Angels // 2:98

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Razwan Iqbal

Post by Razwan Iqbal »

AA

first of all GREAT NEW SITE!!

A quick Question or two

I understand the concept of angels ( i think ) but can somebody help me understand the below verse

2:98 Whoever bears a grudge against Allah, and His angels and His Messengers, and Gabriel and Michael, must know that verily, Allah opposes the rejecters of the Truth.

His Angels, his Messengers and Gabriel and Michael...
why are Gabriel and Michael mentioned separately???

I might have got the wrong end of the stick with regards to Gabriel..

Also this verse

10:94 (O Prophet), If you ever think whether the Revelation We send to you could be an inspiration from your heart, ask the angels who bring it. They read it before you read it. Verily the Truth has come to you from your Lord. Be not of those who waver.

How does this fit in to the concept of Angels being laws of nature.. Unless its to be understand as that the devine laws are proof of the revelation... but then its said. They read it before you read it. Verily the Truth has come to you from your Lord..

so just need some help understanding the above verses

thanks for your help

Razwan
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam Aleikum dear Razwan and welcome to Ourbeacon,

I have written and article about the subject malikah which can be found here:

http://www.ourbeacon.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=169

The term Malikah comes from the root MLK, which means generally:
have control, rule, reign, have power, be capable of, can do, have authority, hold.

It is the same root from which the word Malik comes from, which means Supreme Master, King or Ruler.

Malikah are told to control the Creation. So what does control the Creation? We know now that the Laws of the Universe, which determines the limits and measures of energy and matter, it are the forces that HOLD energy and matter, and have authority over all Creation.

So this includes Gravity, Speed of Light, the Quantum Field, the Planck Constant and so on. Also it refers to the Laws that control your psyche. When you experience a lot of stress, your physiology changes, and your state of mind is affected by this. The Laws of Morality that are in the conciousness of mankind.

Malikah Names:

Malikah is also used for special Forces that bring the Revelation, called Jibril, coming from Jabr and il.

Jabr means mending a broken thing and also giving a poor man so liberally as to make him well off and a brave person, and il refers to Powerful or Mightyness.

So Jibril is translated as That which mends the poor human with Power and Might so it will be well off and a brave creature. And thus refers to that it brings the Revelation that restores the original path of Mankind so it will be on the right track again and has courage to follow that path again.

This is exactly what the Revelation does. Jibril is also called Ruh-Al-Qudus. Ruh is used in the Quran for Revelation, Wahi, Inspiration. It also means Essence. Rihun means Wind, Power, Dominance, Conquest, Good and pure thing, Mercy, Aid against the Enemy. In the Quran it also used for Punishment when in singular or Blessing when in plural. Qudus means Holiness or Purity. So indeed Ruh-Al-Qudus is to be understood as Divine Energy or Divine pure Essence of Power.

Mikal means Who is like Allah. But this meaning is highly influenced by the Jewish Hebrew understanding of the angels and thus I don't believe this is the correct understanding of the name. So it will need more time to understand it.

But it is clear now what these verses mean:

2:97 (They are displeased with Gabriel for bringing Revelation to a gentile Prophet. 2:90) Say (O Prophet), ?Who bears a grudge against Gabriel?" For he it is who has revealed this Qur?an upon your heart by Allah?s Will. And this Revelation confirms the Divine Origin of the earlier Revelations, and it is a Beacon of Light and a glad tiding for all those who acknowledge it.

2:98 Whoever bears a grudge against Allah, and His angels and His Messengers, and Gabriel and Michael, must know that verily, Allah opposes the rejecters of the Truth.

People have a grudge against the possibility of people being able to receive Revelation, they would rather have that this possibility didn't exist.

If you have more questions, please ask and we will do our best in answering them.
Razwan Iqbal

Post by Razwan Iqbal »

AA brother Arnold

thanks for the explanation.. great article.
try explaining that to any N2I :wink: :D

regards

Razwan
abshoeb

Post by abshoeb »

Respected Brothers Assalamalikum wa Rahmathullahi wa thaala wa Barkathuhu.

Jibril (Allah's Law of communication force to Anmbia)
And I think Mikal ( Allah's Law of Protection force for commuication to Anmbia)

And Please ponder these verses we will have Idea of Mikal.

72:27 Except as He wills unto a Messenger whom He has elected, and unto him He reveals from the past and the future, and ensures that the Revelation is guarded. [God Himself guards the Perfected Final Revelation, hence no more apostles will come. Al-Qur’an is now the Messenger for all times.15]

72:28 That He may make manifest that it is indeed their Lord’s Messages (and nothing else) that these Messengers deliver. For, He it is Who encompasses all the Revelation they have, and takes account of all things.

66:4 You two should turn in repentance to God, since your hearts had deviated. But if you back up each other against him (in divulging family matters), then, remember, God is with him, and so is Gabriel (who brings the Revelation in truth), and the righteous believers. Also angels are his helpers. [‘Angels’ here denotes perseverance, restraint, courage, resolve, contentment 3;126, 8]

Fee Amanillah

Ali Bin Ali Alharbi (Al Madina)