We cannot find fault with forces of disasters that are the result of nature. The power above us are always manifested in virtue.

"As you sow so shall you reap" is a matter of our free will. A building with poorly engineered foundation will fall upon us because of nature's gravity. This happens when builders go beyond the limit that is imposed upon them by the law of gravity.

People who get killed in disasters, nature's or man made, we have references such as 2:156.
shahalam
sikes

tsunami, earth quakes

Post by sikes »

Salaams!

Earthquakes, tsunamis and any other natural "disaster" are NOT disasters at all. They are just natures way of restoring balance. It only turns out to be a "disaster" when we humans get involved. These events are what makes earth alive and keeps the engine running, in other words they are blessings in disguise.

1. "then why are we getting tsunamis, earthquakes increasingly?" - Are you sure that it's not the AWARENESS of earthquakes and tsunamis that have increased (especially after 2004) than the actual number of the said events themselves?

2. ""As you sow so shall you reap"........right ?" - Right, 'sow' knowledge and you 'reap' life with the added benefit, sow ignorance and well you can see the result all around the world. For example: The Huwaiin islands are earthquake, volcano and tsunami prone you don't get many casualties over there or Japan for instance, why? Because people there study the basic mechanics and act appropriately.

3. To say that only the 'poor' suffer through "disasters" is a gross misjudgement and an injustice to all human beings who have suffered throughout the ages.

4. Tribulation comes in many forms, some are visible, most are not. I believe you see these natural phenomenas as punishment and that is why you ask "why so and so is not punished and is therefore not suffering?" It would be in our best interest to focus our energies on the positive and not dwell on the negative.

So the explanation you are looking for is simple - 10:44 Allah is never unjust to human beings; but people wrong themselves. (Failing to use the God-given faculties is the first wrong one can commit. It brings the humans down to subhuman levels 7:179). [Quran - QXP]

If there is anyone to blame for our sufferings (due to natural causes or otherwise), we only need to look in the mirror.

Salaams :)

Arnold Yasin Mol

tsunami, earth quakes

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam Aleikum,

I agree a 100% dear Sikes. Thank you for your very good post.

Due to information highway becoming faster we know more what is going on on the Earth, next to population growth there are more people living in danger areas.

God teaches us to learn from nature so we can control it or learn how to protect ourselves against it.

It is WE who go live on a known dangerous place, be it near a volcano or a earthquake zone.

In America you have "Tornado Alley" where more tornado's occur then anywhere else on Earth. People live there and keep living there, doesn't matter how many times they need to rebuilt.

When a human calls something its home, it get stubborn and just say it is God attacking them. This ancient thinking of gods-versus-man is nonsense.

When people are asked, after their houses been destroyed, 90% will answer:

"We are gonna rebuild!"

In the words of comic Carlos Mencia:

"God is trying to tell you something! Then *&^%$# listen! It is called TORNADO ALLEY not Icecream valley!"

Mankind always have tried to relay nature's behaviour to represent God's mood towards humans. When a meteorrain fell on France in 1200 people thought God was saying it was the end of world. When Katrina hit, preachers said it was God's punishment.

No it was bad construction of the dams, stubborn of people not wanting to flee from Katrina but staying in their homes and so on.

God punishes not through nature. When humans do not follow the Divine Values they will mistakes, like the stubborness, the bad construction of the dams and so on, thus their own wrong understanding and following of Reality creates wrong actions in reality which causes such disasters to fall on mankind.

People refuse to listen to God, think they listen to Nature?
zahida

tsunami, earth quakes

Post by zahida »

AoA
i guess i had made it clear in my post that people dont get killed cuz of earthquake rather its bad construction which is responsible...question was do the contractors or architects suffer ? what can be hidden tribulation specially for them? any proof ???
by the way these posts reminded me of hazrat nooh's and hazrat loot's qoam their destruction by flood and i dont know what happened to hazrat loot's qoam........but for hazrat nooh's qoam was it really flood ? if yes then this arguement is false that God does not use nature to punish...
p.s. during katrina ppl died cuz govt didnt ve enough buses to trsnport ppl[roads were dry],,,what they had were militiary helicopters which r very expensive to use around 2000$/hr for one helicopter....again govt responsible.["A drain on the public purse"]
Arnold Yasin Mol

tsunami, earth quakes

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Peace,

Like I also said in my post, it has do to with people not using their energy to learn how to protect themselves against nature.

Both the people of Lot and the people Noah were busy with lust, greed and so on. None spended time researching if they were truly in safety or not.

As a side note, the verses on Lot also allow a different interpretation, that they were destroyed by an army of neighboring nations and not by a natural disaster.

More on that in the future.

But it is our neglectance that brings destruction to a people. And also what is nature? What is a natural disaster?

How much do we know to understand that we are the cause of something?

When the Challenger shuttle exploded with all the austronauts, this was also a natural disaster, as a natural law was working here.

A ring leaked fuel, which came in contact with heat and thus exploded.

Global warming creates more storms, tornado's and hurricanes.

Thus again it us who lay at the beginning of the cycle.
sikes

tsunami, earth quakes

Post by sikes »

Salaams!

Dear Zahida:

1. "what can be hidden tribulation specially for them? any proof ???" - Do you live with these people 24 hours a day to claim that no tribulation occurs to them? Do you believe tribulations come in the form of a big bang only? Please do not be so quick to judge.

2. "rather its bad construction which is responsible...question was do the contractors or architects suffer ?" - Again how do you know that they don't just because you don't "see" it? If God is indeed punishing people using nature (a theory I do not believe) then what you are implying is that the wrong people are punished. So are you questioning God's wisdom? Do you think it's flawed? Do you believe you know better than God?

Besides why always blame the 'officials'? I am not saying that they are completely blameless but buildings are built in high risk zones because there is a market for it, all the general public has to do is to refuse to live in such areas. Why do they willingly live in these areas and then point the finger away from themselves when something bad happens?

3. "...if yes then this arguement is false that God does not use nature to punish..." - The argument was not put forth by us, it's a simple fact that resonates through out the Quran. by the way weren't Noah's people warned about the impending flood? But they didn't take heed, they thought they were invinsible and in the end they proved just how 'invinsible' they are. So is this punishment or foolishness?

4. "during katrina ppl died cuz govt ... " - This is only partly true, there was ample warning before Katrina hit, why didn't those people move? (reminds me of Noah's people) While the government acted like complete fools the residents are to blame too. The rule of thumb in any country is to cast aside all personal responsibility when the voting session is done. Responsibility need to be shared by all. (Note: no offence to the victims of Katrina or anyother causes)

Are you aware that people opting to live in high risk zones is costing the respective nations billions? These billions come out of the hard earned money of the honest tax payer and generous donors. As Arnold said:

"When people are asked, after their houses been destroyed, 90% will answer:

"We are gonna rebuild!"

And they will keep rebuilding each time their houses are knocked down, and they expect the government (which actually is the taxpayer) help bare the cost. Do you think it's fair the rest of the population have to waste their money on the foolishness of few? God does not love wasters (7:31). It's one thing to help people move away from high risk zones, but helping them to continue staying there is a waste. Imagine what those billions could have been used for..

If you don't mind me saying so, stop worrying about who should be punished Zahida :)
As I said in my previous post, focus that energy on bringing something positive to humanity.

Salaams :)